Breville Smart Oven Pro and Air are two quality machines, but we suggest you go with Smart Oven Air. Let’s read the reasons here.
Why Should You Go With Breville Smart Oven Air?
- This Oven has 13 unique presets, making it a super versatile machine. At the same time, its’ brother combines 10 presets. Since it has more cooking capabilities, you can try different recipes effortlessly.
- Breville Smart Oven Air has a larger capacity compared to the Oven Pro, and it can prepare food for up to 14 people once. At the same time, its competitor can make meals for 6 people.
- Both combine with the convection feature that reduces the cooking time. Yet the Smart Oven Air is better since it is integrated with a dual fan, hence it speeds up the cooking time it creates a greater hot air to distribute even heat, as well as speeds up the cooking time.
- Breville Smart Oven Air uses 6 quartz Element IQ Presets, besides the Smart Oven Pro has 5 quartz capacities. However, this function uses an algorithm to create an ideal cooking environment. At the same time, its PID temperature plus sensing feature reduces the cold spots so that you get even cooking.
- This smart Oven is compatible with air frying and dehydration settings which are missing on the Smart Oven Pro. However, these functions let you prepare french fries or other items. In comparison, the dehydration properties allow you to dehydrate different foods up to 4 trays.
- Its temperature range is 80-480 °F, besides the other one’s capacity is 120-450 °F. Therefore, you can prepare food effectively plus switch between the temperature range easily.
- This Smart Oven Air delivers a two-years warranty, in contrast, the Oven Pro has a one-year limited warranty. Its extended guarantee lets you use the machine confidently.
Breville Smart Oven Air would be an ideal choice for anyone searching for a countertop oven. So, if you want to invest in a Breville oven, this should be your consideration.
- They integrated with the interior oven light that turns on itself when the cooking is done, thus you can see inside.
- Breville Smart Oven Pro and Air comes with a non-stick interior which makes cleaning a breeze.
- Both have a slow cooking function that allows you to cook for up to 10 hours before the machines automatically go warm.
Quick Comparison Chart: Breville Smart Oven Pro vs Air
|Specifications||Breville Smart Oven Pro||Breville Smart Oven Air|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 Out of 5||4.8 Out of 5|
|Element IQ Presets||10 Unique presets||13 Unique Presets|
|Cooking Capacity||For Up to 6 People||For Up to 14 People|
|Convection||Super Convection||Super Convection Powered (2-speed fan)|
|Air Fry Capability||No||Yes|
|Temperature||120-450 °F||80-480 °F|
|Oven Racks||Single Rack||Two Racks|
|Dimensions||18.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches||17.5 x 21.5 x 12.7 inches|
|Weight||22.8 pounds||38.9 pounds|
|Interior Oven Light||Yes||Yes|
|Slow Cook Setting||Yes||Yes|
|Non-Stick Cavity Coating||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||Limited 1 Year||Two Years|
Differences and Similarities: Breville Smart Oven Air vs Pro
Element IQ Settings
Breville Smart Ovens have an Element IQ feature that makes them high-performance countertop machines. Compared to any traditional oven, this feature ensures the machine reduces cooking time by up to 30% and offers precise cooking.
Though both use the IQ technology, there’s a slight difference, and the Oven Pro has 5 independent quartz elements while the Oven Air comes with 6 independent quartz. This will distribute heat over the food where needed the most. But the Oven Air also has a PID plus temperature sensing technology. It reduces the cold spots so that you get precise cooking every time.
You will get 10 cooking presets with the Breville Smart Oven Pro, besides, the Smart Oven Air has 13 presets. Hence you can prepare a wide range of foods with the Air rather than another one.
Well, their common presets are – Pizza, Cookies, Roast, Broil, Toast, Slow Cook, Bake, Reheat, Warm, and Bagel. Whereas the three extra presets of the Oven Air are Dehydrate, Proof, and Air Fry.
Their usage is straightforward, all you need is to press your preferred button plus set time. Once your recipe will be prepared, the machine will indicate plus turn on the light itself that is very convenient.
Before purchasing an oven, don’t forget to consider the cooking capacity. If you have a small family, go with the Breville Smart Oven Pro because it can prepare food for up to 6 people. But if you have a big family or prepare large meals every time, Smart Oven Air is the best choice. The Air can make food for 14 people at once, which is very convenient.
However, the Oven Pro’s interior measurements are 18.5 x 15.7 x 11.1 inches. In comparison, the Oven Air’s capacity is 21.5 x 17.1 x 12.7 inches. The Oven Pro can fit 6 slices of bread, but you can use 9 sliced bread on the other one. The Pro version can prepare 9 cups of a muffin; the Air has 12 muffin compatibility. Moreover, the Air easily fits a 14-pound turkey.
Meanwhile, both can make a 13 inches pizza plus have slow cooking capacity.
Breville Smart Oven Pro and Air are convection machines which means they use fans, unlike other ovens. Though these Breville brothers use the same technology yet, there’s a slight difference. The Smart Oven Air uses a dual fan while the other one has a single fan.
So, the Air version lets you have super cooking control, and also, the hot Air ensures you can prepare a recipe quicker. But, at the same time, it distributes even heat.
These two Breville ovens are constructed with a smart functionality LCD. It allows you effortlessly access settings, moreover, the display will indicate you once the preheat is done. At the same time, this will start the countdown so that you get a perfect result.
Interior Oven Light
Breville Smart Oven Air and Pro are combined with an oven light. It will turn on automatically when your recipe is done. Also, the light can be turned on anytime you want when you want to check inside for the cooking process.
Breville Smart Oven Air has a better temperature compared to the Smart Oven Pro. Its temperature range is 80-480 °F, while the Smart Oven Pro has 120-450 °F.
However, the Oven Air has a PID temperature control feature to reduce the cold spots, plus deliver even cooking. Unfortunately, this handy function is missing on the Smart Oven Pro. Anyways, you can switch between different temperature ranges when the machine is in use.
Easy to clean
It is a breeze when it comes to cleaning these ovens because their interior is integrated with the non-stick wall. So, simply bring the racks or pans and rinse them in warm soapy water. If there is any odor, then create a solution with baking soda and lemon.
Apply this paste onto the racks or pans, let it sit there for a few minutes. Then scrub them gently and wash with water. Anyhow, to clean the interior, use a soft, damp cloth. Remember, before cleaning the machine, let it cool completely.
They will deliver a few essential goodies so that you can start using the machine when you get them. The Smart Oven Pro comes with a single rack, an enamel baking pan, one broiling rack, including a non-stick pizza pan.
At the same time, the Smart Oven Air has mesh baskets for air frying and dehydrating, two oven racks, Enamel Roasting Pan, a pizza pan with a broil rack
Size & Weight
Breville Smart Oven Pro is slightly lightweight, whereas the Smart Oven Air has a compact design. The Pro version’s measurements are 18.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches, plus its weight is 22.8 pounds. At the same time, the Breville Air dimensions are 17.5 x 21.5 x 12.7 inches with 38.9 pounds. So, while purchasing your machine, check out the size and weight to see if it will fit your countertop.
Breville Smart Oven Air has a two years warranty, while the Smart Oven Pro delivers one year. Since it has a longer warranty, including quality features, this should be your consideration. Anyhow, this period will cover any manufacturer damages, and you can claim for free repair service.
An oven is a long-term investment that’s why you should go through all the best features. And between these two Breville Ovens, we highly suggest you pick the Smart Oven Air. It is integrated with better functions, as well as a larger capacity to meet your needs. You won’t regret your decision about this Oven. You can go with the Breville Smart Oven Pro if you have a small family or a tight budget.
Frequently Asked Questions about Breville Smart Oven Pro and Air
|Can I use aluminum foil in the Breville Smart Oven Pro?|
Yes, you can use aluminum foil while preparing food but remember it is a convection oven. So read the manual properly to avoid any issue.
Do they have a non-stick interior wall?
Yes, both ovens combine with the non-stick Oven, which makes cleaning a breeze.
What is the maximum temperature of the Smart Oven Air?
It delivers up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit degree max temp, while the Oven Pro offers 450 degrees.
Does warm and slow cooking functions are the same?
No, these two do not function the same. These two require different temperature settings.
Can I toast one side only?
Yes, simply set the Oven to the “bagel” instead of “toast” to use the one side.
You may have interest in some other oven comparisons: