The Updated Features of Aftershokz Aeropex
- Aftershokz Aeropex has reduced sound leakage by 50% compared to Aftershokz Air, as promised. So, you can feel free to talk or listen to music through Aftershokz Aeropex in front of the person next to you. Your privacy will not be affected anyway, and it will not bother the people around you.
- Aeropex is rated IP67 waterproof, it is completely safe from sweat and water. On the other hand, Aftershokz Air is rated IP-55 but it is not a waterproof transducer.
- Aftershokz Aeropex weighs 6 grams lighter and 30% smaller than Aftershokz Air. Its lightweight and small size let you use this device with more comfort and relaxation.
- Aeropex is louder and the sound quality has been greatly increased to impress you with a premium feel. But the Air can make comparatively less sound.
- Aftershokz Aeropex battery life has been extended. You can enjoy 8 hours of continuous playback time with it. Contrary, Aftershokz Air will give you 6 hours of time to continuously enjoy music.
Hopefully, it is now clear to you why you should pick Aftershokz Aeropex instead of the other one. It’s an updated model, and it has brought more facilities. To know the price of both transducers simply press the button below.
- Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air both have the same charge time of 2 hours. And these can last for up to 10 days with just 2 hours of charge.
- The wireless range of these transducers is 33 feet, so you can go to any corner of your house.
- Both come with a two-year warranty, while the warranty will cover if the devices have any manufacturer defects or if you cannot hear properly with them.
Hopefully, you are clear about their similar features and have no confusion. If you love the similar features and think that Aftershokz Air could be your best pick, then you can go with this. But still, I recommend the Aeropex for you because of its fantastic features.
|Specifications||Aftershokz Aeropex||Aftershokz Air|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Dimensions||5.31 x 3.69 x 6.65 inches||4.92 x 3.94 x 1.89 inches|
|Weight||26 g||30 g|
|Charger||Magnetic induction cable||Micro USB|
|Charge Time||2 hours||2 hours|
|Battery Life||8 hours||6 hours|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer||Lithium-ion|
|Water Resistance||IP67 (Waterproof)||IP55 (Water-resistant)|
|Wireless Range||33 feet||33 feet|
|Standby Time||Up to 10 Days||Up to 10 Days|
Differences and Similarities Between Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air
Aftershokz Aeropex has come up with better and stronger sound quality than the Aftershokz Air. You can enjoy your full playback time with a louder sound without any vibration. It has also reduced sound leakage, which has multiplied its acceptability. This means that they have succeeded in reducing the sound leakage by 50% compared to their previous model as their promise. So now you are secure to use it in front of anyone, it will not harm your privacy.
Weight and Size
Aftershokz Air weighs 30 grams, while Aftershokz Aeropex is 26 grams. That means Aftershokz Aeropex is 15% lighter in weight than the other one. And it’s also 30% smaller compared to the Aftershokz Air bone conduction headphone. These updated features make the Aeropex transducer more comfortable and user-friendly.
Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air are both very similar designs. But Aftershokz Aeropex has come in a more elegant design. We know that bone conduction headphones do not cover the ears, so at the same time, we can listen to music or talk on the headphones and the sound of the outside. Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air are no exception. Their classy and smooth design allows us to use these headphones without feeling any pressure on the ears.
Aftershokz Air is rated IP55, which makes it water-resistant. Since it is not waterproof so it should not be taken underwater. As opposed to, the Aeropex has an IP67 rating. It’s fully protected from sweat, water, and dust ingress. But you are not allowed to swim with this transducer.
Aftershokz Aeropex provides an extended battery life than the Aftershokz Air. Now you can enjoy audio for 8 hours continuously with this headphone where Aftershokz Air will give you only 6 hours of continuous use.
They both take 2 hours of charge time. Aftershokz Aeropex provides a little different charging system with its user-friendly magnetic port.
Aftershokz Aeropex has come up with two versions based on the shape of the human head. You can choose any one of these versions which will suit your head. In contrast, there is no second version of Aftershokz Air. And of course, they both ensure your comfort with their products.
These headphones are very flexible to wear. You can do any work, exercise, cycling, adventure, and everything comfortably with these transducers. Although both are very flexible, the Aftershokz Aeropex is lighter and smaller than the Aftershokz Air, which makes it more comfortable.
Inside the box
They both come with a silicone carrying case and Earplugs. Moreover, the Aftershokz Aeropex box also has Aeropex headphones and user-friendly magnetic charging cables. The other one has Air Headphones and USB Charging Cables.
They both provide a 2-year warranty. If there are any difficulties with the headphone and you need to replace them, you must submit a warranty claim form. After this, they will directly contact you to return the product.
Aftershokz Aeropex has improved its features and enhanced its quality. So you should choose Aftershokz Aeropex without thinking of anything else. But it will not be bad to go for Aftershokz Air if the budget is limited.
Frequently Asked Questions About Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air
|Can I change the beep volume?
No. Although it sounds very painful to hear, unfortunately, you can’t change the beep volume.
Will it distract me while working?
No, it fits well with the head, so you can do everything by wearing it. It is also so comfortable, and it will increase your work speed.
Are they comfortable with glasses and a helmet?
Yes, it fits well with the head, and it’s comfortable with glasses and a helmet.
Is Aftershokz Aeropex worth the extra money?
Yes, it is. It’s lighter in weight and size than its previous model. It has better sound quality, and It also reduced 50% sound leakage. It appears more elegant and comfortable.
Are they water-resistant?
The Aftershokz Air is IP-55 certified water resistance bone conduction headphone. And the Aftershokz Aeropex is rated IP67 (Waterproof).
Find more articles here.