Why do I recommend the Sony a6000?
- Sony a6000 comes with a durable battery life that will last for 360 shots that allows you to cover a function without any pause, while the alternative will last for only 143 shots with a single charge.
- This camera has more focus points than the Canon m50. Thus, it will be easier to maintain focus on an object during shooting. There are a total of 179 focus points on this device, whereas the other one has 143 focus points.
- Sony a6000 captures continuous shooting at 11fps(frames per second) that will make you capture objects with finer details. Canon m50 does the same job at 10fps.
- Sony a6000 has a better sensor resolution than the competitor. The sensor resolution of this device is 24.3 megapixels, and Canon m50 has a sensor resolution of 24 megapixels.
- The ergonomic design of this device will surely provide you a solid grip to have a perfect balance. You may not get comfortable while using the Canon m50.
You will surely enjoy the Sony a6000 while shooting objects. If you want to capture the best, go for this one without any second thought.
Similar features between Canon m50 vs. Sony a6000
- The cameras come with a color variation. Thus, you have the option to choose your favorite color from the options.
- Both the devices have a standard ISO range of 100-25600 that will provide a perfect image in any light environment.
- They come with an electronic viewfinder so that you have an accurate visual of the object you’re about to click.
- The tiltable 3-inch display of the cameras will be perfect if you want to use the devices for self-recording.
So, after reading the similar features if you think the Canon M50 is better camera, you can select this one either.
|Specifications||Canon m50||Sony a6000|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Sensor Resolution||24 megapixels||24.3 megapixels|
|Battery Life||235 shots||360 shots|
|Product Dimension||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches||4.72 x 1.77 x 2.64 inches|
|Product Weight||0.86 lbs||0.76 lbs|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences & Similarities between Canon m50 vs. Sony a6000
The cameras have a different outlook that can be identifiable from the top view. You will feel very comfortable while using them because of the ergonomic design. They have color variants so that you can choose the one according to your preference.
Canon m50 allows you to select your object with a single tap on the screen to maintain the focus. The selection will work automatically even if the subject moves. If you have the Sony a6000, you won’t miss any moment because of the continuous shooting at 11fps. The phase-detection points will capture each detail of the object. The Eye detection AF of the devices will help you to shoot stunning portraits. You will be able to control focus on any human or animal because of this Eye detection feature.
Canon m50 comes with a 24 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor with eight image processors that will provide images with incredible color and precise details. On the other hand, the Sony a6000 has a 24.3-megapixel APS-C sensor with the BIONZ X image processor that reproduces textures and details in real-time thus, and the output will be delivered with enhanced quality. The image will be less noisy and more realistic.
You will get stunning videos from the devices. Canon m50 is capable of shooting 4K UHD videos with a 24p resolution. The video will be cinematic, with every detail you are witnessing with naked eyes. The other camera, the Sony a6000, is also capable of recording 4K videos with a better visual. There won’t be any lack of quality even if the subject moves.
Canon m50 comes with a touchscreen LCD display that lets you view the visuals with an exact color tone. The tiltable display will be perfect for you if you want to shoot your own video while vlogging. Sony a6000 comes with a 3-inch Xtra Fine LCD display that contains 921k dots thus you will get to see stunning visuals on the screen every time you capture anything.
The electronic viewfinder of the Canon m50 can be used in daylight as well. This camera comes with a high-resolution view of the object you’re about to click. The other one, the Sony a6000, comes with an OLED electronic viewfinder(EVF) that provides 100% frame coverage with corner-to-corner visibility.
You have the flexibility of multiple connectivity options to share your files while using the devices. They both are compatible with WiFi that can be used to transfer files quickly. The PlayMemories apps of the Sony a6000 will allow you to shoot and share your files without facing any complexation.
Durability & Warranty
The devices are excellent with all the specs they are providing. You will get a durable service from both cameras. They have an ergonomic build quality to provide you with long-term service. The manufacturers offer a 1-year of warranty for the devices for your peace of mind.
Canon m50 and Sony a6000 can be used for shooting quality images or recording cinematic videos as well. You will love the outputs for sure. Sony a6000 is excellent for shooting objects with finer details. You may choose the Canon m50 if you want to record videos in a higher resolution with video stabilization.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon m50 vs. Sony a6000
Is there any movie button on the Canon m50?
Sure. There is a movie button on the top of the Canon m50.
How can I transfer images while using the cameras?
You can transfer images through WiFi or using the PlayMemories app.
Do they both record videos at 4K?
Yes. You will be able to record 4K UHD videos on the devices.
Do they include an SD card?
No. You may check the description of the devices to check what’s included.
Do they both have Bluetooth connectivity?
Only the Canon m50 is compatible with Bluetooth
Find other camera related articles from the below links –
- Nikon D3500 vs Canon T6
- Fujifilm XT2 vs XT20
- Panasonic FZ300 vs FZ1000
- Panasonic GH4 vs G7
- Panasonic GH4 vs GH5
- Panasonic GX85 vs G7
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!