If you are confused to choose the best one between Canon M50 and Sony a6400, then We strongly suggest you Sony a6400 because of its impressive features and functions.
Why We Suggest Sony a6400?
- Sony a6400 comes with a better ISO range of 100-32000 which is very effective in taking sharp and stabilized photos during low light and sunlight as well. While the other one comes with an ISO range of 100-25600.
- This camera has a total of 425 focus points whereas the Canon M50 has only 145 focus points only. You can easily monitor and shoot an object with more focus points with this.
- Its fast internal processing and high-capacity buffer memory with 11 fps (frames per second) can capture around 116 standard shots in one continuous burst. Contrary, Canon M50 comes with only 7 fps.
- a6400 can capture up to 410 shots with a single charge. But, the alternative will last for only 235 shots with a full charge.
- Sony a6400 can record 5X slow-motion video in 120fps that look stunning but unfortunately, you won’t be able to shoot such quality slow-motion videos in the Canon M50.
All these unique specs will make you able to get the image exactly how you want. The quality will surely satisfy you with top-notch performance.
Similar Features of Canon M50 vs Sony a6400
- Canon M50 and Sony a6400 both cameras can shoot 4K range video which will be Full HD with photo-like sharpness, and vibrant color.
- Their LCD touchscreen helps to get desired focus for different kinds of touch operations that enable natural shooting and fast focus action.
- Both the cameras have a tiltable display that is perfect for vlogging, still photography, or filming a professional cinema.
Quick Comparison – Canon M50 vs Sony a6400
|Specifications||Canon M50||Sony a6400|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||235 shots||410 shots|
|Animal Eye AF||Yes||No|
|Battery||1 Lithium-ion Battery required(installed)||1 Lithium-ion Battery required(installed)|
|Display Type||Touchscreen LCD||Touchscreen LCD|
|Sensor Resolution||24 megapixels||24.2 megapixels|
|Product Dimension||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches||6.2 x 9.2 x 4.55 inches|
|Product Weight||0.87 lbs||1.70 lbs|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences & Similarities Between Canon M50 vs Sony a6400
The build quality and outlook of the devices are very premium. The buttons are placed well to make you feel comfortable while using them. They can be used for videography by tilting the screen. There are grips on where your hand will be placed to help you not get distracted.
The cameras are integrated with the latest sensors to provide you with the best output. Canon M50 comes with a CMOS AF sensor for accurate autofocus. This will let you shoot the moment exactly how you want. Sony a6400 comes with a 20.1MP stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor with DRAM. This camera has a large aperture of 24-70mm with 1.8-2.8f.
The Canon M50 comes with a wide-angle touchscreen LCD display that is tiltable. This display is perfect for high-angle and low-angle shooting. You will also feel very comfortable while reviewing your photos. The other one, the Sony a6400 also has a tiltable Touchscreen-LCD screen. You will get the advantage while recording a professional film and still photography as well.
You will be able to select the display with just a single tap on the screen. The Canon M50 will then automatically track them even if they move. This AF tracking will provide you with a sharp image with full details. On the other hand, the Sony a6400 comes with real-time tracking with Fast-Hybrid AF.
This device has an object recognition algorithm that processes color, subject distance, and brightness as spatial performance. The AI will do the rest for you and thus the captured image will have full accuracy and precision.
Canon M50 comes with an Eye-AF feature. The camera will automatically detect the eyes whether it’s an animal or a human. So there is no problem even if the object moves. You will always get a clean portrait that will be obviously stunning. The Sony a6400 doesn’t have the animal Eye-AF feature though it has real-time Eye-AF tracking. The real-time tracking will keep the focus with maximum accuracy even if the object is moving.
The cameras have a different ISO range. Sony a6400 comes with an ISO range of 100-32000. This device will capture images without any noise in low light as well. The other one, the Canon M50 comes in a different range. This device has an ISO range of 100-25600. If you want to have a better image in low light without any noise then undoubtedly, the Sony a6400 is the better option for you.
You can use the tiltable screens during self-recording. This feature is a must for video vlogging. Canon M50 is lightweight and will be perfect for this purpose. On the other hand, the Sony a6400 also has a 180-degree fully tiltable LCD screen for self-recording. This compact camera will make you feel comfortable for any streaming or video making.
The devices will produce stunning 4K videos. Canon M50 can record up to 4K UHD in 24p which will add a cinematic look to your video. You can also record 1080p slow-motion video in 120p HD. Sony a6400 can record 4K QFHD video as well. This device can be used to record 5x slow motion in HD with 120fps.
Connectivity & Battery
Both devices are very simple to pair. Canon M50 has built-in WiFi & NFC. This one is compatible with the Bluetooth option too. The other one, the Sony a6400 is also compatible with WiFi that making you able to transfer the files as fast as possible.
The Sony a6400 will allow you to shoot for a long time because of the durable battery. You can capture up to 410 shots in a single charge. The Canon M50 can shoot 235 images with a full charge.
The cameras come in a variety of included components. You can choose the lens you want while purchasing. They come with 55-210mm, 50mm, 18-135mm, 18-105mm, and 16-50mm types of lenses. You can purchase with required kits for video. The Canon M50 has a white variant of the body for your information. If you don’t like black you check this one as well.
Durability & Warranty
Both the cameras have a top-notch build quality and they will surely provide you a long-term service. You can use them year after year as there was no objection from the users about the durability. Both the manufacturers offer a 1-year of warranty for the devices.
There is no doubt that both the camera will produce high-resolution images and videos. You will get extraordinary images by using the Sony a6400 because of the enhanced ISO range and higher focus points. If you prefer videography or self video-recording you may choose the Canon M50.
FAQ about Canon M50 vs Sony a6400
|What are the fps during shooting 4K video in the a6400?
Sony a6400 shoots 4K video at 30fps.
Is it possible to use the a6300 lens with a6400?
Sure. Sony a6400 is compatible with these lenses.
Are they both mirrorless cameras?
Yes. They both are mirrorless cameras.
How good is the Canon M50 for low-light?
It’s pretty good as this one comes with 100 base ISO.
Do I need to purchase a battery?
No. They both have pre-installed batteries.
Read more related articles here.
- Canon T6 vs T7
- GoPro Hero 8 VS 9
- GoPro Hero 7 VS 8
- Canon t7 vs t7i
- Canon g7x vs Mark iv
- Canon M6 vs M50
- Panasonic ZS100 vs ZS200
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best