Why Should You Pick Beyerdynamic 990 Pro?
- Beyerdynamic 990 Pro is specially designed for studio & professional purposes. In contrast, the Premium version is only good for personal use.
- There will be a crystal sound on the Pro version as the headband is made for a bit tighter fit so that it won’t move easily while listening to something in the studio.
- The 990 Pro has a coiled cable to give you a long-lasting headphone experience, whereas its competitor has a usual straight cable.
- This headphone comes with an open-back design & will provide impressive spaciousness. But this feature won’t be available on the 990 Premium.
- The Bass segment of this Beyerdynamic 990 Pro is balanced and spatial. On the contrary, the Premium model has only the balanced bass feature.
- The Beyerdynamic 990 Pro comes with a benchmark set of audio and will provide sound with a detailed resolution. On the other side, the other one will provide you ordinary music experience.
These advanced characteristics made Beyerdynamic a premium and quality studio headphone. This is a perfect device for professionals without any doubt.
Similarities between Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & Premium
- Both the devices come with strong built quality. So, you can use them for a long time.
- Comes with foam earpads and a headband that ensure ultimate comfort during the long listening session.
- There are color variations available for the devices. So, you can pick one according to your choice.
- These devices are perfect for studio or professional applications.
You will get these similar functions with both headphones. But if you want comparatively better sound quality then you should select Beyerdynamic 990 Pro.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro||Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||8.7 x 4.7 x 9.1 inches||7 x 4 x 8.5|
|Product Weight||8.8 ounces||10.2 ounces|
|Warranty||2-Years Guarantee||2-Years Guarantee|
Differences and Similarities between Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & Premium
The Pro and the Premium comes with almost the same pattern. There is only one difference in the earpad’s outlook. The Pro version has a black touch on the outside, while the Premium has a silver finish. There are two color versions available for these headphones so that you can choose accordingly. The devices are well structured for any shaped head or ears. The Pro version has a comparatively tighter fit as this is designed for the studio application.
These headphones created a benchmark in terms of sounds. The Beyerdynamic 990 Pro headphones come with a three-dimensional sound reproduction and will deliver you the best sound experience. This Pro version is designed for giving you the best tonal depth of sound. Any small change in the positioning of an acoustic sound or source can be noticed while using these headphones. The other one, the 990 Premium version, doesn’t provide that much advantage as this one is suitable for home purposes.
You will be fully satisfied in this segment because of the user-friendly design. There are enough cushioned on the earpads. The headbands are also designed to fit well on your head and won’t give you any pressure in a long music session. The cable management is perfectly designed, and there is only one cable on a single earpad. So you can move easily while listening to music with the devices.
The Pro version will give you a strong & controlled bass with a spacious sound. The bass is very precise and the sound won’t get any sharp that may ruin the bass. This headphone is designed for studio purposes and won’t make you disappoint while using this in your workspace. The Premium version also has a strong bass but the overall performance will obviously be better on the Beyerdynamic 990 Pro.
Though both the headphones are of the 990 series, there are still some variants available of these series. The Beyerdynamic 990 Pro has two variants of 80 & 250 Ohms and the Premium version has three variants of 80, 250, & 600 Ohms. The Pro version is suitable for studio use and the 250 Ohms version is perfect for mixing desks and audio interfaces.
Durability & Warranty
The build quality of these headphones can be guessed by looking at the outlook. They are manufactured in Germany and the components are handcrafted. You can replace the components if you want to. Beyerdynamic offers 3 years of warranty with these headphones.
The 990 Pro is a trademark of professionals & audio mixers all over the world. If you want to get the best transparent sound and durable headphones, you should pick the Beyerdynamic 990 Pro version without a second thought. You may pick the 990 Pro version if you are looking for a device for home entertainment purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & Premium
|Is the cable long enough to move?|
Sure, the cable is 3m long, which is 10 feet by the way.
What about the bass of the 990 Premium?
Great. The 990 Pro version has a better bass quality comparatively.
Can I use the devices on my iPhone 8?
Sure, the 80 Ohms version can be a better choice.
Is it possible to replace the earpad’s foam?
Sure, all the components are exchangeable.
Are the earpads deep enough for the ears?
Yes, there is enough gap on the earpads. They won’t hurt your ears.
Which country is the manufacturer?
The Beyerdynamic headphones are made in Germany.
Read related articles here.