What Makes Epson 2150 the Best Choice?
- Epson 2150 delivers you better image quality than the BenQ HT2050A because its brightness is 2,500 lumens, and it has up to 60,000:1 contrast ratio. Besides, BenQ is built with 2,200 lumens, and it has a 15,000:1 contrast ratio.
- It features screen mirroring, but the BenQ doesn’t include this impressive thing. You can use the projector for presentation purposes for other work.
- The device features 3 LCD technology, in contrast, BenQ HT2050A has DLP. So, Epson 2150 produces the perfect color every time.
- Epson 2150 has a built-in wife, while the BenQ HT2050A doesn’t have this.
- You will get smooth, sharp picture quality from the Epson 2150 as the machine features “no rainbow effect.” On the other side, BenQ HT2050A has a rainbow effect.
These are the best features of Epson 2150 that made this device better than BenQ HT2050A. So, you can select this one, also check prices from the buttons below.
- BenQ and Epson are equipped with 1080p full HD resolution.
- They support almost every streaming device.
- The device provides the 3D feature.
- Both support games and are built with speakers.
- The devices have 2x HDMI ports for versatile connectivity.
|Specifications||Epson 2150||BenQ HT2050A|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches||15 x 11 x 5 inches|
|Weight||7.7 pounds||8 pounds|
|Contrast Ratio||Up to 60,000:1||Up to 15,000:1|
|Brightness||2,500 Lumens||2,200 Lumens|
|Projection System||Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology||DLP technology|
|No Rainbow Effect feature||Yes||No|
|Streaming Devices||Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV||Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV|
|Resolution||Full HD 1080p||Full HD 1080p|
|Speaker Included||Built-in speaker for lifelike sound||Built-in speaker for lifelike sound|
|Versatile connectivity||2x HDMI ports||2x HDMI ports|
|Projection Method||Ceiling mount / Front / Rear||Ceiling mount / Front / Rear|
|Lamp Type||200 W UHE|
Differences and Similarities Between BenQ HT2050A and Epson 2150
Dimension and Weight
The BenQ HT2050A is slightly bigger plus heavier than Epson 2150. You can select Epson since it is easier to carry compared to BenQ. However, the measurement and weight of BenQ are 15 x 11 x 5 inches with 8 pounds. In contrast, Epson 2150 is 12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches with a weight of 7 pounds.
Easy to Use
Operating Epson and BenQ are relatively the same. Both units include the same control panel like power buttons, volume, menu buttons, etc. Also, they provide a vertical keystone that lets you correct the buttons and adjust the image size.
You will find light on both machines that indicate temperature level, wifi status on the Epson 2150, lamp condition, power, and so on.
Also, they come with a remote control that includes batteries that let you navigate the menu directly from the device. You can easily control the devices through the remote.
Epson 2150 has better image quality compared to the BenQ HT2050A, even though both devices share 1080p resolution. Epson 2150 has a high contrast ratio up to 60,000:1 when BenQ has a 15,000:1 ratio. Also, Epson has 2,600 lumens brightness that ensures you watch everything in clear detail.
On the other hand, BenQ has 2,200 lumens brightness, which is not ideal for daylight streaming devices. If you want the best sharp, true-color smooth images, then Epson 2150 should be your choice.
BenQ HT2050A and Epson 2150 supports 3D. With the combination of the 1080p resolution, plus incredible contrast ratio, you can enjoy amazing 3D images from these projectors. To get the best entertainment experience at home, get 3D glasses separately.
Epson 2150 is equipped with 3LCD technology that uses three unique colors on the screen, while BenQ HT2050A has DLP technology. Epson 2150 makes sure you get a crisp, sharp, smooth image in the projector. Moreover, the 3LCD makes sure the rainbow effect does not occur, but BenQ may have a rainbow effect.
Though both devices have built-in speakers, the Epson 2150 can provide you better sound quality. Epson won’t make any noise, plus give proper sound so that you can hear properly. On the other side, BenQ HT2050A is slightly noisy, which is not pleasant while watching anything.
BenQ HT2050A doesn’t have built-in Wifi, whereas you will get this feature on Epson 2150. Also, it supports the Miracast function that lets you connect the device to your computer if it also supports Miracast, which is very helpful when it comes to presentation or other work purposes.
If you are a gaming enthusiast, BenQ and Epson are two great projectors. They let you enjoy playing games on the large screen with full detail. But remember, playing games for a longer time will make the device hot, so you should keep your machine in a properly ventilated area. However, they support all the latest games, and you can connect Epson 2150 to the Xbox to other gaming networks.
They are compatible with all types of streaming devices so that you enjoy movies on the big screen from the world’s best networks. Both support Apple TV 4K, Roku, Amazon TV, and so on. These streaming devices are compatible with the best network like YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc. that let you enjoy entertainment without any buffer or ads on the large screen. Furthermore, you can connect them to your computer, tablet, or smartphone to play music or watch photos.
In terms of warranty, Epson 2150 is equipped with a two-year warranty on the projector and 90-days on lamps. On the other hand, BenQ HT2050A delivers a three-year warranty, while the BenQ lamp has a one-year warranty. Epson and BenQ limited warranty is only available for USA users. However, if the projectors become defective when in use, you are allowed to replace or repair them. Though BenQ HT2050 offers a better warranty, I recommend Epson 2150 because it has better features.
Both are great projectors, whichever you choose, they will last for years to come so that you get the best watching enjoyment. But if you want screen mirroring higher picture quality, built-in Wifi then Epson 2150 is overall the best option. However, I hope the comparison helps you select the suitable one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Epson 2150 vs Benq HT2050a
|Does Epson provide a warranty?
Epson comes with a two-year warranty on the machine and a 90-day guarantee on the lamp.
Will Epson 2150 let me wirelessly do presentations?
Yes, the device lets you do presentations since it works with Miracast, whereas BenQ doesn’t support this feature.
Do they support gaming?
Both Epson 2150 and BenQ HT2050A are perfect for gaming, and you can enjoy games on the big screen with fantastic detail.
Can I use them in the daylight?
Epson 2150 will provide you better picture quality rather than BenQ in the daylight because it has 2,500 lumens, and BenQ has 2,200 lumens.
What is the BenQ actual size?
This projector’s actual measurement is 11 inches wide by 15 inches long by 5 inches in height.
Read projector-related more comparisons here.
- The expertise field of Rony Jahid is printer and grill machine. He helps people find the best items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Grill machine2022.05.16Weber Performer Premium vs Deluxe – See which one is the best.
- Projector2021.11.03Epson 2150 vs 3100 – Check Our Recommendation!
- Projector2021.10.30Epson 4000 vs 4010 – Learn Why You Should Invest in Epson 4010!
- Doorbell2021.10.27Ring 2 vs Ring Pro – Check which Doorbell you can pick?