Canon M50 vs T7i – Check Why Canon M50 is Better than T7i!
The Canon M50 and T7i are two excellent cameras from the Canon brand. Between these two, we strongly recommend Canon M50 because it contains some impressive features.
Why do We recommend Canon M50?
- Canon M50 provides you 143 focus points, while Canon T7i gives you only 45 focus points. The maximum focus point gives you more flexibility to capture a stunning image with sharp details.
- It comes with a DIGIC 8 Image Processor, which helps to improve autofocus performance that enables you to shoot 4K UHD 24p video and also take impressively lifelike photos.
- EOS M50’s continuous shooting speed is ten fps, besides its competitor’s shooting speed is six fps. Higher continuous shooting helps you to get several shots of a fast-moving subject to ensure you shoot the moment you want.
- This camera gives you 100% viewfinder coverage, while Canon T7i provides 95% viewfinder coverage. Canon m50 gives you 5% more coverage. The higher viewfinder composes the image correctly whenever you capture the photo.
- Canon M50 comes with 4k, 3840 x 2160p video resolution that provides stunningly detailed video with a cinematic look. In contrast, the other one can give you Full HD 1920 x 1080p video resolution.
These are the key points that make Canon M50 a better option than the Canon T7i. So, if you are searching for an ideal camera for you that will be a great choice, you should choose Canon M50.
- Canon M50 and T7i come with a Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD, which lets you see the image or video you’re about to capture and takes creative shots.
- Both have built-in WiFi, NFC, and Bluetooth that allows you to effortlessly transfer or share your images with others.
Canon M50 vs T7i Comparison Chart
|Specification||Canon M50||Canon T7i|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Weight||13.1 ounces||1.18 pounds|
|Video Resolution||4k||Full HD|
|Sensor Resolution||24 megapixel||24 megapixel|
|Screen Size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Phase Detection Auto Focus||Yes||No|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Ten fps||5fps|
|Battery Life||235 shoots||600 shoots|
|Battery Level Indicator||Yes||Yes|
|External Memory Slot||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities & differences Between Canon M50 and T7i
These two cameras come in a stylish design. This camera is easy for beginners. If we talk about their weight, then the Canon m50 is lighter than the Canon t7i. The Canon m50 weighs 13.1 ounces, and the other one weighs 1.18 pounds.
The dimension of this product is 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches, and the Canon t7i dimension is 3 x 5.2 x 3.9 inches. If you search for an ideal camera, then size and weight is the main factor. The lightweight Canon m50 is the best choice for you.
The display in Canon m50 and t7i seems almost the same. Their display size is 3 inches. Both devices also can be controlled by the touch screen feature. You can flip out the screen for the tricky shoot. Overall both device displays are good enough. In this section, both win.
For the perfect picture, autofocus is a crucial feature. Canon m50 is a better camera with 143 autofocus points. On the other hand, the Canon t7i provides 45 autofocus points. With the help of autofocus, you can capture the perfect picture of a moving object. And it makes your images smoother.
Continuous Shooting Speed:
These two cameras are also capable of continuous shooting performance for the perfect action click. Canon m50 provides ten fps continuous shooting speed per second. In contrast, the Canon t7i gives a five fps continuous shooting speed. So, Canon m50is best because it provides ten frames per second.
Canon t7i stays longer with you. Canon t7i can take 600 shots with a single charge. Besides, its competitor only stays with you for 235 shoots. Now it’s clear that Canon m50 gives you a long time to photograph. If you want to shoot outside for a long time, then go for the Canon t7i.
Like a camera, video quality is an essential part. Canon m50 can shoot 4k quality videos, and Canon t7i can shoot Full HD quality videos. For beginners, 4k quality video resolution is best. So.choose Canon m50 for this video quality. In this section, Canon m50 wins.
The number of lenses is also crucial for any camera. Whenever we see available lenses for these cameras, the Canon t7i has 326 lenses for Canon t7i cameras.
In contrast, there are only 23 lenses for Canon m50. Canon m50 big advantages are there is a sensor and the ability of image stabilization. On the other hand, the Canon t7i does not have this feature. Image stabilization also helps to click the picture perfectly.
Durability and Warranty:
These devices are made from some strong materials. That makes the device more durable and robust. Canon will offer you a 1-year warranty from the date of product purchasing; if your product is damaged, then the company service this product.
If you are a new photographer, these two cameras have all the features needed to capture a photo. But the Canon m50 provides you with more new features than Canon T7i. So for better experiences and long-term uses, you should get this Canon M50.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon M50 vs T7i
|Does this camera have a Bluetooth connection?
Yes, this device is compatible with WiFi, NFC, and Bluetooth.
What is the largest size of memory that can be used with this camera?
You can use up to 128 GB of memory storage with this memory storage.
Does the screen rotate all the way around?
Yes, it does, it is a touch screen, and that can be toggled on or off. It opens 180 degrees and rotates 180 degrees one way.
Will my t5i battery work with t7i?
No. The t5i takes an LP-8 battery, and the t7i takes an LP-E17 battery.
Do you want to read more comparisons? Check the below links –