Brother ST371HD and Singer 4452 sewing machines can tackle tricky fabrics, as well as, both are robust. But we highly suggest you pick Singer 4452.
Why Should You Pick Singer 4452?
- The Singer 4452 has a faster sewing capacity compared to the Brother ST371HD. You will get 1100 stitches per minute from this machine, while the other one delivers 800 stitches. Hence, with its extra sewing speed, you can sew quicker than the rival.
- You can effortlessly sew different fabrics with this Singer sewing machine. It allows you to sew denim, leather, and canvas fabric. Moreover, the machine can quilt thicker fabric easily. In contrast, the Brother is not ideal for sewing thicker material.
- It is integrated with the adjustable presser foot pressure, which is very convenient. That’s because you can easily adjust the machine while sewing any thin or thick fabric. On the other hand, its competitor built with preset presser foot pressure. And you cannot adjust the machine during sewing, which is a downside.
- During sewing, Singer 4452 doesn’t shake the table. Also, its quick threading tool is incredible. Besides, the Brother ST371HD shakes the table, which is not convenient.
- This machine combines with 3 needle positions whereas the competitor has 1. Therefore, you will get better sewing from this machine.
These features of the Singer 4452 make it a good choice for the user. So if you want to upgrade your sewing experience, then Singer is the best bet, and you should consider this machine.
- These Singer and Brother sewing machines are built with quality materials which makes them very durable.
- They have a work light, thus you can use the machine effortlessly.
- Singer and Brother come with a free arm sewing feature which makes sewing jeans, cuffs, sleeves, or other cylindrical items a breeze.
Quick Comparison Chart: Brother ST371HD vs Singer 4452
|Specifications||Brother ST371HD||Singer 4452|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Number of Stitches||37||32|
|Number of Needle Positions||1||3|
|Dimensions||7.87 x 16.1 x 12.21 inches||15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches|
|Weight||14.52 pounds||15.71 pounds|
|Twin needle capability||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||25 years||25 years|
Differences & Similarities Between Singer 4452 and Brother ST371HD
When it comes to the sewing speed, the Singer 4452 is better. That’s because it can sew 1100 stitches per minute, while the Brother ST371HD is capable of 800 stitches per minute. Therefore, Singer lets you complete your sewing quicker than the other one.
Talking about the built-in stitches, and here the Brother is slightly better. The Brother machine is equipped with 37 stitches, whereas the Singer has 32. However, you can create more designs for your projects which is very convenient.
Presser Foot Pressure
The Brother ST371HD combines with preset pressure, on the other hand, the Singer 4452 has adjustable presser foot pressure. Since the Singer has adjustable foot pressure, it is easier to use than the Brother sewing machine.
Moreover, when you sew thick or very thin fabric, an adjustable machine is convenient to adjust the sewing. In contrast, the Brother is not easier to use, especially for the newbie. So, if you want an effortless sewing experience, then Singer 4452 is the best bet for you.
Automatic Needle Threader
The Singer 4452 makes threading easier because it is combined with an automatic needle threader. This machine takes a second from the spool to the needle’s eye to thread. At the same time, the Brother also has the same feature. Hence, you can use them effortlessly. Additionally, you can use any heavyweight needles on these machines that will handle thick or thin fabrics.
Size and Dimensions
You should consider the size & weight of a sewing machine before purchasing so that they easily fit the countertop. Here, the Brother is lightweight and compact compared to the Singer.
It measures 7.87 x 16.1 x 12.21 inches with 14.52 pounds. Besides, the Singer 4452 is 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches, and it weighs 15.71 pounds. So, if you are searching for a lightweight and compact one, then Brother should be your choice, but you cannot use this machine conveniently.
These two sewing machines are built with robust material so that you can use them for years to come. Moreover, they deliver you a 25-years warranty from the date you get them. The material ensures the machines are durable than others, while the warranty lets you use them confidently. If you face any defects, you can claim the free repair.
These two sewing machines come with handy accessories, but the Singer 4452 delivers more goodies so that you can use the machine right after you get it. For example, the Singer offers a Non-Stick Foot for leather and vinyl, a clearance Plate for thick seams, Even Feed / Walking Foot for layers of fabric, and a 5-pack of Size 16 needles.
Also, it comes with a seam ripper/lint brush, zipper foot, all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, quilting guide, button sewing foot, needles, bobbins, spool pin. Moreover, it also gives a soft-sided dust cover with the machine. Whereas the Brother ST371HD comes with a user manual, an instructional DVD, and 6 sewing feet.
Brother ST371HD and Singer 4452 are built with quality features you need but if you want the best one, go with the Singer 4452. That’s because it has better motor speed, can effectively thread-thin or thick fabrics, and much more. Hence, to make your investment worth it, you should go with the Singer. And if you have any budget issues, then Brother could be your best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Brother ST371HD and Singer 4452
Can Singer 4452 sew leather?
Yes, this sewing machine can sew leather to any thick or thin fabric you choose.
Does the Singer 4452 have a start/stop button feature?
No, this heavy-duty sewing machine doesn’t include the automatic start/stop button function.
How many stitches do these machines have?
The Brother ST317HD is built with 37 stitches, besides the Singer 4452 combined with 32 stitches pattern.
Do they have built-in light?
Yes, they have light so that you can easily use them in a low-light environment.
What type of needles does the Singer 4452 need?
If you want to sew regular fabric, the needle size would be 12 or 14 from the Singer Brand. While, for the heavyweight fabric like denim, you can purchase denim needles.
You can also check some other comparisons below-