Why Do we recommend the Canon M50?
- Canon M50 comes with 143 focus points, and Canon 80D focus point is 45. The higher focus point helps select the right area on the screen.
- This camera has a digital image stabilization feature that makes the image sharper, while its competitor does not have this feature.
- It has a 10fps continuous shooting speed, and the other one continuous shooting speed is 7 fps. Faster continuous shooting speed is more beneficial for catching action shots.
- The video resolution of this camera is is 4k-3840p x 2160p and Canon 80D video resolution is Full-HD- 2160p x 1080p. The maximum video resolution makes the video quality better and clear.
- Canon M50 has a 51200 ISO range, besides its competitor has a 25600 ISO range. Hence, it can give you a better image than its competitor because the lower ISO range can not absorb the light, and can’t capture a clear image.
- It has a BSI sensor that takes better quality images in poor light conditions. In contrast, Canon 80D does not have this feature.
- This camera weight is 13.7 ounces, and Canon 80D weight is 1.4 pounds. Canon M50 is 340g lighter than Canon 80D. A lighter weight is more comfortable to carry anywhere.
These were the advanced feature of the Canon M50 that make it better than Canon 80D. Think carefully before making any investment.
- Both Cameras have a 24mp -APS-C CMOS sensor.
- Their display size is 3 inches.
- Their display size is 3 inches.
- They have a two-stage shutter system.
- Both cameras have stereo, speakers.
|Specification||Canon 80D||Canon M50|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.4 pounds||13.7 pounds|
|Product Dimension||3.09 x 5.47 x 4.14 inches||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||7fps||10fps|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Battery Life||960 shots||235 shots|
|External memory card slot||No||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between the Canon 80d vs M50
If we notice their size, then it’s clear, Canon M50 is smaller than Canon 80D. Its body is 17mm shorter and 20mm thinner than Canon 80D. Weight is also an essential part of any camera. Canon M50 weight is 13.7 ounces, and the external dimension is 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches. Besides, the Canon 80D weighs 1.4 pounds, and the external dimension is 3.09 x 5.47 x 4.14 inches. Canon M50 is lighter than Canon 80D. So, you can carry it anywhere.
Both camera display sizes are 3 inches, and their screen can be flip-out easily. You can operate these devices with your finger. Canon M50 comes with 143 focus points, besides its competitor comes with 45 focus points. The more focus point gives the more precise and sharp image.
Sensor resolution is also an essential part of any camera. In this section, both cameras have the same size 24mp-APS-C CMOS sensor. Canon M50 has the highest ISO range that absorbs the light and takes a clear image at low light without any flash. This camera has 51200 ISO, and Canon 80D has 25600 ISO.
The number of lenses is also important. In this section Canon 80D one step ahead then Canon M50. There are 326 lenses available for this camera, whereas 23 lenses are available for Canon M50. M50 has a significant advantage in that it has an image stabilization feature which is a stabilized picture. In contrast, Canon 80D does not have this feature. You can buy image-stabilized lenses separately.
Maximum video resolution makes the video footage sharp and clear. This camera video resolution is 4k-3840p x 2160p and Canon 80D video resolution is Full Hd-2160p x 1080p. Canon M50 provides better quality video footage. Both devices have phase detection autofocus and timelapse function. The timelapse function shows a long passage of time sped up.
In this section, Canon 80D is one step ahead then Canon M50. Canon 80D has a weather-sealed option in its body. But unfortunately, there is no weather-sealed option in Canon M50. So you have to take extra care if you shoot all day long.
Battery life is also essential for any camera. Canon 80D can take 960 shots at a single charge, and Canon M50 can take 235 shots per second. That means the Canon 80D provides you more battery life than the other one. They have a battery level indicator. You can remove your battery easily.
In the box
With Canon M50-
- Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 15-45mm Lens (Black)
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3
- .5-6.3 IS STM Lens (Graphite)
- Canon LP-E12 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 875mAh)
- Canon Battery Charger LC-E12 for Battery Pack LP-E12.
- Canon R-F-4 Camera Cover (Body Cap) for EOS M Mirrorless Camera.
With Canon 80D-
- Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera (Body Only)
- Canon LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1865mAh)
- Canon LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack.
- EW-EOS80D Wide Camera Strap.
- Canon Eyecup Eb.
- Canon RF-3 Body Cap for Canon EOS Cameras.
The Canon company offers a 1-year warranty. And the offer can be used after purchasing the product. If the product gets damaged, then you can call the helpline. The company does not cover any type of shelf damaged issue.
If you want to buy an ideal camera for yourself, then Canon M50 is the best choice. It gives a new feature that is not available in Canon 80D. So, we strongly recommend you buy the Canon m50.
Frequently Question Asked about Canon 80D and Canon M50.
|What is the warranty?|
The Canon offers 1 Year warranty.
Will this have a dual card slot?
No, there is no dual card slot.
Does it come with a charger?
All Canon cameras come with a shoulder strap, one battery, and a charger.
Does this have an external microphone port?
No, it does not have any external microphone port.
Check out more DSLR comparisons here.
- Nikon D3400 vs D3500
- Sony a6600 vs a7iii
- Sony a7iii vs a7sii
- Sony a6400 vs a6500
- Sony a5100 vs a6000
- Sony a7ii vs a7iii