If you are here for the best one between the Bose 700 and Sony 1000XM3, Buywithme.org put forward the Bose 700.
See the reason for putting this forward.
- Both feature active noise cancellation, but Bose 700 includes 11 levels of noise-canceling. Hence, you can enjoy music, videos, calls, or podcasts without any distractions. In comparison, the WH1000XM3 cannot provide you better canceling features.
- You can connect two devices with this so that you can hear music from your PC plus pick calls on your phone. Unfortunately, XM3 cannot connect two devices at the same time.
- Bose 700 is a water-resistant and sweatproof headphone, so if you sweat a lot, don’t worry. Your device will be safe. But the Sony 1000XM3 is not waterproof.
- It has a very quick responsive touch panel, besides, the touch control of its competitor cannot give you an accurate result.
- This headphone has two built-in microphones that give you clear sound quality for calls. At the same time, the Sony microphone is weird.
- Bose 700 lets you disable the Noise canceling mode on the wireless mode, which is not possible on Sony. The Sony XM3 is required to be in wired mode to disable the feature.
- Both device’s headbands are adjustable but adjusting the XM3 headband is not easy because it feels loose.
These were the reasons we put forward the Bose 700 compared to the Sony 1000XM3. If you seem these features are helpful for you, this should be your best pick.
- Bose 700 and Sony XM3 built with a touch panel.
- They give you hands-free calling.
- These devices feature voice assistants.
- You can fold both of them.
- These two come with a one-year limited warranty.
- They can be controlled via the app.
|Specifications||Bose 700||Sony 1000XM3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||2 x 6.5 x 8 inches||7.26 x 3.03 x 9.93 inches|
|Weight||0.55 lb||0.52 lb|
|Active Noise Cancelling||Yes, adjustable||Yes|
|Multiple Device Connection||Yes||No|
|Noise Cancellation Levels||11 levels||No|
|Battery Life||Up to 20 hours||Up to 30 hours|
Differences and Similarities Between Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 vs Sony 1000xm3
The sound in the Bose 700 is clear, smooth, crisp, and more balanced. You will get studio-quality sound from the Bose 700 in both wired and wireless mode. Sony 1000XM3, on the other hand, cannot make you satisfied like the other one but it’s good. It gives you better sound for music, but in terms of calls, Sony is not ideal. Therefore, the Bose 700 should be your best pick if you want the best sound quality.
Bose 700 can give you up to 20 hours of battery life, while the 1000XM3 says it gives 30 hours. But in reality, with Bluetooth on and high volume, the Sony battery can give you 14 or 15 hours of backup.
While with Bluetooth on, the Bose 700 can last for 20 hours, as they mentioned. Connecting Bluetooth or high volume doesn’t drain the battery. So, you can select the Bose 700 with your eyes closed.
Active Noise Cancellation
The noise-canceling in the Boss is excellent compared to its competitor. While wearing the Bose with Noise-canceling on, you will feel like having no headphones on at all. The App customization for the sound is also pretty good on this.
Sony WH1000XM3, on the other hand, is more effective at ambient sound than Noise canceling. The Bose 700 comes with 11 levels of active Noise-canceling so that you can enjoy the music, calls, or whatever you are listening to.
Touch Control Panel
Both headphone devices come with a touch control panel so that you can easily control your headphone settings. The Bose 700 touch is more responsive than Sony 1000XM3. Also, this will give you more accurate results than Sony. Moreover, these devices are compatible with apps, and it provides the user with easy control and uses a voice assistant on their headphones.
You can connect your Bose 700 headphone to your PC and phone at the same time, which is not possible on the Sony XM3. Connecting two devices at the same time lets you enjoy audio or video plus, if you get a call, you can take it too. Whereas Sony is only capable of connecting one device at a time.
In terms of comfort, the Bose 700 is better compared to the Sony 1000XM3. The ear cups fit nicely inside, and the padded headband is very easy to adjust. You can wear the Bose headphone for hours comfortably, whereas the Sony may cause headaches. That’s because the headband is not easy to adjust in this. Also, this will get warm on your ears which is very uncomfortable.
Bose 700 is a waterproof headphone; it is also sweatproof, which is great for people who sweat a lot. Water or sweats will not damage your device. Unfortunately, the XM3 is not water or sweatproof, thus it’s not a good choice for people sweating.
Sony 1000XM3 covers a warranty for the US only, besides, the Bose 700 comes with a worldwide warranty. However, cover any defects on the headphones for one year. If the user damages the product, the manufacturer will not cover them.
Bose 700 and Sony 1000XM3 are two amazing headphones you can own. But the Bose 700 provides better sound, and it includes the best mic, also, this will give you the best touch control panel. If you want a quality product, the Bose 700 should be your choice.
But if you have a budget issue, the Sony 1000XM3 should be your best pick. This device has improved design, quality material as well.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Sony WH1000XM3 vs Bose 700
|Do these have a built-in microphone?
Yes, both of them come with built-in microphones so that you can make calls constantly.
Which is comfortable between them?
Bose 700 is very comfortable rather than Sony 1000XM3, and you can easily adjust the headphone plus wear it for hours without headache. But the Sony headphone seems loose to adjust, and it may cause a headache.
How to charge my headphone?
Both of them come with a cable inside the box, connect one side to the headphone and another side with your computer. You can also use your phone charger instead.
Does Bose provide a return?
Yes, if you don’t like the headphone then you can return it within 30 days. Sony also provides the same returning policy.
Can I disable noise cancellation in wireless mode?
The Bose 700 lets you do this in wireless mode, but on the Sony XM3, you cannot do it.
Read more headphone-related articles here.