Breville Barista Pro vs Touch – Which One is Better & Why?
Breville Barista Pro and Touch are popular coffee machines for precise espresso extraction. They have some similarities and very few differences. I have been using Barista pro & touch since 2019 in my coffee shop, If you ask me which one you should buy? I Will say you should pick Breville Barista Touch. It offers some more advanced features than Barista express that helps you to make effortless espresso.
Why Breville Barista Touch is Better Choice?
- Barista Touch comes with a touch screen display, so you can easily make your favorite coffee with a simple touch of your finger. But the Barista Pro interface has an analog button, so you need to put more effort into the machine to use it.
- It lets you personalize your coffee, and you can simply adjust the coffee strength. Moreover, it enables you to personalize up to 8 different coffees, and you will not get these amazing features from the Pro version.
- In Barista TouchYou can select the temperature from the personalized coffee settings that will suit your taste But you can’t set the temperature in Barista pro.
- You will get an automatic micro-foam milk texturing feature that lets you adjust the milk temperature for the best quality espresso. In contrast, Barista Pro cannot automatically adjust the milk.
These are the main differences that made Barista Touch a great espresso machine than Barista pro. Hope now you can understand why I highly recommend Breville Barista Touch.
The Downside I Got While Using
Things You Should Know.
- Barista Touch also has a manual feature besides automatic. The manual system of the machine replaces its auto system when the stream is pulled up into a forward position.
- Try to use roasted coffee beans for two weeks to get the best result.
- The coffee powder comes out from a machine while using Capuccino setting for grinding beans. But it does not happen in other settings.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Breville Barista Pro||Breville Barista Touch|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Interface||Analog Button||Swipe & Select Touch Screen|
|Faster Heat Up||3 seconds||3 seconds|
|Good for Entertaining||No||Yes|
|Digital Temperature Control||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Micro Foam||No||Yes|
|Personalized Coffee Settings||No||Yes|
|Water Tank Capacity||67 ounces||67 ounces|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Product Dimension||13 x 12 x 13 inches||12.7 x 15.5 x 16 inches|
|Item Weight||20 pounds||26.8 pounds|
Similarities of Breville Barista Pro & Touch
You will get an innovative grinding option from these two espresso machines as they have a built-in grinder. They will grind the espresso beans right before brewing the espresso for you. The grinder will grind the beans, and the espresso will pour directly into the espresso portafilter; these are totally hands-free operations.
Faster Heat-up Time
They feature an innovative ThermoJet heating system so that the user can achieve optimum extraction temperature within 3 seconds. You don’t need to wait much to prepare your favorite espresso in these two machines. But another traditional machine is not capable of heating so fast. That’s why you can select either the Breville Barista Pro or the Touch.
In terms of accessories, the machines are also the same. You will get a stainless steel portafilter, single and double wall filter baskets, stainless steel jug, a water filter, a cleaning kit, and a water hardness test strip. Also, they come with a user manual; before using the machines, make sure you read it properly.
Water tank capacity
You can find both of them have a 67 oz water capacity in the machine. That’s why you don’t need to refill the water tank frequently.
Both of them are made with stainless steel material to ensure they last longer. But the warranty makes the Barista Pro a better choice since it has a two-year warranty, while the Barista Touch has a one-year warranty. The warranty period will repair any defective parts in the machine or if you find any issues. Though the Barista Pro offers a better warranty period, I’d suggest the Barista Touch.
As you can see, all the differences and similarities between these two Breville Espresso machines are in detail. Hopefully, now you understand why I mentioned the Breville Barista Touch as the best rather than Breville Barista Pro. If you are seeking the right espresso machine, this would be your best bet. But if you do not need a touch interface and advanced features machine, go with the Barista Pro with your eyes closed.
|Does Barista Pro have a hot water spout?
Yes, it has a hot water spout that is located next to the group head.
What is the material of these Breville Espresso machines?
Both of them Breville espresso machines are built with stainless steel material, and the top of the machine is made with plastic.
Does the Barista Touch Express have a dual boiler?
No, it has a single boiler that is made of aluminum material.
What is the portafilter size?
The Portafilter of the Barista Express Pro size is 53 mm.
Do they offer a warranty?
Yes, Barista Express offers a two-year warranty, while Barista Touch comes with a one-year warranty.