Why Arlo pro 3?
- Arlo Pro 3 has a 2K HDR camera resolution while Arlo Pro 2 is equipped with 1080p. A 2K HDR camera can zoom a photo to see the sharp details both in the day and night.
- Pro 3 contains color night vision that helps to see someone’s face or any object in full color. On the contrary, Pro 2 doesn’t provide the real color of any object rather it provides a black & white image.
- This camera comes with a 160-degree viewing angle lens with auto image correction. Thus, a larger viewing angle allows you to keep an eye on more things and auto image correction reduces the unusual look of a thing. But Pro 2 has a smaller viewing angle lens that is unable to give large coverage.
- Pro 3 features smarter alerts and quicker action that helps to take immediate steps like calling a friend, sound the siren or dial emergency services if you notice unknown people or vehicles. On the other hand, Pro 2 doesn’t include this incredible feature.
- It contains two-way audio, so you can hear and speak clearly to the people at your door. In contrast, Pro 2 doesn’t come with this option.
- It also comes with 30 days of cloud storage, while Pro 2 provides seven days of free cloud storage.
For all these key points and the performance we recommended you choose Arlo Pro 3 then Arlo pro 2.
Similar features between Arlo Pro 2 vs Pro 3
Arlo Pro 2 and 3 include some similar features that make the security camera better than other traditional devices.
- Both have two-way audio so that you can respond quickly to visitors straight from your smartphone.
- They combine with Cloud Storage so that you can secure videos but you have to pay extra after the free storage trial.
- These cameras can cover up to 300 ft around your house, also include a smart siren that can be controlled remotely. So if someone comes around this range, the devices will alert you.
- These security cameras have rechargeable batteries that can work for six months straight. Also, the devices are brave to stand in any weather because they IP65-certified.
We’ve picked and shared the most important features of these security cameras. Hopefully, you understand their functionality plus it would be easier for you to pick the right one.
|Specifications||Arlo Pro 2||Arlo Pro 3|
|Editor’s rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.53 x 5.98 x 2.95 inches||14.57 x 9.45 x 9.57 inches|
|Weight||1.07 pounds||3.7 pounds|
|Camera Resolution||1080 p||2K and HDR|
|Field of View||130 degree||160 degree|
|Cloud Storage||7 days||30 Days|
|Night vision||Black & White||Color|
|Local storage||USB storage||USB storage|
|Works with Alexa||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Siren||Built-in base station||Built-in to camera|
|Wireless range||Up to 300 ft||Up to 300 ft|
Differences and Similarities Between the Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Pro 3
Arlo Pro 3 provides a 2K HDR camera, while the Arlo Pro 2 has 1080 p. Arlo Pro 3 has 4 megapixels image sensors, the max video resolution is 2560×1440, and the sensor size is 1/3 inch. And the Arlo Pro 2 video resolution is up to 1280×720, so selecting the Arlo Pro 3 would be an ideal choice.
Pro 3 allows you to zoom any objects for a clearer view. But you cannot zoom the Arlo Pro 2; also, it has a black & white vision. On the other hand, the Pro 3 is built with a color night vision to get a better view. Moreover, it has an integrated spotlight that lights up the night.
Field of View
Arlo Pro 2 gives you a 130-degree field of view while the Arlo Pro 3 160-degree. So the Pro 3 allows you to keep an eye on the broader area. These two offer 300+ feet wireless line of sight. Also, the Arlo Pro 2 camera is plugged in and used indoors. You can find 3 seconds of capture activity. So capture 3 seconds back before triggering an event.
Cloud Activity Zones & Package Detection
If you want the camera to focus on important areas, such as the driveway or the front door, choose the Arlo Pro 3. It lets the camera focus on specific areas. The camera can also specifically detect the package delivered to your home and inform you directly. You won’t find these useful functions on the Arlo Pro 2.
You will get seven days of free cloud storage on the Arlo Pro 2; on the other hand, the Arlo Pro 3 has 30 days. You can view the cloud storage videos and audio recordings for up to 30 days anytime and anywhere. And they have USB storage functions, so keep your data on this. But you’ve to purchase the USB drive storage separately.
Arlo Pro 2 and 3 are compatible with the voice commands and let you listen and talk to the camera. The cameras are built-in speakers and mic, and they allow you to speak straight to the device from the smartphone. They are compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Fire TV, and Echo Show. Command the device to watch the live video.
Plugged in or Wirefree and Weather-resistant
You can use either the rechargeable battery or the plugging system to use the Arlo security camera. The Arlo can be used through the Arlo Solar Panel; if you want to use it, then you need to purchase it separately. And if you are using the battery, then remember the battery needs to replace after six months. The cameras are brave to stand with the heat, rain, or cold, so you can put them anywhere you want.
Arlo Pro 2 and 3 are built with the smart 100 dB siren, which helps stop crime. The camera will detect the sound or motion, and it lets you control the crime in your area. The smart siren function makes the Arlo cameras different from other security cameras.
In terms of the warranty, Arlo cameras have a one-year limited warranty. They will last for years to come for you, and if you find any issues during the warranty period, you can repair them free of cost. But if any parts are broken, the warranty will not work. So maintain the camera properly.
Arlo security cameras will make your house or office secure; there’s no doubt. Compared to the Arlo Pro 2, Pro 3 is better since it features some advanced functions. If you need the best one, we highly suggest the Arlo Pro 3 for you, while the rest is your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Pro 3
|Does Arlo Pro 3 come with free cloud storage?|
Yes, it comes with a 30 days free cloud storage feature; on the other hand, Arlo Pro 2 has only seven free storage days.
Will Arlo Pro 2 operate without Wi-Fi?
No, you cannot. The base station of the device required wifi to use the camera.
How long will the battery last?
The Arlo batteries can last for up to six months, and then you may need new batteries.
Do I need to add the USB storage separately?
The devices come with free cloud storage, and you can separately add the USB storage.
Can I use the Arlo Pro 2 camera in the Pro 3 base station?
Yes, the Arlo Pro 2 setup is compatible with the Pro 3 version.
Check more Arlo camera comparisons from below.