What made the DeWalt DWS780 the Best?
- DWS780 comes with an XPS cross-cut positioning system, which ensures accuracy every time while cutting wood. But GCM12sD doesn’t come with this guiding system. So, when you cut with DWS780, you will get an accurate size of wood.
- DWS780’s weight is 56 pounds (25.4012 kg), and GCM12SD is 65 pounds (29.4835 kg). So, while moving the GCM12SD, you have to lift 10 pounds extra. But you can easily move and transport DWS780.
- Malfunction in the SAW or having trouble using DWS780? No need to worry at all. Because DeWalt DWS780 comes with a limited warranty for 3 years, a service warranty for 1 year, and if not satisfied with the saw, 90 days money-back guarantees. But, Bosch provides a money-back guarantee (30 Days) and a service warranty for 1 year. So, you can work with DWS780 without any hesitation of having any damage.
- DeWalt DWS780 has an Innovative gearbox and belt drive design. It increases virtual cut capacity. GCM12SD doesn’t have this design and gearbox.
These four features make DeWalt DWS780 the best. So, if you want to have a professional tool with more portability, accuracy, and lower price, then DeWalt DWS780 will be the best choice for you. Besides, you can also choose Bosch GCM12SD, but I highly recommend you to choose DeWalt DWS780.
Common features of DeWalt DWS780 and Bosch GCM12SD:
- Both have 15 amps, 3800rpm motor which provides extended
- Both power sources are corded electric.
- Both saw blade length is 12-inches.
- Both saws blades have 60-Tooth, and the blade is made of Carbide.
- Both have a dust collection system.
|Purchaser’s reviews||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Guideline||Axial glide system||XPS crosscut positioning system|
|Miter detent plates||6 positive stops||10 positive stops|
|Item Weight||65 pounds||56 pounds|
|No Load Speed||3800RPM||3800RPM|
|Warranty Description||30-Day money-back guarantee- 1-year warranty||3 Year Limited Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between the DWS780 AND GCM12CD in Details
Power and Durability:
The motor’s power is needed to be mentioned here that DWS780 and GCM12SD both sliding compound miter Saw is formed with a 15amp powerful motor that creates 3800 rpm so that both can deliver extended power. Besides, these two machines can be used for different woodwork.
For proficient work, the sharp blade of a sliding compound miter saw is so fundamental. These two miter saws accompany a 12-inch tempered steel blade. The blade is made of carbide, which makes the blade more durable and hardened.
The XPS crosscut situating system makes the cutting work simpler by making exact shadow lines on the wood surface. DeWalt DWS780 has an XPS cross-cut positioning system, which helps you cut wood with more accuracy than any other miter saws. Besides, GCM12CD doesn’t come with this guiding system.
Weight is so important while picking capable work devices, as it, from time to time, is expected to move and transport. DWS780’s weight is 56 pounds (25.4012 kg). But GCM12SD weighs 65 pounds (29.4835 kg). So, DWS780 is more usable, movable, and portable than GCM12SD.
The dust collection system has been upgraded in the most modern miter saws. DeWalt DWS780 has an efficient automatic dust collection system that collects more than 75% of the dust. Another side, GCM12SD, has a 90% dust collection system, optimized for cutting 2x materials with a vacuum.
DeWalt DWS780 has an exclusive back fence design, which can cut up to 2×14 dimensional timbers at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 degrees, and GCM12SD has expanded cutting capacity 14-inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 into 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 into 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 springs.
Miter detent plates:
The Miter detent plate, which is adjustable in nature, is important to improve productivity and accuracy. DWS780 has a miter detent plate with 10 positive stops; another side GCM12SD has a miter detent plate with 6 positive stops. So, DWS780 is better than GCM12SD.
DeWalt DWS780 has provided a guarantee for 3 years. Within 3 years, if any damage or any machine malfunctions happen, DeWalt Company will fix that tool. Yet, during this period, you shouldn’t try to repair any part of the saw. If you try to repair it, DeWalt will not provide that service. Besides, if you are not satisfied with the tool’s performance, you can return it and get your cashback, but you have to return it within 90 days with the receipt. Thus, you can work without any stress. But Bosch only provides a cash back guarantee within 30 days and a service warranty for 1 year.
If you want to buy a 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter saw which is less price, durable, portable, and has the most accurate crosscut positioning XPS system and unbelievable guarantee then you should choose DWS780. Otherwise, you can choose the GCM12SD. But I highly recommend DWS780.
Frequently Asked Questions about the DeWalt DWS780 and GCM12SD
|Which one is more portable?|
DWS780 is more portable as its weight is 10 pounds less than GCM12SD.
What is the diameter of the blade in GCM12SD?
GCM12SD’s blade diameter is 12-inch.
Does DWS780 have a dust collection system?
Yes, DWS780 has a dust collection system. So, it can collect up to 75% of the dust.
What is the warranty system of DeWalt DWS780?
DeWalt DWS780 has provided a guarantee for 3 years. Within 3 years, if any damage or any machine malfunctions happen, DeWalt Company will fix that tool. Yet, during this period, you shouldn’t try to repair any part of the saw. If you try to repair it, DeWalt will not provide that service. Besides, if you are not satisfied with the tool’s performance, you can return it and get your cashback, but you have to return it within 90 days with the receipt.
Check some more miter saw comparison from below.