Why I Recommend to Pick Arctis 7?
- Both are wireless headsets, but Arctis 7 can deliver up to 24 hours backup with one charge. While the Astro A50 can give you 15 hours battery life.
- The headphone is built with steel alloy material that ensures long durability. While Astro material is plastic that doesn’t last long.
- It gives you DTS surround sound, moreover, you will get a noise cancellation microphone with this. The Arctis ensure the users fully immerse in gaming. Besides, the Astro A50 doesn’t offer surround sound plus the microphone is not advanced as well.
- You can comfortably wear the headphone because it is only 0.78 lbs while the Astro A50 is 1.49 lbs. Thus it is lighter, and you can wear the headphones comfortably.
- It supports mobile devices and VR too, but its competitors do not support these devices.
These are the unique features of Arctis 7 that make the headphone better than its rival. If you think this is a better and perfect choice option for you, select the device with your eyes closed.
- Both have ski goggle suspension bands that contour across your entire head and eliminates pressure points.
- The devices have 20,000 Hz speaker drivers which deliver super-smooth sound o enjoy the most.
- Astro A50 and Arctis 7 gaming grade is 2.4 GHz that ensures 40 feet of free range.
- These will provide you a noise-cancellation microphone that will allow you to enjoy the real sound without surrounding noise.
- They feature ChatMix Dial. So, you can chat audio without pausing the game.
You are gonna get these similar features with both gaming headphones. If you want a comparatively better gaming experience with improved functions then you have to choose Arctis 7.
|Specification||Astro A50||Arctis 7|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||7.28 x 3.48 x 7.17 inches||7.76 x 6.89 x 3.58 inches|
|Weight||1.49 Pound||0.78 lbs|
|7.1 Surround Sound||No||Yes|
|ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone||No||Yes|
|Battery life||Max 15 hours||Max 24 hours|
|Build Material||Plastic||Lightweight Steel Alloy|
|Compatibility||PC, Mac & PS4||PC, PS4, Mac, VR, Mobile, Xbox One|
|Ski-Goggle Suspension Band||Yes||Yes|
|Game and Chat Balance||Yes||Yes|
|On-Ear Audio Controls||Yes||Yes|
|Speaker Drivers||20000 Hz||20000 Hz|
|Exclusive Airweave Earpads||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||One-year||One-year for the USA and Asia|
Two-year for Europe
Differences and SImilarities Between the Arctis Pro and Astro A50
You can experience Dolby Audio from the Astro A50, and this will deliver you cinematic yet high-resolution gaming audio so that you can experience the best. The Astro also combines with V2 that delivers clear sounds in-game and music and dialogue.
On the other hand, Arctis 7 features three-dimensional audio so that you feel the audio comes all around your life. You will lose in the game with every ricochet. Since the Arctis 7 can give you better sound quality so you can consider these headphones.
Arctis 7 has the best microphone in the gaming industry. You will get studio-quality voice clarity, as well as noise cancellation from the Arctis 7 mic. Besides, the Astro A50 mic doesn’t have noise-cancellation, you may need to purchase a Mod Kit separately that will work as the noise isolation.
Astro A50 can be connected to the PS4, PC, and Mac. But you can pair up the Arctis 7 to the Xbox One, Mobile, and VR as well. Furthermore, these devices use the 2.4G wireless connection that gives lossless audio up to 12 meters. As the Arctis 7 is compatible with more devices than its rival, this would be your best choice.
Game and Chat Balance
You will get total control over the volume mixture between chat audio and game. The convenient part is, the headsets include ChatMix Dial in the headphone itself. You do not need to pause your game to control the volume, on the other hand, other traditional headphones on the market do not provide this unique feature.
However, you can find two separate audio devices for chat while another is for games. The default audio is for the game device. When you assign as the default audio, you can easily access the Chat in Discord. And then it lets you balance between the audio streams on the fly, plus you do not need to leave your game.
The Arctis 7 is very convenient when it comes to battery life. It can give you 24 hours of backup with one charge, whereas the Astro A50 can offer 15 hours of backup. If you want to immerse in-game without any interruption, then choose the Arctis 7.
Both headphones will come with handy accessories so that you can start using them once you get them. The Astro A50 and Arctis 7 come with a wireless transmitter, a 3.5mm cable with a USB adapter, and Micro-USB charging cable. And they will give you the main headphone units with a quick start guide.
Astro A50 delivers a one-year limited warranty to its users, while the Arctis 7 delivers a one-year warranty to the USA users plus a two-year warranty to Europe. If you get any defective parts, you can replace them or get free repair service from the manufacturer. And if you do not purchase them from an authorized store or damage any parts, then the warranty will not be valid.
As you can see, these two headphones have an impressive warranty, but we recommend the Arctis 7 to choose from. That’s because it is built with lightweight steel material, while the Astro A50 uses plastic material. Therefore, Arctis 7 is ideal, and you can select this headset to enjoy your game.
SteelSeries is a very famous gaming headset brand, and Arctis 7 is from this brand. It has better sound, better microphone, and this is more durable than Astro A50. But if you think the Astro A50 features are better, you can choose this one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions of Astro A50 and Arctis 7
|What is the Astro A50 warranty?|
The Astro A50 features a one-year limited warranty, and if you get any defective parts, you can claim the warranty.
Do they work on PS4?
Yes, both devices are compatible with the PS4 so that you enjoy the game.
Will I get a mod kit with the Astro A50?
Yes, the headphone comes with a mod kit ready.
Which has better Battery life?
Arctis 7 delivers up to 24 hours of battery life, while the Astro provides 15 hours of battery life.
Can I talk with the Astro A50?
Yes, the device comes with a 3.5mm cable, connect your smartphone via this to talk with the Astro headphone.
You can read related articles here.