Bose Soundlink Mini 1 and 2 are two high-quality wireless Bluetooth speakers, but the Bose Soundlink Mini 2 can provide the best performance between them. That’s why Buywithme.org suggests Soundlink Mini 2.
Why we Suggest Bose Soundlink Mini 2?
- This wireless speaker improves its battery life compared to the Bose Soundlink Mini 1. It offers 10 hours of playback time with a single charge, whereas the Soundlink Mini 1 provides a maximum of 7 hours.
- The Soundlink Mini 2 combines with a battery level indicator that is not available on the Mini 1. This will show the low battery level on the device.
- The Mini 2 is built with a microphone so that you can use your voice to control the device. But the Mini 1 doesn’t have a voice command feature.
- It can create richer sound since the device has stereo speakers. At the same time, the Mini 1 has no such feature.
- Soundlink Mini 2 has a passive radiator that produces deep bass tones. But you find this function on the Mini 1, so choosing the Mini 2 would be an ideal speaker.
- This will remember the last eight devices you connect, therefore reconnecting is a breeze in the Mini 2. In contrast, the Mini 1 can remember six devices.
The key differences between these two speakers made the Bose Soundlink Mini 2 the best choice here. So you can pick this device if you want to get the best sound from your speaker. If you want to check its price, then press the button below.
Similar Features between Bose Soundlink Mini 1 vs 2
- They have a rechargeable battery so that you can use the speaker over again.
- The Mini 1 and Mini 2 come with an AUX port which allows you to play the music by an audio connection.
- Both support remote smartphone technology to control the device.
- They feature a one-year limited warranty.
- The Soundlink Mini 1 and 2 delivers up to 30 ft of Bluetooth range, hence you get the freedom of enjoying the sound without wires.
Bose Soundlink Mini 1 vs 2: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Bose Soundlink Mini 1||Bose Soundlink Mini 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||Up to 7 hours||Up to 10 Hours|
|Battery Level Indicator||No||Yes|
|Voice Commands Features||No||Yes|
|Dimension||2.3 x 7.1 x 2 inches||7.1 x 2.3 x 2 inches|
|Weight||1.47 lbs||1.47 lbs|
|Charging Time||3 hours||4 hours|
|Warranty||One Year||One Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Bose Soundlink Mini 1 vs Soundlink Mini 2
Battery life is a major thing to consider when it comes to purchasing a wireless speaker. When it comes to battery life, the Soundlink Mini 2 is superior as it can provide 10 hours of playback time per charge.
On the other hand, the Soundlink Mini 1 has 7 hours of battery life. And when the speakers are in charge, you can play music. However, they offer a charging cradle in the box for easy charging. In addition, they can be charged via your wall charger.
The Mini 1 takes 3 hours to charge, whereas the Mini 2 needs 4 hours fully. However, the Mini 2 also has a battery indicator that shows the battery level, but the Mini 1 doesn’t have this function. Hence the Soundlink Mini 2 would be your best bet.
Bose Soundlink Mini 2 produces richer and better sound than the Mini 1. It has a stereo speaker that produces the sound richer, and the Mini 2 is built with a passive radiator. The passive radiator creates deep bass tones.
Unfortunately, these are not available in the original version. But the Mini 1 can deliver loud sound, but the Mini 2 has the best bass quality that’s why our recommendation is the Mini 2 for you.
These speakers are very compact, and you can take them on the go everywhere. These will deliver you natural and full sound even though these devices are ultra-compact. In addition, you can wirelessly connect your device to the smartphone, PC, or tablet so that you can enjoy listening to music or videos.
Bose provides up to 30 feet of wireless range that allows you to enjoy music without wire. Both can be easily paired up with any Bluetooth-compatible device. The Mini 1 will remember the six recent devices you used that make the connection easier.
Talking about the Soundlink Mini 2, it has a built-in microphone. So, with the voice prompts, you can pair the speaker to the compatible devices. And the Mini 2 will remember the last eight devices you used.
They have slightly different control buttons. The Mini 1 is built with volume, power, mute, and auxiliary buttons.
Soundlink Mini 2 comes with a power button, volume adjusts button, Bluetooth button, and includes a multi-function button. So, the Mini 2 control panel has some extra functions than the original one.
You will get some handy goodies with the Bose Soundlink Mini 1 and 2 versions. Both of them come with a wall charger, cable, and charging cradle, including the main soundbox.
Both Bluetooth speakers are built with high-end materials so that you can use them without any issues. Also, they offer a one-year limited warranty. It works against manufacturer defects on the speaker.
As you find, the Bose Soundlink Mini 2 combines with the high-end features of the Mini 1. So it would be an excellent choice for you since it gives a longer battery life and produces rich sound.
But if you want to go with the original one, we can’t say you can go wrong as in the end, and it’s your choice which one you want to pick.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bose Soundlink Mini 1 and Mini 2
Can I connect the Mini 2 two devices at the same time?
No, this speaker can be paired up with one device at a time, which means it can’t play audio through two devices.
Can I replace the battery?
Yes, these speakers have a Lithium-ion battery that can be replaceable.
Can I connect the Mini 2 with the iPod Classic?
You cannot connect it via Bluetooth, but a 3.5mm AUX input can be used to connect.
Do they provide a 220v charger?
Yes, the charger that comes with them is automatic that can be used on your wall adapter charger.
What is the Bluetooth range of the Mini 1?
It provides up to 30 feet of Bluetooth range.
You can also read some other comparisons: