Bowflex 552 and 1090 are the perfect choice if you are looking for adjustable dumbbells. But if you want the best quality, then you should learn their major differences.
What Are the Differences Between Bowflex 552 vs 1090?
|Bowflex 552||Bowflex 1090|
|Bowflex 552 is not compatible with the app.||Bowflex 1090 is integrated with the JRNY app.|
|Its weight range is 5 – 52.5 lbs.||The weight range of this dumbbell is 10 – 90 lbs.|
|The 552 provides 15 no of settings.||You will get 17 settings from this.|
|This is perfect for strengthening your muscle and shoulder.||Bowflex 1090 ensures you get total body workouts.|
|This offers a two years warranty.||This provides a three years warranty.|
|Check 552 Price at Amazon||Check 1090 Price at Amazon|
Bowflex 1090 dumbbell combined with quality features to ensure you give the best effort. Also, I suggest you pick this dumbbell set; if you are still confused about whether to choose this, then read the details in the next section.
Why Should You Pick Bowflex 1090?
- Bowflex 1090 is integrated with the JRNY app that lets you connect with the world’s best trainer who would inspire you to step up to your fitness goal. Besides, Bowflex 552 is not app compatible.
- The resistance level is the main difference, it lets you change the resistance level from 10 lbs up to 90 lbs, and the Bowflex 552 resistance level is 5 – 52.5 lbs. The more comprehensive weight range allows you to do heavy exercises that are not possible in its competitor.
- Compared to the Bowflex 552, it provides quieter workouts. The dumbbells are durable and have metal plates that offer smooth lift-off. There are no clanging metal plates in 1090, but its rival has.
- The dumbbells offer you 17 different weight levels; on the other hand, the Bowflex 552 has only 15 weight levels. You can consider the 1090 model due to its better weight level.
- Bowflex 1090 offers a three-year warranty on all the parts, and the 552 model provides two years. So it would help if you went with a better warranty period.
Bowflex 1090 features these awesome handy functions that make it the best dumbbell and help you achieve your desired goal.
Similarities Between the Bowflex 552 and 1090
- You will get a full-body exercise option since both dumbbells feature a versatile workout.
- Bowflex 552 and 1090 come with the weight selection dial; you can choose your need’s weight level.
- Both are compatible with the SelectTech Stand with Media Rack feature.
- In terms of the exercise numbers, these two come with more than 30 exercises.
Other Specifications Chart of Bowflex 552 and 1090
|Specification||Bowflex 552||Bowflex 1090|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of||4.7 out of 5|
|Weight Selection Dials||Yes||Yes|
|No. of Exercises||30+||30+|
|Compatible Stand||Yes, including the Media Rack||Yes, including the Media Rack|
|Dimension||15.75 x 7.87 x 9.06 inches||17.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Switching the Exercise||Yes||Yes|
Features and Benefits of Bowflex 552 and 1090
For people who want a full-body workout and are very serious about the workout, the Bowflex 1090 is the best choice. Because it has a wider weight range, you can perform heavy exercises. For instance, the Bowflex 1090 allows you to perform lunges, shrugs, plus any type of light workout. You can also perform raises and curls exercises in it. In contrast, you cannot perform the full-body workout on the Bowflex 552.
You will get more versatile workout options in the Bowflex 1090 rather than the 552. It features 17 weights, while the rival contains only 15 weight settings. So you will get variations in the upgraded dumbbells, which is perfect for beginners and intense workout lovers.
Both Bowflex allows you to change the resistance level with just the turn of a dial. But the Bowflex 1090 is better at resistance level because it provides 10 to up to 90 lbs. On the other hand, the Bowflex 552 resistance level is 5 lbs up to 52.5 lbs.
The more the weight level capacity, the quicker you can reach your fitness target. If you are new to the workout journey or an intense level person, the Bowflex 1090 is the ideal choice for you. Furthermore, the dumbbells let you adjust your workout, and you can increase your strength gradually. Adjust the strength by 5 lbs in both of the dumbbells and see the improvements quickly.
Both are space-saving in terms of measurement or size, so don’t worry about the storage. However, the Bowflex 552 is 15.75 inches long, 7.87 inches wide, and 9.06 inches high. And the Bowflex 1090 comes with dimensions of 10 inches wide, 17.5 inches long, and 10 inches tall. Both are great for your home, and there is not much difference.
The app is very convenient as it lets you keep track of your daily workout improvements. Also, it allows you to customize your workout sessions. Fortunately, Bowflex 1090 is compatible with the Bowflex SelectTech App and JRNY ap, plus it will enable you to follow the trainer lead workouts. Downloading the app is free, so download the app to check your daily improvements.
You can consider the Bowflex 1090 since the dumbbells have a three-year warranty. On the other side, the Bowflex 552 is equipped with two years. The warranty period ensures the quality and durability of a product. That’s the reason Bowflex 1090 could be a better choice for you.
When selecting one between these two dumbbells, I highly suggest you go with the Bowflex 1090. It is perfect for newbies and severe workout users. However, it is more durable than the 552 and very convenient to use. So investing in Bowflex 1090 is worth your money.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Bowflex 552 and 1090
|What is the warranty of these Bowflex dumbbells?
The Bowflex 552 comes with a two-year warranty; on the other hand, the Bowflex 1090 has three years.
What is the material of the bar?
The handlebars are made from metal and have a soft black center grip so that you can hold them comfortably.
Should I buy the stand?
Yes, the stand is worth buying because it lets you select the dumbbell’s weight plus lifting.
Tell me the Bowflex 1090 dumbbell length.
The Bowflex 1090 dumbbell dial to-dial length is about 17-17.5 inches.
How did the bench press work?
Usually, it depends on how much weight you want to light, and if you decide to lift a heavier weight, you will not feel comfortable leaving them on your legs.
Check some more Dumbbells comparisons from the below links.