Bowflex 552 and 1090 are the perfect choice If are looking for adjustable dumbbells. But if you want the best quality, then Bowflex 1090 is My recommendation. The reason for my opinion is given below.
What difference Made the Bowflex 1090 the Best?
- The resistance level is the main difference, it lets you change the resistance level from 10 lbs up to 90 lbs, and the Bowflex 552 resistance level is 5 – 52.5 lbs. The more comprehensive weight range allows you to do heavy exercises that are not possible in its competitor.
- Compared to the Bowflex 552, it provides quieter workouts. The dumbbells are durable, plus it has metal plates that offer smooth lift-off. There are no clanging metal plates in 1090, but its rival has.
- The dumbbells offer you 17 different weight levels; on the other hand, the Bowflex 552 has only 15 weight levels. You can consider the 1090 model due to its better weight level.
- Bowflex 1090 offers a three-year warranty on all the parts, and the 552 model provides two-years. So it would help if you went with a better warranty period.
Bowflex 1090 features these awesome handy functions that made it the best dumbbells and it will help you to achieve your desire goal.
Similarities Between the Bowflex 552 and 1090
- You will get a full-body exercise option since both dumbbells feature a versatile workout.
- Bowflex 552 and 1090 come with the weight selection dial; you can choose your need’s weight level.
- Both are compatible with the SelectTech Stand with Media Rack feature.
- In terms of the exercise numbers, these two come with more than 30 exercises.
|Specification||Bowflex 552||Bowflex 1090|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of||4.7 out of 5|
|No. of Settings||15||17|
|Weight Range||5 – 52.5 lbs||10 – 90 lbs|
|Weight Selection Dials||Yes||Yes|
|No. of Exercises||30+||30+|
|Bowflex SelectTech App||No||Yes|
|Compatible Stand||Yes, including the Media Rack||Yes, including the Media Rack|
|Total Body Results||No||Yes|
|Dimension||15.75 x 7.87 x 9.06 inches||17.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Switching the Exercise||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||Two years||Three years|
Differences and Similarities Between the Bowflex 552 and 1090
For people who want a full-body workout and very serious about the workout, the Bowflex 1090 is the best choice. Because it has a wider weight range so that you can perform heavy exercises. For instance, the Bowflex 1090 allows you to perform lunges, shrugs, plus any types of light workout. You can also perform raises and curls exercises in it. In contrast, you cannot perform the full-body workout on the Bowflex 552.
You will get more versatile workout options in the Bowflex 1090 rather than the 552. It features 17 weights, while the rival contains only 15 weight settings. So you will get variations in the upgraded dumbbells, which is perfect for beginners and intense workout lovers.
Both Bowflex allows you to change the resistance level with just the turn of a dial. But the Bowflex 1090 is better at resistance level because it provides 10 to up to 90 lbs. On the other hand, the Bowflex 552 resistance level is 5 lbs up to 52.5 lbs.
The more the weight level capacity, the quicker you can reach your fitness target. If you are new to the workout journey or an intense level person, the Bowflex 1090 is the ideal choice for you. Furthermore, the dumbbells let you adjust your workout, and you can increase your strength gradually. Adjust the strength in 5 lbs in both of the dumbbells and see the improvements quickly.
Both are space-saving in terms of measurement or size, so don’t worry about the storage. However, the Bowflex 552 is 15.75 inches long, 7.87 inches wide, and 9.06 inches high. And the Bowflex 1090 comes with a 10 inches wide, 17.5 inches long, and 10 inches tall dimension. Both are great for your home, and there is not much difference.
The app is very convenient as it lets you keep track of your daily workout improvements. Also, it allows you to customize your workout sessions. Fortunately, Bowflex 1090 is compatible with the Bowflex SelectTech App, plus it will enable you to follow the trainer lead workouts. Downloading the app is free, so download the app to check your daily improvements.
You can consider the Bowflex 1090 since the dumbbells have a three-year warranty. On the other side, the Bowflex 552 is equipped with two years. The warranty period ensures the quality and durability of a product. That’s the reason Bowflex 1090 could be a better choice for you.
When selecting one between these two dumbbells, I highly suggest you go with the Bowflex 1090. It is perfect for newbies and the severe workout users. However, it is durable than the 552 and very convenient to use. So investing in Bowflex 1090 is worth your money.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Bowflex 552 and 1090
|What is the warranty of these Bowflex dumbbells?|
The Bowflex 552 comes with a two-year warranty; on the other hand, the Bowflex 1090 has three-years.
What is the material of the bar?
The handlebars are made from metal, and they have a black soft center grip so that you can hold it comfortably.
Should I buy the stand?
Yes, the stand is worth buying because it lets you select the dumbbell’s weight plus lifting.
Tell me the Bowflex 1090 dumbbell length?
The Bowflex 1090 dumbbell dial to dial length is about 17-17.5 inches.
How did the bench press work?
Usually, it depends on how much weight you want to light, and if you decide to lift a heavier weight, you will not feel comfortable leaving them on your legs.
Check some more Dumbbells comparison from the below links.