Why should Aftershokz Aeropex be your choice?
- Aftershokz Aeropex weighs 26 grams, while the other one weighs 36 grams. This means that it is 10 grams lighter than the Aftershokz Titanium and smaller in size. That’s why it has become more comfortable and user-friendly.
- This is rated IP67, which makes it a waterproof bone conduction headphone. So, it can be used in the rain, and it’s fully protected from any dust ingress. But it’s not designed for swimming. On the other hand, Aftershokz Titanium is an IP55 certified water resistance transducer. It should not be taken underwater as it is not waterproof.
- Aftershokz Aeropex Sound quality is much better compared to Aftershokz Titanium, and it has no sound leakage. This means that there is no risk of your privacy being harmed through this. So, you can safely use this transducer in front of someone next to you without any hesitation. It won’t be annoying to the people around you.
- Its battery life has been extended to 8 hours. With this transducer, you can continuously enjoy 8 hours of playback time where Aftershokz Titanium will give you this advantage for only 6 hours.
- With Aftershokz Aeropex, they provide very user-friendly magnetic charging cables. This is also a cool thing about this bone conduction headphone. As opposed to Aftershokz, Titanium comes with USB charging cables.
Hopefully, now you understand why I am recommending Aftershokz Aeropex from the beginning instead of Aftershokz Titanium. It has come with more comfortable and updated features. Press the button below to know the price of both bone conduction headphones.
- Both bone conduction headphones take 2 hours of charge time.
- Enabling “multipoint” mode allows using two devices at the same time by these transducers.
- The wireless range is 33 feet for both of these bone conduction headphones.
- Both of these headphones are available in 2 sizes.
- These transducers provide up to 10 days of standby time.
- These bone conduction headphones come with two years of warranty.
|Specifications||Aftershokz Aeropex||Aftershokz Titanium|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimensions||5.31 x 3.69 x 6.65 inches||4.92 x 3.94 x 1.89 inches|
|Weight||26 g||36 g|
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 4.1|
|Charger||Magnetic induction cable||Micro USB|
|Charge Time||2 hours||2 hours|
|Battery Life||8 hours||6 hours|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer||Rechargeable Li-Polymer battery|
|Water Resistance||IP67 (Waterproof)||IP55 (Water-resistant)|
|Wireless Range||33 feet||33 feet|
|Standby Time||Up to 10 Days||Up to 10 Days|
Differences and Similarities Between the Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Air
Weight and Size
Aftershokz Titanium contains titanium and plastic frames which makes it weigh 10 grams heavier than Aftershokz Aeropex. And it is also large. On the other hand, a lighter titanium frame makes Aftershokz Aeropex more comfortable than the previous AfterShokz models.
Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Titanium are both very nicely designed. Still, since the Aftershokz Aeropex is the newest model, there is some innovation in its design, making it more attractive. It is light in size and weight and also very comfortable to wear. Unlike other bone conduction headphones, they do not cover the ear, so you can easily hear outside sounds. You won’t feel any pressure in the ears while wearing these.
Both Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Titanium are available in two sizes. This means that you can choose the one that suits you according to the size of your head.
The sound quality of Aftershokz Aeropex is much louder and better than all previous models of Aftershokz. This has almost completely reduced the sound leakage. Even if you listen to music at a very high volume through it, the people around you will not be able to hear it at all. That means it protects your privacy very well, and you can enjoy full playback time without any vibrations. But due to sound leakage, Aftershokz Titanium will not be able to satisfy you with its sound quality.
These two bone conduction headphones are very flexible, but the flexible titanium frame makes the Aftershokz Aeropex more comfortable. You can do anything from everyday work, office work, cycling, running with these headphones. It does not prevent you from hearing the outside noise, so it is always possible to stay alert to the situation around you.
Aftershokz Aeropex is IP67 certified. It’s fully secured from sweat, rain, and dust ingress. But this transducer does not allow swimming. On the other hand, Aftershokz Titanium has an IP55 rating, which makes it water-resistant since it is not waterproof, so it should not be taken underwater.
Both transducers take 2 hours of charging time. The Aftershokz Aeropex provides magnetic charging cables that make the charging system more user-friendly.
Aftershokz Aeropex comes with extended battery life. It consumes less power and provides 8 hours of continuous playback time. As opposed to, Aftershokz Titanium provides only 6 hours of battery life.
These two headphones are very flexible, and both have two sizes depending on the human head’s length. So they fit easily on the head and do not cause discomfort.
Inside the box
They both come with headphones of themselves and earplugs. Aftershokz Titanium also has a drawstring carrying case, USB charging cables. In contrast, Aftershokz Aeropex comes with two very user-friendly magnetic charging cables and a silicone carrying case.
They both offer a 2-year of warranty. You only claim the warranty if there are any manufacturer defects. After that, they will directly contact you and replace the product.
Aftershokz Aeropex is much more advanced and elegant than Aftershokz Titanium. So between these two, Aftershokz Aeropex will undoubtedly be the best choice for you. However, in case of a limited budget, you can go for Aftershokz Titanium.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Aftershokz Aeropex and Aftershokz Titanium
|How risky are these on the road?|
These are not risky to move anywhere. Because these headphones do not cover the ears, so you can easily hear every outside sound and stay carefully. But we must advise not to use headphones while crossing the road.
Do they bounce when running or working?
No. They are very pliable and fit well with human heads, so there is no chance of bouncing.
Do I have to pay the monthly provider bill?
No. You can enjoy music by connecting it with Bluetooth. So you don’t have to pay any bills.
Can I use them without connecting to Bluetooth?
Unfortunately not. They are Bluetooth headphones, and you have to connect them with Bluetooth to use them.
Will these headphones harm my privacy?
No. These will not leak sound, so the people around you won’t hear. That means these transducers protect your privacy very well.
Read related articles here.