Why Choosing Apex Bionic 2 is a Wise Decision?
- This Jacket is made with the most solid apex climate block fabric. That’s why it is quite stretching too and perfect for activities like climbing, bouldering, and daily uses. While the Risor is not stretchy, it only fits for regular use.
- Apex Bionic 2 comes with a fleece-lined collar at the top. That works very comfortably in a breezy climate. The Risor also comes with a fleece-lined collar. But it is not so wind-protective like the other one.
- The Apex Bionic 2 is entirely a water-resistant jacket. Provides a first-class water resistance ability. On the opposite side, the Risor only comes with a second-level water repellent capability.
- The softshell nature of the Bionic 2 will protect you from very cold weather conditions and keeps your body warm. The Risor is still a good one, but not warmth in nature.
- The Bionic 2 has a spectacular covered secured zip hand pocket, which is very useful for emergency accessories. But the Risor doesn’t add any hand pockets in it. Therefore, you will get lower space in it to compare Bionic 2.
The features mentioned above are convincing enough to say that the Apex Bionic 2 is the best Jacket in between these two. And if you are interested to check their price, click on the buttons below.
These two jackets have several shared characteristics. Let’s take a glance at the shared characteristics of these two Jackets.
- You will get an upper front and lower side pocket.
- Both these products have a lifetime guarantee and free returns clause.
- These Jackets are windproof and water-resistant.
- Hem cinch-cord helps to attach the Jacket properly with the body.
|Specifications||Apex Bionic 2||Apex Risor|
|Editors Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Manufacturing fabric||50D 364 G/M² WindWall®—100% Polyester Bonded Knit With (DWR) Finish||WindWall® 86% Recycled Polyester, 14% Elastane With Non-PFC Finish|
|Average weight||557 G (19.65 Oz)||630 G (22.22 Oz)|
|Windproof||Yes (100%)||Yes (The rated permeability is less than 10 CFM)|
|Water-resistant||Yes (100%)||No ( only water repellent)|
Comparison of features between Apex Risor and Apex Bionic 2
Style and design
Many people will argue with me that the Bionic 2 is the most attractive Jacket in between these two. In fact, it is one of the most stylish men’s jackets available in the market. The complete finishing has given this one a fabulous look. However, Risor is also an attractive one. But in terms of style and design, this Jacket cannot overtake the Bionic 2.
The Apex Bionic 2 is made with a mixed fabric of polyester and durable water repellent finish. Users have said that this mixed main fabric is excellent in nature. Also, this very stretchiness will provide high-quality softness while wearing this Jacket. On the opposite side, the main material of the Risor is a mixer of 86% polyester, which is a non-PFC DWR finish. That’s why this one is not quite as solid as the Bionic 2. Moreover, you will not get the standard finishing touches with it.
The scratchy nature has given the Bionic 2 more usefulness. This Jacket can be used for daily uses as well as for climbing and bouldering activities. But the tightness of the outer part of the Risor is suitable for everyday use only. That item will not give you the luxury of utilizing this for unconventional actions.
Storage and pockets
The Risor comes with a spectacular chest and lower side pockets. These are very useful for putting on essential accessories. While the Bionic 2 comes with more dynamic hand pockets along these pockets. You can take extra products from these hand pockets. That’s why it’s pretty evident that this Jacket always gets a slight advantage in the pocket and storage department.
Both of these products are very durable. According to users’ reviews, it’s quite evident that these products can be used for many years. For many years of use, the Bionic 2 keeps the actual shape and color like the new one. The Risor is also very well known for its extreme level of durability and quantity.
These two jackets are very breathable. You can use these products from early winter to summer. The air passing ability is high. Only in this department, the Risor will take a slight advantage over the Bionic 2. But don’t worry, the breathability of the Bionic 2 is still very standard.
These two products of the North face brand are very popular for the spectacular guarantee clause. The company provides a lifetime replacement warranty clause with these two Jackets. Therefore, you don’t need to be too concise while wearing these Jackets.
Undoubtedly these two jackets are exceptional and attractive. But the Apex Bionic 2 produces more quality and quantity with this one. However, this has a slightly higher price value compared to the Risor. That’s why you can take the Risor in terms of low budget. However, my preference is the Bionic 2.
Frequently asked questions about Risor and Apex Bionic 2
|Question: Do these products are available in different sizes? |
Answer: Yes, both these jackets are available in various sizes. You can take any of these jackets according to your body size and shape.
Question: What is washing care?
Answer: Both these Jackets are quite fit for machine washing. Just use normal water while washing. Keep away from boiled water. That may cause great damage to the polyester-made Jacket.
Question: Which one is the updated one?
Answer: The Apex Bionic 2 is the updated version of the bionic series. But the Risor is the traditional one.
Question: Can I use Apex Bionic 2 for climbing activities?
Answer: Yes, this Jacket is made with solid fabric. Therefore, this one is very stretchy. It can be used for different activities like bouldering and hiking activities.
Question: What is the usability of Hem cinch-cord?
Answer: Both these jackets come with this fabulous feature. The hem cinch cord can be used for tightening up the Jacket with the body. That’s why the wind cannot go inside of these jackets. Moreover, climbing and bouldering activities are possible with the Bionic 2 for this exclusive feature.
Question: Does the Apex Risor jacket have color options?
Answer: Yes, this Jacket appears in various attractive colors. Moreover, you will not wear women-specific colors in the women’s version of this Jacket. So, you can choose your desired Jacket from a large collection of colors.
Check another comparison about jacket