Breville Duo Temp Pro vs Infuser – Which One You Should Pick?
Breville Duo Temp Pro and Infuser are entry-level espresso machines, yet they are combined with professional-quality features. However, we suggest you choose the Breville Infuser rather than the Duo Temp Pro.
Why Do We Suggest the Breville Infuser?
- The pressure gauge of this machine works perfectly, and it will tell you how your shot is extracted. And if needed, you can adjust the volume or shot. While the Duo Temp Pro also has a pressure gauge but won’t let you know how the shot is extracted or if you need to adjust it or not.
- The Breville Infuser steam wand creates a nice milk foam texture each time, plus it doesn’t take much time. While its brother cannot make strong pressure, also it takes more time.
- They have the same 61 oz water tank size, and Infuser is okay with one refill per week. Unfortunately, the Duo Temp Pro required frequent refilling because it wastes a lot of water which is not pleasant.
- The Infuser has a quality portafilter and delivers you the rich flavor espresso every time. In contrast, the Duo Temp Pro portafilter sometimes changes the taste of the espresso.
- Breville Infuser can pull a double shot in just 10 seconds. So if you are always in a hurry, you should pick this one as its competitor takes approximately 30 seconds.
- It has programmable shots that let you control the volume of espresso with just a touch of a button. You can either choose a shot or let the machine control how much espresso will be in your cup. On the other hand, its rival doesn’t include this feature.
The combination of these features makes the Breville Infuser the best choice. If you are an espresso lover, then do yourself a favor and pick this one.
Breville Duo Temp Pro vs Infuser: Similar Features
- These machines can create cafe-quality microfoam, and also include the volume & shot control features. So, you don’t need to visit any coffee shop anymore. Instead, you can prepare your favorite espresso at home.
- Breville Duo Temp Pro and Infuser are built with stainless steel material which increases the lifespan. Additionally, they have a one-year limited warranty.
- The Infuser and Duo Temp Pro machines have auto-purge features, which means you will get hot water for your next shot.
Quick Comparison Chart: Breville Duo Temp Pro vs Infuser
|Specifications||Breville Duo Temp Pro||Breville Infuser|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimensions||10 x 11 x 13 inches||11.5 x 13.7 x 13.25 inches|
|Weight||18.9 pounds||17 pounds|
|Water Tank Capacity||61 Oz||61 Oz|
|Volume and Shot Control||No||Yes|
|User Interface||Dial Control||Analog Gauge Button Control|
|Cafe Quality Microfoam||Yes||Yes|
|Precise Milk Temperature, Automatically||Yes||Yes|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Manual Microfoam Milk Texturing||Yes||Yes|
|Power||1650 Watts||1650 Watts|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Breville Duo Temp Pro vs Infuser
Easy to Use
Operating Breville Duo Temp Pro and Infuser are simple, but if we compare, then Infuser is more straightforward. Both have the same power button, steam, and hot water button.
While the Breville Infuser also offers a clean me, dual shot control, and temperature control feature. And these things make it easier to use the machine.
Easy to Clean
These espresso machines are combined with maintenance indicators that let you know if the machine is required to be clean. So you don’t need to take the stress of when to clean the machine or not. However, the cleaning alerts make the maintenance routine easier.
PID and Extraction
They have alike PID and extraction functions which make sure you get all the flavor to the cup. Breville enables the water pressure so that you can enjoy the perfect balanced espresso. At the same time, the Pre-infusion of the Infuser allows you to control temperature. Also, it provides you with the right extraction.
Breville Infuser lets you control the shot and volume of the espresso between 1 and 2, which is very convenient. Or you can allow the machine to automatically control how much espresso will end up in your cup. Besides, the Duo Temp Pro doesn’t feature shot control.
You can create cafe-quality latte art with these machines effortlessly. These Breville machines are 1650 W, so they will heat up quickly to prepare milk foam. However, the Infuser takes less time, plus it will deliver a rich texture of milk foam just like a cafe. By contrast, Duo Temp Pro will take slightly more time, and it cannot give you a creamy foam texture.
These espresso machines combine with the auto-purge feature, which keeps the machine ready for every shot. In addition, Breville Infuser and Duo Temp Pro purge the heating system after steaming to ensure you get the right temperature.
Water Tank Capacity
Breville Duo Temp Pro and Infuser machines can hold 61 oz water to the reservoir. However, the Duo Temp Pro wastes water thus, you may need to refill it very frequently. At the same time, you can be stress-free with the Infuser because it doesn’t waste water and keeps water for up to a week. However, if you drink espresso very often, then you may need to refill it quickly.
Size and Weight
Both of them are compact and lightweight compared to any traditional machines on the market. The Duo Temp Pro measures 10 x 11 x 13 inches, while the Infuser dimensions are 11.5 x 13.7 x 13.25 inches. In comparison, their weights are 18.9 pounds (Duo Temp Pro) and 17 pounds (Infuser), respectively. So if you have a small countertop, they will easily fit in your kitchen. Anyhow, if you are looking for a lightweight one, Infuser is the way to go.
Breville machines are built with stainless steel material which ensures durability. These two take less maintenance, as well as easier to clean. Moreover, Breville offers a limited one-year warranty for USA users only. Within this warranty period, Breville will cover any manufacturer workmanship free of charge.
Both espresso machines carry many similarities, but we love the advanced features of Breville Infuser. In addition, it is more convenient to use than Duo Temp Pro. Thus we highly recommend Infuser to you.
Breville Duo Temp Pro can also make the perfect espresso, and if you have a tight budget, you can choose this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Breville Duo Temp Pro vs Infuser
What is the steam wand-type in the Duo Temp Pro?
It has a traditional single-hole steam wand.
What is the warranty period?
These Breville espresso machines come with a one-year limited warranty.
How long does the steamer take to steam the milk?
The steam wand takes approximately 20 to 30 seconds to steam the milk.
Can I use the Infuser with 220v?
Sure, but you need to purchase an adapter since it has 120v electrical standards.
Does the Duo Temp Pro have a coffee brewing feature?
No, it is an espresso machine; thus, it does not have a brewing function. But you can add hot water with the espresso to prepare Americano.
Does the Duo Temp Pro have a cup warmer?
The top of the machine is a cup warmer, so when the machine warms up, the cups above also become warm.
Read other articles from the below links –