Arlo Pro 2 and Ultra both are fantastic cameras. That’s why choosing the best one from these two is a little challenging. Based on the features, benefits, and user satisfaction, You can pick the Arlo Ultra.
Why should you pick Arlo Ultra?
- The main difference is The Arlo Ultra comes with advanced 4k & HDR image quality. Now the users can zoom the image to see the sharp details. The camera is equipped with color night vision so that you can see the video clearer than the traditional way.
- It has an auto image correction function that reduces the fisheye effect. And the camera has a 180-degree field view. Arlo Ultra has a wider angle lens. But the Arlo Pro 2 comes with a 130-degree field view.
- Light up the night with the integrated spotlight of the Arlo Ultra. Furthermore, the Ultra, built with an advanced object detection system, can detect any vehicle, person, animal, or package.
I hope now you can understand why investing in the Arlo Ultra would be worth it. If you are interested in this camera and wanna get this one for your home or office, click through the button below to check its best price.
|Specifications||Arlo Pro 2||Arlo Ultra|
|Editor’s rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.53 x 5.98 x 2.95 inches||5 x 5 x 5 inches|
|Weight||10.9 ounces||11.2 ounces|
|Camera Resolution||1080 P||4K and HDR|
|Field of View||130 degree||180 degree|
|Cloud Storage||Seven days||30 Days|
|Emergency call to 911||No||Yes|
|Advanced object detection||No||Yes|
|Night vision||Black & White Vision||Color Vision|
|Smart Siren||Built-in base station||Built-in to camera|
|Works with Voice commands||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year limited||1 Year limited|
Differences and Similarities Between the Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Ultra
Resolution of Camera
The Arlo Ultra is equipped with a 4K HDR camera, while the Arlo Pro 2 has a 1080 p. Arlo Ultra allows you to zoom in to see the sharp image while you cannot do it on the Pro 2. Another best thing about the Arlo Ultra is that the camera has color night vision to see everything. On the other hand, Arlo Pro 2 is equipped with black and white vision.
Arlo Ultra comes with an integrated spotlight, which is a fantastic thing that is missing in the Arlo Pro 2 version. The light is beneficial for the night to use it.
Field of View
Arlo Pro 2 comes with a 130-degree field of view. On the other hand, the Ultra is made with a 180-degree. You will get to see a wider angle lens that also comes with the image reducing fish eye effect. However, the cameras have more than 300 ft wireless range sight.
Cloud Storage & Smart Detection
Arlo Pro 2 offers seven days of a free trial when it comes to cloud activity, while the Arlo Ultra will provide you the 30-days. You can monitor the recordings after seven or 30-days as the camera lets you secure the USB drive footage.
Arlo Ultra has an advanced object detection function when a person reaches your home, or there’s a car parking, or it will alert you about your favorite pet. And when any package is delivered to your home, the camera will detect it. And when it comes to the Arlo Pro 2, it just contains the package detection function. Therefore, the Arlo Ultra works excellent and could be the best option for you.
Arlo Pro 2 and Alro Ultra allow you two-way audio with the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands. Plus, you can directly talk to the camera with your smartphone. Arlo Ultra also has an emergency service; you can call 999. This function is only available in the USA.
Wirefree or Plugged and Weather-resistant
If you want, you can use the camera by plugging in or avoiding the hassle of wire. As Arlo Pro 2 and Ultra can be used with the rechargeable cameras, but remember, the batteries need to be replaced after six months. However, you can put the Arlo security cameras anywhere you want. They are brave to stand in the cold, rain, or in the hot.
You can find the Arlo Pro 2, and Arlo Ultra has a smart 100 dB siren function. The siren function allows you to stop any crime in your area. You can remotely control the siren from your smartphone. Also, the cameras can capture motion or they can detect the sound as well.
The cameras come with a one-year limited warranty and can last for many years to come. If you are facing any manufacturer issues with the device, then you can contact their helpline. Or, if the camera requires any repair, then you can do it within the warranty period.
There are many positive functions available on the Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Ultra device. And I suggest you choose the Arlo Ultra for you since it is smarter than the Pro 2. You can rely on this camera to make your home or office secure. So if you don’t have any budget issues, plus looking for an advanced security camera, select the Arlo Ultra with your eyes closed.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Arlo ultra vs pro 2
|Can I use the Arlo Pro 2 camera with the Ultra?
Yes, the Arlo Ultra is compatible with the Arlo Pro and Pro 2 base and camera.
Can I put the camera outside for the continuous record?
Yes, you can since the camera is durable and brave to stand in any season, whether rain, cold or summer hot.
When does the battery need the charge?
The app will show you when the battery needs to charge.
Is it possible to operate the Arlo Ultra without the base station?
No, the base station is a must for the camera, so you cannot use it without it.
Do they come with a warranty?
Yes, the security cameras come with a one-year limited warranty.
Check more Arlo camera comparisons below.
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best