Canon g7x vs Mark iv – Which Camera You Should Choose & Why?
If you want the best camera between Canon g7x and mark iv, I recommend choosing Canon mark iv. Check the below section to know why Canon mark iv is best.
The reason for my recommendation?
- It comes with 61 focus points, while the Canon g7x has only 31 focus points. Thus, it is effortless for you to capture and track the fastest-moving subject.
- This camera features a 30 Megapixels sensor that helps to capture high-quality images with more details. On the contrary, its competitor gives a 20 megapixels sensor that cannot capture pictures like Canon mark iv.
- It has an extended ISO of 100-102400 that provides the advantage of shooting long exposure images better. The Canon g7x comes with an ISO range of 100-12800.
- Canon mark iv can capture up to 900 shots with a single charge. But, the alternative will last for only 210 shots with a full charge. It is suitable for any function since you don’t need to worry about charging the camera frequently.
- Canon Mark iv camera has a large sensor and it has an updated image-processing engine that helps to capture super clear images with natural color even in a low-light setting. In contrast, the Canon g7x sensor is not large, and image processing isn’t much updated.
- It works fast with 7-fps thus you can click fast-moving subjects properly during a continuous shot. Besides, the Canon g7x works at 6-fps, and it cannot click perfect photos of moving subjects.
So, these were the features that made Canon Mark IV better than G7x and you should consider its functions to make your investment worth it.
Similar features of Canon g7x vs Mark iv
- Both cameras have a time-lapse function that shows a long passage of time sped up.
- They have an external memory card slot. You can add an extra memory card for extended storage.
- They have a battery level indicator that warns you whenever the battery gets low.
Comparison Chart: Canon g7x vs Mark iv
|Specification||Canon g7x||Canon mark iv|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||10.7 ounces||1.76 pounds|
|Product dimension||4.06 x 1.57 x 2.36 inches||3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||6fps||7fps|
|Battery Life||900 shots||210 shots|
|Screen size||3 inches||3.2 inches|
|Has a phase detection autofocus||No||Yes|
|It has a two-stage shutter||No||Yes|
|It has a CMOS sensor||Yes||Yes|
|It has a BSI sensor||Yes||Yes|
|Slow-motion video recording||No||Yes|
|It has a stereo microphone||No||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences Between Canon g7x vs Mark iv
A better design depends on the camera’s body weight and size. An ideal camera has lighter weight. In this section, Canon g7x has a lighter weight than Canon mark iv. This camera’s body weight is 10.7 ounces, and the external dimension is 4.06 x 1.57 x 2.36 inches. Canon mark iv’s weight is 1.76 pounds, and its external dimension is 3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches.
A more prominent display gives the best experience. This camera screen size is 3.2 inches, and the canon g7x screen size is 3 inches. The Canon g7x display can flip out, but the other display can not flip out. Mark iv has an optical viewfinder that captures the images with more details. Canon g7x does not have this feature.
There are significant differences in their sensor resolution. This camera comes with 30mp, and the Canon g7x comes with 20mp. The higher megapixel means it’s capable of capturing images with more details. This camera’s ISO range is 102400, and the Canon g7x ISO range is 12800. The highest ISO range absorbs light, and it can capture a clear image in low light also. Canon mark iv uses a more advanced image processing DIGIC 6+ processor, and Canon g7x uses DIGIC 6 processor.
The number of lenses is also crucial for any camera. The highest number of lenses are used in Canon mark iv. There is another essential feature, image stabilization. Both cameras have optical image stabilization that stabilizes the picture smoothly.
Video resolution is also important for better video footage.This camera video resolution is 4k-3840p x 2160p besides its competitor video resolution is Full HD- 2160p x 1080p.Both cameras have a timelapse function that shows a long time sped up.
If you want to shoot all day long, then battery life is essential. This camera can capture 210 images until the battery dies while the Canon g7x can capture 900 photos. In this section, the Canon g7x is one step ahead of the other one. Both cameras have battery level indicators. Whenever the battery gets low, it will notify you.
Both cameras can connect with WiFi. You can operate your device remotely with your smartphone. Canon mark iv big advantage is, it has a dual card slot. You add external storage to your camera. At the same time, the Canon g7x does not have this feature.
Durability and warranty
Both cameras are made with some strong materials that make the product more durable, and it gives a 1-year warranty. If the product gets damaged, then contract with their site.
Hopefully, you will make your decision on which camera is more suitable for you. I recommend Canon mark iv for the higher resolution, ISO range, Video resolution, and larger sensor size. Otherwise, the Canon g7x is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Canon g7x vs Mark iv
Is this device WiFi enabled?
Yes, you connect your smartphone to transfer your image via WiFi.
Can I use another for this Canon g7x camera?
No, this is a fixed zoom lens. Very sharp
How long does the battery last for shooting video?
Battery life isn’t that great in general. However, I have not continuously run video with a freshly charged battery to test how long it would run.
Find related articles from the below links –