Canon m50 and m50 mark ii are two almost similar cameras, but we recommend the Canon M50 Mark II for you.
Why do We recommend Canon M50 Mark II?
- You will have a better run-time backup on M50 Mark II as it can shoot 350 shots with a single charge. On the other hand, Canon M50 can capture 235 shots per charge.
- Canon M50 Mark II’s large 24.1 Megapixels sensor helps to capture high-quality images with more details. On the contrary, Canon M50 has 20 Megapixels sensor that is not capable of capturing images like the Canon m50 mark ii.
- It is slightly lightweight compared to the M5o model. Hence you can hold the camera conveniently. However, it weighs 12.4 ounces, whereas its sibling 13.7 ounces.
These features will provide you with fantastic image and video quality. You can go with Canon M50 Mark II if you want the best one.
Similar Features Between Canon M50 & M50 Mark II
- Both devices come with a 24 mp APS-C-CMOS sensor which ensures impressive image quality.
- Their ISO 100-25600 helps to shoot long exposure images better.
- The display size is 3 inches. The ideal screen size makes it easy to operate.
Canon M50 vs M50 Mark II Comparison Chart
|Specification||Canon M50||Canon M50 Mark II|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches||9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches|
|Battery Life||235 shoots||305 shoots|
|Sensor resolution||24mp||24.1 mp|
|Continuous shooting speed||Ten fps||Ten fps|
|Has a touchscreen feature||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||13.1 ounces||1.5 pounds|
|Image processors||DIGIC 8||DIGIC 8|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Has an external memory slot||Yes||Yes|
|Phase detection autofocus for videos||Yes||No|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities & differences between Canon M50 and M50 Mark II
An ideal camera mainly depends on the camera’s size and weight. A lower weight is better than a heavy one. The Canon m50 weighs 13.1 ounces, and the other one weighs 1.5 pounds. So it’s clear Canon m50 is more comfortable to carry anywhere. Canon m50 has a dimension of 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches, and Canon m50 mark ii has 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches. Both cameras have the same Canon EF-M lens mount and APS-C-sized sensors.
Canon m50 has APS-C-sized 24-megapixel sensors while its competitors have 24.1 megapixels. Both devices have 143 focus points. They have phase detection autofocus for photos which captures the images with every detail. In this section for the sensor resolution, Canon m50 mark ii is best.
Lenses are essential for the camera. Canon m50 and m50 mark ii have the same lens mount. There are 23 lenses available for these cameras. These devices also have image stabilization in their body. Image stabilization captures more quality, full, and sharp images.
Canon m50 and m50 mark ii do not have any weather-sealed option. So if you shoot all day, then you must need protection for your camera. You can also buy a weather-sealed camera. There are a lot of weather-sealed cameras; just find what you need.
Both devices’ video sensors are almost identical, and they give you 4 k video quality. Canon m50 provides a phase-detection autofocus system, while m50 mark ii does not have this feature. With this feature, whenever you record a video, you will get sharp and smooth video footage.
This device has a continuous shooting speed. Canon m50 can capture 7.5 photos per second, besides Canon m50 mark ii capture ten images per second. Both cameras have a time-lapse function. You can record the long passage of time with speed up.
This camera gives you 305 shots, while the Canon m50 gives you 235 shots at a single charge. That means Canon m50 mark ii gives you a long time to photograph. Both cameras have battery level indicators, which means when the battery gets low, you will know automatically. If the battery gets damaged in any situation, you can remove the battery quickly, and the battery is rechargeable.
Some other features make these cameras more impressive. Both cameras can be connected with WiFi.You can control these devices remotely with any smartphone. There is also an external memory slot. Suppose you want to buy an extra memory card separately. Canon m50 has an NFC feature that allows a device to perform a simple wireless deal.
Both cameras have great specs. Both cameras give you full-quality images. But Canon m50 mark ii is a winner because of battery life, continuous shooting speed, and sensor resolution.Buywithme.org recommends you buy Canon m50 mark ii. Otherwise, the Canon m50 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon M50 vs M50 Mark II
Does it have a headphone jack?
No, this camera has a 3.5 mm microphone jack but no headphone jack.
Do I need an adapter lens for 14-15mm, including the kit?
No, use the old EF systems lenses.
Does this camera come with a warranty card, and where can I find information on the warranty card?
The camera will come with a one-year warranty and the warranty card provided by the authorized canon dealer. In the warranty period, if you feel any problem, then you can contract with the company site. You can also find all information about the warranty on the canon website.
You may have an interest in –
- Canon M6 Mark ii vs M50
- Canon Sl3 vs M50
- Canon G7X Mark ii vs Mark iii
- Nikon D5600 vs Canon T7i
- Nikon Z50 vs Z6
- Fuji XT3 vs Sony a7iii
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best