Arctis 9x vs arctis 7 – Check the difference & get the best one.
Arctis 9x and arctis 7 both are excellent choices for gaming enthusiasts. But if you are trying to pick the best one between these two then I highly recommend Arctis 7.
Why I Recommend Arctis 7?
- It is lighter than the 9x version, so you can wear this comfortably for a long session. At the same time, Arctis 9x could be uncomfortable as it is a bit heavier.
- Arctis 7 combines with lossless audio that lets you connect the headset up to 40 feet wirelessly. Besides, its rival has a shortage of connection range.
- It comes with 24 hours of battery life which ensures the longest gaming sessions without needing to stop and charge. On the contrary, the 9x version provides 20 hours battery life only.
- Arctis 7 has s1 speaker drivers which are engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail. But its competitor doesn’t have this option.
- The microphone frequency for the Arctis 7 is up to 20,000 kHz that will deliver you studio-quality voice clarity every time. In contrast, the 9x frequency is 10,000 kHz, plus it cannot offer voice clarity like this.
- Arctis 7 costs less than Arctis 9x. So, you are getting all these advanced features at a lower price.
These are the major reasons that made Arctis 7 a better headset. If you are interested in Arctis 7 then you can consider this one.
- Their headphone sensitivity is 38 dbV that’s why your voice will sound more clear and natural.
- They feature a ChatMix dial that gives an excellent balance of the game and chat audio without pausing your game.
- You will get both Analog and USB connection systems from them. As a result, you can use them efficiently.
- Both devices combine with AirWeave ear cushions and a Ski-Goggle headband that keep you cool and comfortable.
- These Arctis headsets offer the same warranty.
You will get these similar facilities with both gaming headphones. But if you want the best gaming experience with improved features at a lower cost then you should go with Arctis 7.
|Specification||Arctis 9x||Arctis 7|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||8.07 x 8.26 x 3.62 inches||7.76 x 6.89 x 3.58 inches|
|Weight||1.2 pounds||0.78 lbs|
|3D Surround Sound||Yes||Yes|
|Micro-USB Charging Cable||No||Yes|
|Headphone Sensitivity||38 dBV||38 dBV|
|Build Material||Durable Plastic||Lightweight Steel Alloy|
|ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone||Yes||Yes|
|Connection Type||USB, Analog||USB, Analog|
|Ski-Goggle Suspension Band||Yes||Yes|
|On-Ear Audio Controls||Yes||Yes|
|Wired Audio||Mobile, PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One,VR||Mobile, PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One,VR|
|Exclusive Airweave Earpads||Yes||Yes|
Differences and Similarities Between Arctis 9x and Arctis 7
Arctis 7 has better sound than the Arctis 9x. They have native 3D audio, you will totally immerse yourself in gaming. Also, it is a next-generation DTS headphone plus the headphone frequency is up to 20,000 kHz. Moreover, you will get the advantage of the s1 speaker driver that ensures you hear every detail because it produces ultra-low distortion audio.
Arctis 9x, on the other hand, has native 3D spatial audio that is included on Xbox. But its headphone frequency is 10,000 kHz also, it doesn’t feature the s1 speaker, and you cannot hear clearly from this headset.
Arctis 9x combines with Bluetooth, on the other side, the Arctis 7 is a lossless headset. The lossless device lets you connect this up to 40 feet range which is impossible on the 9x. The Bluetooth function of the Arctis 9x simultaneously connects it to the Xbox plus another device with Bluetooth compatibility that ensures you can use it on the go. However, the Arctis 7 delivers you rock-solid audio with ultra-low latency.
These headphones look the same, but the Arctis 7 is lightweight and comfortable to wear in terms of weight. It is 0.78 lbs while the 9x is 1.2 pounds. Also, it has a small footprint compared to its rival. The measurement of the 9x is 8.07 inches long by 8.26 inches wide by 3.62 inches high. And the Arctis 7 is 7.76 x 6.89 x 3.58 inches.
Both feature clear cast microphones that use the same bidirectional design. And for superior noise cancelation, it uses a bidirectional design which is the same as the aircraft deck crews. It ensures your voice sounds are clear and natural, moreover, it is considered the Arctis uses the best microphone ever.
Arctis 9x and 7 use the latest power efficiency technology optimized to provide you 20+ hours of battery life. It is double rather than other wireless Xbox headsets. So, you will get the longest gaming sessions for continuous play. Also, both include 2 AAA batteries that give you enough backup.
Arctis 9x is compatible with Bluetooth mobile devices and Pc, Xbox Wireless, and Xbox One. In contrast, the Arctis 7 is Mac, Pc, PS4, and Xbox compatible. You will need a USB to connect the Arctis 7 to the PlayStation. Furthermore, the device is equipped with Nintendo Switch, while it required a 3.5 mm cable included with the device.
Quality of Material
These are inspired by the performance of fabric AirWeave ear cushions, including a ski-goggle headband. It keeps you cool plus comfortable. Also, they use premium quality steel headband construction, but it is light, and you won’t feel like wearing a headset.
You can control the volume right in your ear since these headsets have ChatMix control. Simply dial the volume to balance your game and chat, it doesn’t require you to pause your game. Additionally, it lets you take calls during gaming. Once you pick the call, the device will automatically mute the microphone.
Artics offer impressive durability rather than other headsets on the market. They offer a two-year warranty to Europe while the warranty is one year for Asia and the USA. If your headset has any defects, contact them to get free service. But you have to purchase your headphones from the authorized store, or else the warranty won’t be valid.
Arctis 7 is better than the Arctis 9x, as you can see from the above-mentioned discussion. It has better sound quality also it is a lossless headphone that allows you to connect up to 40 feet. Moreover, it has better battery life than its competitor, so you can consider this wireless headset to take your gaming to the next level. But if your priority is only a Bluetooth-compatible headset, then Arctis 9x could be your best bet.
Frequently Asked Questions about Arctis 9x and Arctis 7
|Can I connect the Arctis 9x with two devices at the same time?
Yes, you can pair both PC or Phone and Xbox when you’re on the headset. When you take calls, this will automatically mute the mic.
Which is Bluetooth compatible?
Arctis 9x is a Bluetooth-compatible headset, while the Arctis 7 features a lossless connection.
Do they support PS4?
Yes, Both of them support PS4, as well as, this headset supports Xbox One.
Can I plug the 9x into a controller for a chat?
No, you don’t need to connect this because the chat and audio are fully wireless that doesn’t require connecting to the wire.
Does the Arctis 7 support Dolby Audio?
Yes, it features surround sound, which is the proprietary tech by Dolby, the device is compatible with all surround sound mixing formats.
Find related comparisons here.