But XT2 has got a few improved features that made it the best option for you.
What Makes Blink XT2 Best?
- Blink XT has a 720p HD camera; on the other hand, XT2 is built with a 1080p HD camera. So, you will get a clear plus better view from the Blink XT2 device.
- Blink XT2 provides you two-sided audio recording feature, but this is not available on the previous version. Since you can record audio on two-sided, it is perfect for you as it offers better protection.
- The previous version offers 2 years of warranty on the battery, but XT2 offers motion detection, 2 years battery with HD resolution, and a day/night vision feature.
- It lets you customize the motion alerts since XT2 features the activity motion zone, missing in Blink XT.
- Blink XT2 has a siren function; it helps you from occurring any unwanted accidents. And the Blink XT isn’t equipped with a siren function.
So, Blink XT2’s attractive features make it better than the previous model. It is a 2nd gen security camera, while Blink XT is a 1st generation device. That’s why obviously, the XT2 can provide you better security, and you can trust this device. If you wanna check the price of these two devices just click the buttons below.
- Both are weather-resistant devices that can be mounted inside or outside of the house.
- They are compatible with the App that offers you control them wirelessly.
- Blink XT and XT2 have a 110-degree field view.
- The cameras are equipped with motion detection that alerts you when you detect anything.
- You will get a one-year free cloud storage service.
- Both Blink XT and XT2 have a built-in Alexa voice command function.
- They offer a one-year limited warranty.
|Specifications||Blink XT||Blink XT2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||2.8 x 2.8 x 1.4 inches||2.8 x 2.8 x 1.4 inches|
|Weight||4 Oz||4 Oz|
|Camera Resolution||720p HD||1080p HD|
|Voice Command||Alexa only||Alexa and Google|
|Generation||1st generation||2nd generation|
|Audio Recording||One-way audio recording||Two-way audio recording|
|Compatible with smart-home services||Yes||Yes|
|Placement||Indoor and outdoor||Indoor and outdoor|
|Two Way Audio||Yes||Yes|
|Infrared Night Vision||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
Similarities and Dissimilarities Between the Blink XT vs XT2
Blink XT and XT2 are straightforward to set up plus use compared to other security cameras on the market. The installation process is straightforward for these two devices; first, you need to install the Blink app on your smartphone to create an account. Next, plug in the device to a nearby outlet and sync the module.
It will take only 45 seconds to boot up, and when the device in use, you will see a blue or green LED Light. Then insert batteries into the camera and mount the device wherever you wish to set up the device. Once you are done, ensure you adjust the field of view, motion detection, including other handy things you need to operate them properly.
Camera Resolution While Recording
Blink XT and XT2 ensure your high-definition video quality to record plus for the live streaming. But these two are slightly different in terms of camera resolution; the original Blink comes with 720p HD; on the other hand, the XT2 has a 1080p HD camera. Furthermore, the Blink XT2 includes an infrared HD night vision, which is not available on the original version. During the day and night, XT2 is capable of providing you clear vision as it has infrared night vision. Since you will get the higher definition from the XT2, going with this one would be wise.
These two security cameras are compatible with the Blink Home Monitor app that allow you simply control the cameras. If you are outside of your house, still you check what is going in your home. The App can be installed on iOS or smartphones. However, the App offers you to schedule on/off.
Blink XT2 is compatible with the Alexa plus Google Assistant voice command, while the XT is only connected with the Alexa. If you want to use Alexa, then ensure you purchase an Alexa Voice device as well. When you connect the devices to the voice command function, all you need to do is provide your instructions. Moreover, you can talk to the person in front of the door through Alexa or Google Assistant.
Both devices have a motion detection feature, including a 110-degree field of view. Motion detection is crucial since it allows you to detect any specific areas of the house or any object. But the best part is, Blink XT2 has an activity motion detection function, and it’s not available on the previous version. When the cameras detect anything, your smartphone will show the notification. If you want to get the upgraded feature, then XT2 would be an ideal security camera for you.
You will get a two-way audio feature from the Blink XT2. In contrast, the Blink XT has one-way audio. However, to use the two-way, tap on the Live View Button on the camera in the camera’s bottom left corner. There is a button named “Talk,” hold on to it to talk. Also, you can use two-way audio from your smartphone or tablet.
Blink XT and XT2 come with one-year free cloud storage that allows you to save recordings. And you can watch the previous recordings from anywhere you are. You need to pay the subscription fee if you want to use the cloud service.
Generally, Blink security cameras come with a one-year limited warranty, and these two are no different. You can repair the device for free if there any defects. These two will last for many years to come as the devices built with the best quality batteries.
Blink XT and XT2 are very similar, but a few incredible differences made the Blink XT2 the best one. So, I strongly recommend you the XT2 for your home, and it ensures you better video quality, including other features. If you have budget issues, then go with the Blink XT.
Frequently Asked Questions about Blink XT vs XT2
|Will the App let me enable motion detection?
Yes, Blink XT and XT2 apps allow you to enable motion detection between the day’s certain hours; also, the App will provide you some information about how you can do it.
Are they Alexa compatible?
No, only Blink XT2 is compatible with the Alexa plus Google Voice command so that you can easily control the device.
Can you tell me the motion activation range of the Blink XT?
Yes, this device’s motion sensor offers the user a 130-degree angle view that can detect up to 20 feet of movement.
What is the battery warranty of the XT2?
The XT2 battery comes with a two-year warranty that can last more than two years, which depends on the night vision use plus views, and so on.
Do I need to renew my cloud storage?
Yes, the cloud subscription is free for a year, but you have to pay for the subscription after that.
Check another comparison article here
Fahad Hasan is the author of Guidestofit.com & he has been working in the fitness industry for the last 6 years. He is dedicated to helping people to fix & choose fitness equipment. His greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people to get the best equipment for their needs under their budget.
Click the below links to find him on social media
- Nordictrack Bike2022.10.26NordicTrack S15i vs S22i – Check Why NordicTrack S22i is Best!
- Home Gym Machine2022.09.08Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2 – Check what makes Xtreme 2 Better!
- Air purifuer2022.08.31Dyson AM11 vs TP02 – What’s the main difference between them?
- Jacket2022.08.31Apex Bionic vs Apex Risor – Which one is Comfortable & Fittest?