Bowflex Xtreme and Xtreme 2 are two great Compact gym machines. If you ask me which one would be the best between these two then I’d suggest Bowflex Xtreme 2. Because it is the upgraded version and equipped with improved functions. Let’s know why I suggest choosing this machine.
Why You Should Choose Bowflex Xtreme 2?
- Bowflex Xtreme 2 comes with more than 70 exercises, while its rival has 60+ exercises. The lack of exercise is the main difference between these two machines, so the Xtreme 2 will provide you with versatile exercise options that are not available on Bowflex Xtreme.
- Xtreme 2 is upgraded with a better pulley system than the previous version. It doesn’t require the cable-pulley system. Even, Switching between the different exercises won’t interrupt your workout session.
- Both Bowflex is equipped with the lower pulley system, but Xtreme 2 is designed with a 4-position system. Going with Xtreme won’t be ideal as it has only a 3-position system.
- Bowflex Xtreme and Xtreme 2 come with a power rod that lets you adjust the resistance level to 410 lbs. But changing resistance level from one to another is quicker in Xtreme 2.
All these key features make Bowflex Xtreme 2 better than Bowflex Xtreme. You can go with Bowflex Xtreme 2 since it provides a few convenient features. If you want to check its price, just press the button below.
Similar Features of Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2
- Bowflex Xtreme and Xtreme 2come with a 7-year full warranty plus made from high-end materials. Both machines will last for many years to come for you.
- These two home gym series provide the same 300 lbs maximum user weight capacity.
- Both come with the same leg extension and curl attachments.
Quick Comparison: Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2
|Specifications||Bowflex Xtreme XTLU||Bowflex Xtreme 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|No of Excercise||60+||70+|
|Maximum User Weight||300 lbs||300 lbs|
|Dimension||55.3 x 28.6 x 10.2 inches||58 x 30.5 x 21.25 inches|
|Material||heavy-duty steel frame||heavy-duty steel frame|
Differences and Similarities: Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2
The material of a gym machine is crucial as it decides the lifespan of the device. Fortunately, both machines are built with powder-coated heavy-duty steel frames. The material makes the machine very durable compared to other gym machines.
Both share the same resistance level that lets the user adjust the resistance level up to 410 lbs. But compared to the Bowflex Xtreme, Xtreme 2 is better at the resistance level. Since the machine lets you quickly change to the different resistance levels. That’s why going with the Xtreme 2 would be an ideal option for you.
7 Free Trainer-Built Workouts
Bowflex Xtreme 2 is built with seven free trainer workouts, while the Bowflex Xtreme doesn’t have this. The manual of this includes strength training routines, circuit training anaerobic, 20-minute upper body, true aerobic, 20 minutes lower body, bodybuilding, and 20 minutes better body. If you want to get all those conveniences, go with the Bowflex Xtreme 2.
To build your quads, hamstrings, and glutes, and to do the squats, you can use the station or pulley system. Bowflex Xtreme 2 is built with the 4-position pulley system, while the Xtreme provides a 3-position.
The Xtreme 2 is also upgraded to the no-change cable pulley system, and it lets you adjust the workouts without interrupting. While the Xtreme 2 doesn’t include this amazing feature. The benefits of the upgraded pulley system prevent long-lasting rests between your workout and save you time.
No of Exercise
Bowflex Xtreme 2 is equipped with more than 70 exercises, while the previous version has 60+ exercises. You can execute different exercises with the Bowflex Xtreme 2, plus you can start a serious workout.
Since the old Xtreme version has fewer exercise options to get the best exercise option, you can choose the Xtreme 2. However, the different types of exercises that you’ll get from these are chest exercises, arm, back, shoulder, and much more.
Maximum User Weight
Both gym machines will provide you with 410 lbs maximum weight capacity. You can start from 5 lbs, and then you can increase the weight level as you need. The weight level can be increased by adding the power rods to the machine.
The two come with the instruction manual that contains how you can assemble the machines. Also, you will get a fitness guide for both of them. On the other side, the Xtreme 2 also contains a squat bar and gym-style ab.
Bowflex Xtreme and Xtreme 2 come with a seven-year warranty period. They offer free replacement plus repair if there are any craft issues. Since both of them have the same warranty period, you can select one that you love.
Bowflex Xtreme series will help you to focus on building your body. These two are amazing gym machines for your home, but I highly recommend the Bowflex Xtreme 2. It’s the upgraded version, plus it will give you the best convenience of use. Furthermore, you can explore more exercise features from this. And it will be worth your investment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bowflex Xtreme and Bowflex Xtreme 2
|What is the setup time of these machines?
The machine comes with an instruction manual that you can follow to put together. On average, the machines take four hours to set up.
What is the Xtreme 2 dimension?
The dimension of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 is 58 x 30.5 x 21.25 inches.
Can you tell me the advantages of these gym machines?
They come with the best resistance level, which helps you switch between the workouts easily.
Does Bowflex come with a vertical position?
Yes, it provides you a vertical gym-style workout position.
What is the warranty for Xtreme 2?
The machine comes with a seven years warranty period and will last for many years to come.
Wanna Check more Home Gym machine comparisons? just check the below links
- Marcy Home Gym MWM 988 vs 990
- Bowflex Xtreme 2 Vs Xtreme 2 SE
- Bowflex Xceed vs blaze
- Bowflex blaze vs pr3000
- Weider Pro 8500 vs Marcy Diamond Elite
I'm Fahad Hasan author of Buywithme.org & I have been working in the fitness industry for the last 6 years, I'm dedicated to helping people to fix & choose fitness equipment. My greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help his readers to get the best equipment for their needs under their budget.
Click the below links to find him on social media
- Nordictrack2022.05.27Nordictrack 1750 vs 2450 – Check why you should pick 2450?
- Gym Bike2022.05.27Schwinn AD6 vs AD7 – Learn Why Schwinn AD7 would be the Best!
- Schwinn bikes2022.05.27Nautilus R616 vs Schwinn 270 – Check Our Recommendations!
- Gym Bike2022.05.27Schwinn 230 vs 270 – Check and Know Why Schwinn 270 is Boss?