If you are looking for the best professional headphone between the Beyerdynamic DT770 & Audio-Technica ATH M50X, go for the ATH M50X as it offers better features and comes with the better build quality.
What Made M50X the Better One?
- The earcups of this headphone are 90 degrees foldable, so you can twist and fold it to carry to wherever you want, thus increasing the device’s durability. You can’t fold the DT770.
- The cable of the M50X is detachable and allows you to exchange or replace it if it gets damaged whereas the other headphone doesn’t come with this feature.
- The Audio-Technica ATH 50X comes with a better earpad design and will fit well in your ears without any pressure, while the DT770 has tighter earpads.
- The M50X is comparatively more bassy and won’t change the sound for bass adjustment, but its competitor, the DT770, may change the sound quality for heavy bass.
- You will get more fellow feeling in the M50X for its better-foamed earpads and large headbands than the other headphones we are comparing.
If you want to get comfort and better sound, the M50X is the option for you. This headphone is a complete package of performance and satisfaction.
Similarities between Beyerdynamic DT770 & M50x
- There are multiple color variants available.
- They have foamed earpads and headbands.
- Comes with exchangeable earpads and headbands.
- Includes solid build quality and standard cable.
|Specifications||Beyerdynamic DT770||Audio-Technica ATH M50X|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 4 x 8.5 inches||11.4 x 10 x 4.1 inches|
|Product Weight||10.2 ounces||10.1 ounces|
|Battery||N/A||1 Lithium Polymer Battery|
|Warranty||2 Years of Guarantee||2 Years Limited Warranty|
Detail about the features of Beyerdynamic DT770 & M50X
The outlook of the devices is not similar as they are not from the same manufacturer. Both the headphones have large earpads and foamed headbands for your comfort. These headphones come with a premium finish, and the build quality is very good that will provide you a long service. The ATH 50X has a larger headband so that this will fit well in your hand, while the DT770 has a smaller shaped headband. This will stay in place even if you shake your head much.
ATH 50X and DT770 both will provide you the best quality sound. You will get the exceptional clear sound with an extended frequency on the ATH 50X. This will deliver you a deep and accurate bass response for any volume, whether it’s high or low. This headphone is tested by top audio engineered and received praise all over the industry. For any application, personal life, or DJ, this headphone is a perfect choice for you. The performance of Beyerdynamic 770 is also up to the mark. This device is suitable for both home or professional purposes.
You don’t need to worry about comfort while these devices are on your head. They are made with extreme care to provide you the best satisfaction of using headphones. Perfectly shaped earpads and fully foamed headbands will give you a smooth session of music. The earpads are not made of the same materials on the devices. DT770 has a velour foamed earpad, while the other one has leatherette earpads for your comfort.
This is one of the most important segments of headphones as most of the devices start to get damaged in this segment. The M50X has a removable wire option that will keep you relaxed while carrying this outside or to your workspace. Unfortunately, the cable of the Beyerdynamic DT770 can’t be detached as this is a fixed cabled headphone.
The M50X is a winner in terms of variants. This headphone comes with 5 color variants. You can pick your desired model from the collection. There is also a wireless model of this headphone available with all the features included. Beyerdynamic has only two color variations but no version with the wireless feature. Beyerdynamic has 4 different Ohm variants for specific environments and applications.
Durability & Warranty
These headphones are made with premium components and will last for a long time without any doubt. Beyerdynamic has a single-side cable, and the ATH M50X has a detachable option to enhance your devices’ durability. The manufacturers provide two years of warranty for the devices.
Both of the devices are very standard and deliver high-quality sound. The Audio-Technica ATH M50X is more upgraded and provides more features than the Beyerdynamic DT770. If you want to use your device for a longer period and don’t want to miss any features, ATH M50X should be your only choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beyerdynamic DT770 & M50x
Can I fold the headphones?
You can fold only the M50X.
How is the M50X for heavy metal songs?
The M50X is perfect for this genre.
Which country is the manufacturer of the ATH M50X?
The Audio-Technica ATH is made in Japan & America.
How is the bass quality of these headphones?
They are pretty good. The bass is standard on a high volume too.
Can I know details about the materials used in the devices?
You may visit the Audio-Technica & Beyerdynamic website for this info.
Find related articles from the links below.
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro vs Premium
- Arctis 5 vs 7
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 vs DT 880
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 vs DT 770
- Steelseries Arctis 3 vs Arctis 5
- Steelseries Arctis 7 vs Arctis Pro