Canon m6 and m50 both have similar features, but the Canon m50 is the best camera. Check the below section to know why Canon m50 is best.
What makes it the best?
- The Canon M50 DSLR camera comes with 143 focus points, while the Canon m6 has only 49 focus points. More focus points will make it easy to track and maintain the focus of the object to capture the best image.
- Canon m50 has an extended ISO of 100-51200 that helps to shoot long exposure images better. The Canon m6 comes with an ISO range of 100-25600.
- It works fast with 10-fps during a continuous shot, and Canon m6 works slowly while taking the same photos in 9-fps. Also, the frame of the Canon m50 will provide you with better graphics.
- This device comes with a face detection autofocus system. So whenever you record a scene with many fast-moving objects, face detection autofocus makes this footage more precise and sharper. On the other hand, Canon m6 also has this face detection autofocus system, but it has more limitations.
- Canon m50 can record slow-motion videos, but unfortunately, you won’t shoot such quality slow-motion videos in the canon m6.
These specs will give you advantages in every sector. Canon m50 is the best choice, and you will enjoy this camera.
Similar Features of Canon M6 vs M50
- They both have a 24mo-APS-C CMOS sensor which ensures impressive image quality.
- Both camera’s screen size is 3 inches. The ideal screen size makes it easy to operate.
- Their screen can be flip-out which is helpful for capturing tricky shots.
- They have a microphone input. That provides better quality audio recording.
Comparison Chart: Canon M6 vs M50
|Specification||Canon m6||Canon m50|
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||0.9 pounds||13.7 ounces|
|Continuous shooting speed||9fps||10fps|
|Video resolution||4k||Full HD|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Battery life||295 shoots||235 shoots|
|It has a battery level indicator||Yes||Yes|
|It has a flip-out screen||Yes||Yes|
|Has a hot shoe||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Canon M6 vs M50
A good camera depends on its size and design. Canon m6 external dimension is 1.8 x 4.4 x 2.7 inches and weight is 0.9 pounds, While another one external dimension is 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches and weight is 13.1 ounces. The Canon m6 is smaller than Canon m50. So, in this section Canon m6 is best.
This camera has 3 inches fully articulated screen, and the Canon m6 has 3 inches tilting screen. Boh device displays can be flip-out easily so you can take a tricky shot. You can control these devices with a touchscreen function. Both device’s viewfinder coverage is 100% so that you can compose the image correctly.
Canon m6 and Canon m50 have APS-C Sized 24mp resolution sensors. Canon m50 comes with 143 focus points, while its competitor comes with 49 focus points. The more focus point gives them more flexibility in picking which part of the scene to focus on. It also provides better image quality. This device’s continuous shooting speed is 10fps, while canon m6 continuous shooting speed is 9fps. In this section, the Canon m50 is the best choice because of its higher focus point and higher continuous shooting speed.
Canon m6 and m50 both cameras have the same EF-M lens mount, and there are 23 lenses for these cameras. Image stabilization is also crucial for any camera. Canon m50 has this image stabilization, while the other one does not have this feature. You have to buy this lens separately to make your camera image stabilized.
Canon m50 video resolution is 4k-3840 x 2160p while other one video resolution is Full HD 1920 x 1080p. The maximum video resolution makes the video more quality full. Canon m50 has phase detection autofocus, but the other one does not have this feature. This camera has a time-lapse function, while Canon m6 does not have this feature. The timelapse function shows the long passage of time speed up.
Canon m50 can take up 295 shots, and Canon m6 can take 235 photos at a single charge. Both camera batteries can be removable and rechargeable. This camera has a battery-level indicator. If the battery gets low, then it will notify you.
Both devices are connected with WiFi and can be controlled with a remote controller. This camera has an eternal memory slot. There is an NFC feature that performs simple wireless transactions.
Both are impressive devices, without any doubt. Some advanced features like a more significant focus point, a more extensive ISO range, and higher continuous shooting speed make the Canon m50 winner. Otherwise, the Canon m6 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Canon M6 vs M50
Can I use an external microphone with these cameras?
Yeah, there’s a port on the side of the M6 to connect an external microphone.
Does this make a shutter snapping noise when you take a photo?
Yes, it does. But not very loud.
Does this have an HDMI connection making it capable of live streaming?
It does have an HDMI connection, and you can use this for live streaming.
Is this camera suitable for vlogging?
It’s a perfect vlogging and travel camera.
Check below to know more comparisons –
- Nikon Z50 vs Canon M50
- Canon M50 vs M50 Mark ii
- Canon M6 Mark ii vs M50
- Canon Sl3 vs M50
- Canon G7X Mark ii vs Mark iii
- Nikon D5600 vs Canon T7i
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best