Canon 6D and the Canon 6D Mark II are two unique DSLR cameras with improved features. Therefore, if you want to get a better user experience, I would highly recommend you go with Canon 6D Mark II.
Why I Recommend Canon 6D Mark II?
- Canon 6D Mark II comes with a powerful battery that will let you take up to 1200 shots, while its competitor, the Canon 6D, can give you only 1090 shots. So, the Canon 6D Mark II will help you cover a daylong program, wedding ceremony, or any significant event.
- The device is featured with a 26.2 megapixels effective image sensor that will give you some stunning images with more details. On the other hand, Canon 6D is designed with a 20.2 megapixels effective sensor.
- Its continuous shooting speed is 6 frames per second, which will help you click some great snaps with high resolution, even you can capture the fast-moving things. But, the Canon 6D has come with 4.5 frames per second.
- You can share your photos and videos with the help of the Bluetooth sharing option that will let you transfer your data without connecting with the internet. In contrast, the Canon 6D does not have this option.
- Canon 6D Mark II is featured with 45 autofocus points that will track the subject and maintain the focus automatically while taking images. Thus, it will give you some fantastic crystal-clear photos, and you will not miss the fast-moving objects. On another side, Canon 6D has only 11 autofocus points.
- The 6D Mark II is designed with a touchscreen display that lets you navigate everything from the screen. But unfortunately, its opponent has no touchscreen feature.
If you want to have a camera with some superb features to give you a better user experience, you can go with the Canon 6D Mark II.
Similar Features of Canon 6D Mark II and 6D
- Canon 6D and Canon 6D Mark II come with a 100 – 25,600 auto ISO range that will give fantastic photos even when you are struggling with the light.
- The devices will let you record full HD videos with 1080p resolution, giving you tremendous high-resolution clips.
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity are available with these two DSLR cameras, allowing you to share your videos and images in no time to your laptop, computer, tablets, etc.
- These DSLR cameras offer you a one-year limited warranty. You can use your guarantee if you notice any producer’s fault within the given period.
Comparison Chart: Canon 6D vs 6D Mark II
|Specification||Canon 6D||Canon 6D Mark II|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Effective Image Sensor||20.2 mp||26.2 mp|
|Battery Life||1090 shots||1200 shots|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||4.5 fps||6 fps|
|Bluetooth||No||Yes (version 4.0)|
|Auto-Focus||11 (Manual/ auto )||45 (Auto )|
|Touchscreen||No||Yes (vary angle)|
|Screen Size||3 inches LCD (TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor)||3 inches LCD (vary angle)|
|Weight||1.70 lbs||3.45 pounds|
|ISO Range||Auto 100 – 25600 (can be extended up to 102400)||Auto 200–25600 ( expandable up to 50 – 102400)|
|Video Resolution||1080p HD video recording (30 fps/25fps/24fps):||1080p HD video recording|
|Product Dimension||5.71 x 2.8 x 4.37 inches||2.9 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches|
|Wireless Communication||Yes||Yes (built-in)|
|Warranty||1year limited||1 year limited|
Similarities & Differences: Canon 6D vs 6D Mark II
Design and Display
Canon 6D and Canon 6D Mark II are designed in black color, and they come with 3 inches of an LCD screen. The Canon 6D is built with a TFT liquid crystal monitor, while the Canon 6D Mark II comes with a Vari-angle screen that allows you to move the screen at different angles.
Canon 6D is a lightweight DSLR camera compared to its opponent. It weighs only 1.7 lbs with 5.71 x 2.8 x 4.37 inches of item dimension. On the other hand, the Canon 6D Mark II is a bit heavyweight; it weighs 3.45 pounds, and its product dimension is 2.9 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches.
It is essential to know the battery power. A powerful battery can help you to take more pictures with a full charge. In this regard, the Canon 6D Mark II can be your go because it will give you up to 1200 photos with a full charge.
And, you can cover a wedding program easily with this device. But, the Canon 6D can give you 1090 shots with a full charge. Therefore, this camera also has a good enough battery power that you can consider.
The ISO range will help you get a better picture with a camera in any weather condition. These Canon DSLR cameras come with a high auto ISO range that will give you some fantastic images even in a low-light place.
For example, the Canon 6D comes with a 100 – 25600 auto ISO range that you can extend up to 102400. And the Canon 6D Mark II has a 200 – 25600 auto ISO range, and you can extend it up to 50 – 102400.
These Canon DSLR cameras are a better option for video vloggers planning to start their vlogging careers. Therefore, you can record full HD videos with a 1080p resolution that will give you quality videos with a gorgeous view.
Image sensor helps you to get better quality pictures with a camera. And the Canon 6D Mark II can be your pick this time because it has a 26.2 megapixels effective image sensor that will help you get a crystal–clear picture with more details.
On the other hand, the Canon 6D has a 20.2 megapixels effective image sensor that can give you some better pictures, but this time the Canon 6D Mark II is the best.
Connectivity (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
When buying a DSLR camera, you should consider the connectivity options available with your chosen camera. Moreover, these two Canon cameras offer you wireless communication and near field communication (NFC). But, you will get more options if you go for the Canon 6D Mark II. So, you can share your images and videos via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection.
Furthermore, you can connect the camera with your computer, laptop, tablets, and other devices through Wi-Fi connectivity. Plus, it will let you share the date without connecting with the internet with the help of Bluetooth connectivity.
Continuous Shooting Performance
The Canon 6D’s continuous shooting performance is only 4.5 frames per second, which is less powerful than its opponent. The Canon 6D Mark II can capture 6 frames per second, and it will give you some fantastic pictures even if you can capture fast-moving things with this DSLR camera. In contrast, the Canon 6D comes with 4.5 frames per second, which is less powerful to offer you images like the other camera.
The canon is a better quality camera made with solid metals that you can usually use for some years without feeling any issues. But still, they will give you a one-year limited warranty with these DSLR cameras that you can use if you notice any problem with the cameras by this given time. So, purchase from an authorized shop and keep your warranty card to use your warranty.
If you have gone through all the specifications discussed above, you have to agree with me that the Canon 6D Mark II is a better camera for you, considering its features.
Canon 6D Mark II has a powerful battery that will give you up to 1200 pictures, 26.2 megapixels effective image sensor, and 6 fps continuous shooting speed. Plus, it will offer you more data-sharing options and a touchscreen LCD screen. But, if you disagree with me, you can go with the Canon 6D; it’s up to you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon 6D and 6D Mark II
|Are these DSLR cameras good enough for the Beginner?
Yes, these Canon cameras are good, especially for beginners’ photographers.
What is the auto ISO range of the Canon 6D?
The auto ISO range for the Canon 6D is 100 -25600, and you can extend it up to 102400.
What is the video resolution of these Canon DSLR cameras?
You can record full HD video with these Canon Cameras with 1080p resolution.
Does the weight matter in terms of buying a DSLR camera?
Yes, it does. Because if your camera is lightweight, you can use it for a more extended period without being tired.
What is the effective image sensor of the Canon 6D Mark II?
The effective image sensor of the Canon 6D Mark II is 26.2 megapixels which will give you some fantastic snaps.
Read more camera comparisons from different brands-