Why I Recommend Arctis Pro?
- Arctis Pro has Premium Hi-Res speakers that give you stunning clarity and realism. The headset frequency range is up to 40,000 hertz, but the 9x max frequency range is 20,000.
- It is equipped with RGB illumination so you are allowed to set the lighting effects. While the Arctis 9x missing this incredible function.
- You can connect this to the Mac, PS4, or Nintendo Switch since this is a wired headphone. Besides, Arctis 9x is a wireless headphone, and you cannot connect this to these devices.
- Arctis Pro is constructed with aluminum alloy and luxurious polished steel to offer more durability than its competitor.
Arctis Pro features these advanced facilities that you won’t get from the Arctis 9x. If you want to upgrade your gaming headphone, the Pro version would be the best option for you.
- Arctis 9x and Pro have a ClearCast Bidirectional microphone that provides studio-quality voice clarity and excellent background noise cancellation.
- Both provide a USB ChatMix Dial that lets you adjust the volume between your game and chat audio.
- These devices have a ski-goggle suspension band that ensures next-level comfort for long time use.
- They offer a one-year warranty to the USA plus Asia and two years to Europe.
If you are satisfied with these similar functions then you can choose Arctis Pro or Arctis 9x. But if you want the best sound quality with improved facilities then you have to choose Arctis Pro.
|Specification||Arctis 9x||Arctis Pro|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||8.07 x 8.26 x 3.62 inches||3.54 x 6.55 x 7.37 inches|
|Weight||1.2 pounds||0.94 lbs|
|Prism RGB Illumination||No||Yes|
|Speaker Drivers||20000 Hz output||Hi-Res 40,000 Hz output|
|Wired Audio||No||Mac, PC, Mobile, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, VR|
|ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone||Yes||Yes|
|On-Ear Audio Controls||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Audio||PC, Mobile, Xbox One||PC, Mac & PS4|
|Build Material||Durable Plastic||Lightweight Aluminum Alloy and Steel|
|Exclusive Airweave Earpads||Yes||Yes|
|7.1 Surround Sound||Yes||Yes|
|Ski-Goggle Suspension Band||Yes||Yes|
|Game/Chat Balance||PC & Mac||PC & Mac|
Differences and Similarities Between Arctis 9x vs Arctis 7
They deliver incredible and accurate sound with their DTS headphones so that you lose yourself in the game as if the sound comes to life all around you. Both feature three-dimensional sound, but the headphone frequency of the Pro version is better. The speaker driver of the Arctis Pro is Hi-Res 40,000 Hz output, but the 9x has 20,000 Hz. Hence the Arctis Pro will offer you better sound quality, so it would be your best bet.
Both have a built-in ChatMix dial that allows you to dial the perfect mix between chat audio plus game. You do not need to Alt-tabbing, all you need to connect your headset digitally to the PC or Xbox or other compatible devices, and when needed, simply dial the button.
You can add a color effect to the Arctis Pro because it features RGB illumination, on the other hand, its rival doesn’t have this function. You are allowed to choose the custom color from the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors. It will be the reflection of your mood.
Arctis 9x and Pro is compatible with the PC, Mobile, Xbox, and PlayStation 4. Additionally, devices with Bluetooth can be connected with the Arctis 9x, but you cannot connect this to the Mac. At the same time, you will need a 3.5mm cable to attach the Arctis Pro to the Mac or other devices. And you will totally immerse in the game with these headsets.
If you want a gaming headset for professional use, the Pro should be your consideration. It has the best material which offers comfort, sound that Esports athletes demand. Moreover, the SteelSeries Arctis Pro lets you customize the audio performance from EQ plus mic sidetone to the RGB lighting and much more. Whereas the Arctis 9x constructed with durable plastic, you can expect the Pro lasts longer than 90x.
In terms of comfort, the Arctis Pro is comfortable than 9x because it is lightweight. It weighed only 0.94 lbs while the 9x is 1.2 lbs. But they have fabric AirWeave ear cushions plus a ski-goggle headband that keeps your ear cool. You can wear them comfortably for hours and enjoy the game without interruption.
If you are from Europe, you will get a two-year warranty. While the USA and Asia users will have one year only. To get the warranty service, you need to ensure that you purchase your headset from an authorized shop.
We compare both headsets and found the Arctis Pro much better than its rival. You will get better sound quality from this, it is constructed with the best material, and the device is compatible with Mac. If you are determined about a headset, we highly recommend the Arctis Pro. Or, if you are seeking Bluetooth-compatible headphones, the Arctis 9x would be the perfect fit.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Arctis 9x and Arctis Pro.
|Does the Arctis 9x work with Mac?
No, you cannot connect this headset to the Mac because it has Bluetooth. But the Arctis Pro is compatible with the Mac.
Can I pair the 9x with two devices?
You can pair it with Xbox or pc/mobile, plus the headset will mute the mic if you take calls.
What is the dimension of Arctis Pro?
The dimension of the Pro is 3.54 inches long by 6.55 inches width by 7.37 inches high.
Do they work with PS4?
Yes, both of them work with the PlayStation 4, as well as Xbox One.
Are they capable of 3D audio?
Both Arctis Pro and Arctis 9x are 3D audio capable so that you can immerse yourself in the game.
Read gaming headphones comparison here.
- Arctis 9x vs arctis 7
- PC37X vs Game One
- Arctis 3 vs Arctis 7
- Arctis 5 vs 7
- Steelseries Arctis 3 vs Arctis 5
- Steelseries Arctis 7 vs Arctis Pro
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 vs DT 880
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 vs DT 770
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?