Arctis Pro Wireless will be an ideal choice for you if you want the best gaming headphone. It has a Bluetooth connection, RGB illumination, a better speaker driver, and durable material. And you will not get these features from the Astro a50. So you should consider the Arctis Pro wireless.
Why Should You Choose the Arctis Pro Wireless?
- You can more comfortably wear this headphone than Astro a50 because it uses ski goggle fabric which is an elastic fabric that will contour across your entire head. This will distribute the weight plus will eliminate the pressure points on your ear. But the Astro a 50 cannot do it.
- Arctis Pro Wireless combined with Bluetooth connectivity, while the Astro doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity, so you cannot connect this to your mobile device.
- The device has a premium Hi-Res speaker that has a speaker range from 10-40,000 Hz. It gives you stunning clarity and realism. On the other side, its competitor has up to 20,000 Hz frequency range.
- It includes two swappable batteries that you can charge in the base station, and you can use them for more than 20 hours with one charge. In comparison, the Astro a50 can last for 15 hours.
- Arctis is constructed with aluminum alloy and lightweight steel, whereas the other one is built with durable plastic. Arctis offer maximum durability, as well as consistent fit.
- It uses a noise-cancellation microphone, besides, the Astro mic doesn’t have this function.
You can enjoy your gaming to the fullest with the Arctis Pro Wireless because it includes all these amazing features we mentioned. In contrast, the Astro a50 doesn’t have these things, so this should be your best pick.
- Arctis Pro Wireless and Astro a50 come with the base station.
- Both have rechargeable batteries.
- They feature volume control so that you can control the volume right from the ear without pausing your game.
- These headphones offer three-dimensional surround sound.
|Specification||Arctis Pro Wireless||Astro a50|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||3.54 x 6.55 x 7.37 inches||7.28 x 3.48 x 7.17 inches|
|Weight||0.94 lbs||1.49 Pound|
|Prism RGB Illumination||Yes||No|
|Speaker Drivers||Hi-Res 40,000 Hz output||20,000 kHz|
|ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone||Yes||No|
|Build Material||Lightweight Aluminum Alloy and Steel||Durable Plastic|
|Battery Life||20 hours||15 hours|
|Warranty||Two-years to the Europe |
One-year to the USA and Asia
Differences and Similarities Between the Arctis Pro Wireless vs Astro a50
Though both headphones combine with surround sound to make sure you immerse in gaming, the Arctis is slightly better. Because the device has a Hi-Res speaker that produces an expansive up to 40,000 Hz frequency, and Astro produces 20,000 Hz. You will get clear plus stunning sound from the Arctis Pro Wireless rather than its rival. Also, the Arctis has a DTS headphone that is not available on the Astro.
Arctis Pro Wireless connects to any Bluetooth devices, but the Astro cannot. You can take the device on the go and enjoy music, and with the Astro, you will not get this convenience.
However, these two features with 2.4G wireless lossless plus ultra-low latency audio that allow you to connect up to 40 feet free range. Through the 2.4G connection, simply connect your device to the wireless transmitter base station.
You will get a dual wireless system from the Arctis Pro Wireless. It features both lossless and Bluetooth, and the system delivers rock-solid audio for gaming. Also, offer you the maximum flexibility.
Talking about the battery life of these headphones, and in this the Arctis Pro Wireless is a better option. It will deliver you more than 20 hours of battery life, while the Astro can provide up to 15 hours. The Arctis comes with two swappable batteries that are included with the main units. However, since Arctis Pro Wireless has more battery life, this could be your best choice.
Astro a50 and Arctis Pro Wireless are compatible with the PS4, Xbox One, Mac, and PC. At the same time, the Arctis Pro Wireless can be connected to your mobile devices because it has Bluetooth. Both provide a USB cable so that you connect them to your desired device for gaming.
In terms of goodies, both of them provide the headphones with a transmitter base station with the product information guide. Moreover, the Arctis Pro Wireless provides a mobile audio cable, a charging cable, a USB cable, and a Microphone Windscreen. These headsets come with two rechargeable batteries.
Arctis has the best mic in gaming, and it has a ClearCast microphone that will deliver you studio-quality voice clarity. It is not available on its competitor headphone. Moreover, the device also features background noise cancellation, you can fully concentrate on gaming, but the Astro doesn’t include this. So, if you want a noise cancellation feature and a perfect mic, the Arctis would be your best choice.
The base station of these headphones lets you adjust all of your audio settings from the headset itself. You can quickly dial your perfect balance between the chat and game with their ChatMix function. Both of them use ski-goggle fabric, and it will keep your ear dry and cool.
If you are seeking a durable gaming headphone, Arctis Pro Wireless would be the right choice for you. Because this is constructed with aluminum and steel, besides the Astro a50 built with plastic. Hence the Arctis would be more durable than the Astro.
Furthermore, Arctis Pro Wireless provides a one-year warranty for Asia and the USA. Also, they give a two-year warranty to Europe. Astro a50, besides, features a one-year warranty. The warranty works for the defective parts only. Remember, if you damage anything, then you will not get free service. Moreover, the headphones should be purchased from the authorized store, or else, the warranty will not cover anything.
Arctis Pro Wireless undoubtedly the best in the gaming headphone industry. It will deliver you more than 20 hours of battery life which is sufficient, also, the device has better sound technology. Furthermore, Arctis has durable material that ensures its longevity compared to the Astro a50. Since this includes the best functions compared to its competitor, you can pick this with your eyes closed. But the Astro a50 is also an incredible headphone, and if you are okay without these features, you can choose the Astro.
Frequently Asked Questions about Arctis Pro Wireless vs Astro a50
|Does the Astro A50 have RGB Illumination?|
No, you will get the RGB Illumination on the Arctis Pro Wireless, unfortunately the Astro a50 doesn’t have this.
Will they work on Xbox?
Yes, both Arctis and Astro are compatible with the Xbox, also, you can connect them to the PlayStation 4.
How to charge batteries?
Both headphones come with the base station, and you can charge the batteries on the base station.
Does the Astro have a Bluetooth connection?
No, the Astro is not a Bluetooth-compatible headphone, it is built with the 2.4G wireless lossless technology. In contrast, the Arctis Pro Wireless includes both of them.
Does the Astro base station work as a sound card?
Yes, it works with a 5ch sound card, and you need to adjust the settings through the PC.
You may have an interest in related articles. Find them from the below links.
- Sony MDR 7506 vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
- Beyerdynamic DT770 vs DT880
- Arctis 5 vs Arctis Pro
- Arctis 9x vs Arctis Pro
- Arctis 9x vs Arctis 7
- Aftershokz Aeropex vs Titanium
- Aftershokz Aeropex vs Air
- Aftershokz Air vs Titanium