Canon M100 vs M50 – Check Why Canon M50 is Better than M100!
Canon M50 and M100 are both top-rated cameras in the market. But between these two, Buywithme.org suggests the Canon m50.
Why We Suggest The Canon M50?
- This DSLR camera comes with 143 focus points, while the Canon m50 has only 49 focus points. More focus points will make it easy to track and maintain the focus of the object to capture the best image.
- Canon m50 has an extended ISO of 100-51200 that helps to shoot long exposure images better. The Canon m100 comes with an ISO range of 100-25600.
- It works fast with 10-fps during a continuous shot, and Canon m100 works slowly while taking the same photos in 6.1-fps. Also, the frame of the Canon M50 will provide you with better graphics.
- M50 has a digital image stabilization feature that reduces shakes to capture sharper images. Besides, its competitor does not have this feature.
- It has a microphone port that provides a higher-quality audio recording option. In contrast, Canon M100 does not have this microphone port.
- Canon M50 can record high-resolution 4k-3840p x 2160p video whereas Canon M100 can shoots only Full HD- 1920p x 1080p.
Both cameras are top-rated in the market, but the Canon m50 provides some fantastic features, which are not available in the Canon m100. That’s why we suggest Canon M50.
- Both cameras have a 20mp-APS-C CMOS sensor which ensures impressive image quality.
- They come with a 3 inches screen. The ideal screen size makes it easy to operate.
- Both devices have a time-lapse function that shows the long passage of time sped up.
- 1-Year warranty service. If the product gets damaged, then in the warranty period, the company gives you free service.
Comparison Chart: Canon M50 vs M100
|Specification||Canon m100||Canon m50|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out f 5|
|Product dimension||1.4 x 4.3 x 2.6 inches||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches|
|Has a microphone port||No||Yes|
|Weight||10.7 ounces||13.7 ounces|
|Continuous shooting speed||6.1 fps||10fps|
|Compatible mount||Canon EF-M mount||Canon EF-M mount|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Battery life||295 shots||235 shots|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences Between Canon m100 vs m50
We can see that clearly, Canon m100 is minor than Canon m50. Its body is 8mm narrower, 20mm shorter, and 23mm sleazy than Canon m50. Weight and size are important factors when you decide to choose an ideal camera. Canon m50 body weight is 13.7 ounces, and external dimension is 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches. On the other hand, Canon M100’s body weight is 10.7 ounces, and the external dimension is 1.4 x 4.3 x 2.6 inches.
Canon m50 and Canon m100 screen size are 3 inches. Their screen can be flip-out easily. You can operate your device via touchscreen. Canon m50 has a hot used attached to attaching an external flash, viewfinder, and other attachments.
The sensor also an essential part of any camera. Both cameras have a 20mp-APS-C CMOS sensor. Sensor size provides the same level of control. Canon M50’s focus point is 143, and M100’s focus point is 49. Both cameras have phase detection autofocus for photos, which allows sharper images.
The number of lenses also crucial for any camera. Both cameras have the same Canon EF-M mount. There are 23 lenses available for these cameras. Another important factor is image stabilization. Canon m50 has digital sensor-based image stabilization that makes the image more quality complete. Besides, Canon m100 does not have this image stabilization feature.
Continuous shooting speed:
This camera has a 10fps steady shooting speed, taking 10 photos per second. Besides, the canon m100 comes with a 6.1fps constant shooting speed; it takes 6 pictures per second. Continuous shooting speed mainly useful for catching action shots.
Digic image processors:
Canon m50 comes with the latest DIGIC 8 processor. In contrast, Canon m100 uses the older DIGIC 7 processor. In this section, Canon m50 is better than Canon m100 for this latest new processor.
In this section, Canon m100 is one step ahead then Canon m50. Canon m100 able to manage around 295 shots before the battery gets dies. Besides, the other one can shoot up to 295 pictures on a single charge. Both devices have separate slots for external memory cards. Both use the same LP-E12 battery, but sadly, neither can be charged by USB.
The higher video resolution provides quality full video footage. Canon m50 video resolution is 4k-3840 x 2160p. Besides, its competitor comes with Full Hd-2160 x 1080p video resolution. Both cameras have phase detection autofocus features. Canon m50 has a timelapse feature that shows a long passage of time speed up. Unfortunately, Canon m100 does not have this feature.
Durability and warranty:
Both DSLR cameras are made with some strong materials that make these devices more durable. Canon company offer 1 Year warranty for their product. In this period, if you face any problem, then you can contract with their site.
In the Box: With Canon m50-
- Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 15-45mm Lens (Black)
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens (Graphite)
- Canon LP-E12 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 875mAh)
- Canon Battery Charger LC-E12 for Battery Pack LP-E12.
- Canon R-F-4 Camera Cover (Body Cap) for EOS M Mirrorless Camera.
With Canon m100 –
- EOS M100 (Black)
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM (Graphite)
- Battery Pack LP-E12
- Battery Charger LC-E12
- Neck Strap EM-200DB + (USB Cable, SD Card, and Solutions Disk Not Included)
After reading this article, you can understand why we recommend choosing the upgraded Canon m50 camera. Otherwise, Canon m100 also a good choice, but you won’t find those upgraded features in it.
Frequently Question Asked About Canon M50 and M100
|Can this camera use as a webcam?
Yes, you can use this as a webcam.
Does this camera has a Bluetooth connection?
Yes, it has, and it works beautifully. Try it now.
Does it has an HDMI connection and is capable of live streaming?
Yes, it does have an HDMI connection. And it will work to view pic and videos and, yes, live.
Is this camera suitable for vlogging?
It’s the perfect vlog and travel camera.
You may have interested in some other comparisons –