If you are looking for the best bone conduction headphone between Aftershokz Aeropex and Air, you can check the Aeropex because it has amazing updated features. Read the section below for more details on my recommendation.
Why is the Aftershokz Aeropex best pick?
- Aftershokz Aeropex has reduced sound leakage by 50% compared to Aftershokz Air, as promised. This means that you can feel free to talk or listen to music through Aftershokz Aeropex in front of the person next to you. Your privacy will not be affected by this headphone in any way, and it will not bother the people around you.
- This is rated IP67 waterproof. This feature makes it completely safe from sweat and water, but this headphone does not allow swimming. On the other hand, Aftershokz is rated IP-55, which makes them water-resistant. It is better not to take it underwater as it is not a waterproof transducer.
- Aftershokz Aeropex weighs 6 grams lighter than Aftershokz Air, which added more value to it. It is also 30% smaller than Aftershokz Air.
- Although it is small in size, its sound is louder than the other one. And its sound quality has been greatly increased to impress the customer.
- Aftershokz Aeropex battery life has been extended. You can enjoy 8 hours of continuous playback time with it. On the other side, Aftershokz Air will give you 6 hours of time to continuously enjoy music.
It is now clear to you why you should pick Aftershokz Aeropex instead of the other one. It’s an updated model, and it has brought more facilities. Press the button below to know the price of both transducers.
- Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air both have the same charge time of 2 hours.
- The wireless range of these transducers is 33 feet.
- These headphones allow multipoint pairing ability.
- Both of them provide up to 10 days of standby time.
- They both come with a two-year warranty.
|Specifications||Aftershokz Aeropex||Aftershokz Air|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Dimensions||5.31 x 3.69 x 6.65 inches||4.92 x 3.94 x 1.89 inches|
|Weight||26 g||30 g|
|Charger||Magnetic induction cable||Micro USB|
|Charge Time||2 hours||2 hours|
|Battery Life||8 hours||6 hours|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer||Lithium-ion|
|Water Resistance||IP67 (Waterproof)||IP55 (Water-resistant)|
|Wireless Range||33 feet||33 feet|
|Standby Time||Up to 10 Days||Up to 10 Days|
Differences and Similarities Between the Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air
Aftershokz Aeropex has come up with better and stronger sound quality than the Aftershokz Air. You can enjoy your full playback time with a louder sound without any vibration. It has also reduced sound leakage, which has multiplied its acceptability. This means that they have succeeded in reducing the sound leakage by 50% compared to their previous model as their promise. So now you are secured to use it in front of anyone, it will not harm your privacy.
Weight and Size
Aftershokz Air weighs 30 grams, while Aftershokz Aeropex is 26 grams. That means Aftershokz Aeropex is 15% lighter in weight than the other one. And it’s also 30% smaller compared to the Aftershokz Air bone conduction headphone. These updated features make the Aeropex transducer more comfortable and user-friendly.
Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air are both very similar designs. But Aftershokz Aeropex has come in a more elegant design. We know that bone conduction headphones do not cover the ears, so at the same time, we can listen to music or talk on the headphones and the sound of the outside. Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air are no exception. Their classy and smooth design allows us to use these headphones without feeling any pressure on the ears.
Aftershokz Air is rated IP55, which makes it water-resistant. Since it is not waterproof so it should not be taken underwater. As opposed to, the Aeropex has an IP67 rating. It’s fully protected from sweat, water, and dust ingress. But you are not allowed to swim with this transducer.
Aftershokz Aeropex provides an extended battery life than the Aftershokz Air. Now you can enjoy audio for 8 hours continuously with this headphone where Aftershokz Air will give you only 6 hours of continuous use.
They both take 2 hours charge time. Aftershokz Aeropex provides a little different charging system with its user-friendly magnetic port.
Aftershokz Aeropex has come up with two versions based on the shape of the human head. You can choose any one of these versions which will suit your head. In contrast, there is no second version of Aftershokz Air. And of course, they both ensure your comfort with their products.
These headphones are very flexible to wear. You can do any work, exercise, cycling, adventure, and everything comfortably with these transducers. Although both are very flexible, the Aftershokz Aeropex is lighter and smaller than the Aftershokz Air, which makes it more comfortable.
Inside the box
They both come with a silicone carrying case and Earplugs. Moreover, the Aftershokz Aeropex box also has Aeropex headphones and user-friendly magnetic charging cables. The other one has Air Headphones and USB Charging Cables.
They both provide a 2-year warranty. If there are any difficulties with the headphone and you need to replace them, you must submit a warranty claim form. After this, they will directly contact you to return the product.
Aftershokz Aeropex has improved its features and enhanced its quality. So you should choose Aftershokz Aeropex without thinking of anything else. But it will not be bad to go for Aftershokz Air if the budget is limited.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air
|Can I change the beep volume?|
No. Although it sounds very painful to hear, unfortunately, you can’t change the beep volume.
Will it distract me while working?
No, it fits well with the head, so you can do everything by wearing it. It is also so comfortable, and it will increase your work speed.
Are they comfortable with glasses and a helmet?
Yes, it fits well with the head, and it’s comfortable with glasses and a helmet.
Is Aftershokz Aeropex worth the extra money?
Yes, it is. It’s lighter in weight and size than its previous model. It has better sound quality, and It also reduced 50% sound leakage. It appears more elegant and comfortable.
Are they water-resistant?
The Aftershokz Air is IP-55 certified water resistance bone conduction headphone. And the Aftershokz Aeropex is rated IP67 (Waterproof).
Find more articles here.
- Aftershokz air vs titanium
- Sennheiser Game One vs Game Zero
- Bose vs Sennheiser
- Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 vs AirPods Pro