Why Canon R the best?
- This camera has 5655 focus points, and Canon RP has 4779 focus points. The maximum focus point gives a more quality full image and identifies the right area of the scene.
- It has a 0.28% larger sensor with the primary camera. This camera sensor size is 36 x 24mm, while the Canon RP sensor size is 35.9 x 24mm. More significant sensors capture more sharp images.
- Canon R comes with a 30.3 megapixel with the main camera, besides its competitor has 26.2 megapixels. Canon R offers 16.65% more megapixels than Canon RP. The number of megapixels determines the resolution of the captured image and captures the image with more details.
- This camera takes 370 shots per charge, and Canon RP takes 250 shots per charge. It has 120 shots longer battery life than Canon RP.
- This camera comes with 8fps continuous shooting speed, while Canon RP comes with 5 fps continuous shooting speed. More fast continuous shooting speed is used for catching action shots.
- Canon R provides a 50% faster maximum shutter speed. It has 1/8000s shutter speed, and the other one has 0.000025s shutter speed. The faster shutter speed allows the captured image of a fast-moving object without any blur.
- This camera display size is 3.2 inches, and the Canon RP display size is 3 inches. A bigger display size gives better experiences to the user.
These features mentioned above are the main reason for recommending Canon R. We hope now you understand why this device will give you full advanced performance.
- Both cameras’ ISO range is 100-40000.
- Their compatible mount is the Canon RF mount.
- They have a weather sealing feature.
- Both devices can flip out their screen.
- They have a CMOS sensor.
- They have a battery level indicator.
- They have a stereo microphone.
Canon R vs RP – Comparison Table
|Specification||Canon R||Canon RP|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Product dimension||3.3 x 5.3 x 3.9 inches||2.8 x 5.2 x 3.3 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||8fps||5fps|
|Sensor Size||36 x 24mm||35.9 x 24mm|
|Battery Life||370 shots||250 shots|
|It has a flip-out screen||Yes||yes|
|It has a hot shoe||Yes||Yes|
|Screen resolution||2100k dots||1040k dots|
|Screen size||3.2 inches||3 inches|
|Battery Power||1865 mah||1040 mah|
|It has a battery level indicator||Yes||Yes|
|It has a CMOS sensor||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences Between Canon R VS Canon RP
Canon RP is smaller than Canon R. Its body 13mm shorter,14mm thinner than Canon R. Size and weight is a big factor for any camera. This camera’s weight is 660g, and the external dimension is 3.3 x 5.3 x 3.9 inches. Besides, Canon RP’s body weight is 485g, and the external dimension is 2.8 x 5.2 x 3.3 inches. Canon RP is lighter than others, which may become a big advantage, especially on long walking trips.
This camera display is 3.2 inches, and the Canon RP display is 3 inches. The more prominent display gives the best experiences. Their display can be flip-out easily. You can control these devices by using your finger. Both cameras have 100% viewfinder coverage.
Both cameras have weather-sealed features on their body. It’s a great feature so you can shoot all day long. Canon R has a dustproof and water resistance option, Canon RP does not have this feature.
Canon R has a 30.3 mp APS-C CMOS sensor and its features with DIGIC 8 processor. In contrast, its competitor Canon RP has a 26.2 mo APS-C CMOS sensor. Both cameras have the same level ISO range of 100- 40000. They have phase detection autofocus for photos that makes the image more quality full.
The number of lenses is also an essential part of any camera. Both cameras have the same camera mount, Canon RF mount. They have 22 available lenses that can cover the full-frame sensor of these cameras. Another essential feature is image stabilization, but sadly none of these bodies has an image stabilization feature. You can buy an extra lens for image stabilization.
This camera provides you longer battery life than Canon RP. It can take 370 shots at a single charge, whereas Canon RP can take 250 images at a single charge. Both cameras have a battery level indicator. If the battery gets damaged, then you can remove it easily.
Continuous shooting speed
This camera comes with 8fps continuous shooting speed, and Canon RP comes with 5fps continuous shooting speed. The faster, continuous shooting speed is useful for catching action shots. Both cameras have two stages of shutter speed. Canon R has the fastest shutter speed of 1/8000s, and Canon RP has 0.000025s; faster shutter speed mainly helps to capture a fast-moving object without making any blur.
Both camera video resolutions are 4 k -3840p x 2160p .They have phase-detection autofocus for a video that makes the video more sharp and clear. Both devices have a time-lapse function that shows a long passage of time sped up. Canon R supports slow-motion video recording, and the other one does not have this feature.
Both cameras support WiFi. Both cameras have an HDMI output that can transfer high-definition video and audio to display. Both cameras have an external memory card slot so that you can add an external memory card. They have a serial shots mode that allows you to shoot multiple photos in a row.
In the box
The Canon R comes with –
- Canon EOS R Body.
- 1 x LP-E6N Battery.
- LC-E6E Battery Charger.
- Micro USB Cable.
- Shoulder Strap.
- RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM Lens.
- Lens Case.
- Lens Hood.
The Canon RP provides –
- Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- Canon LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack.
- Canon LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack.
- Canon R-F-5 Camera Cover.
- ER-EOSRP Strap.
There is no more confusion about which camera is best. A higher focus point, longer battery life, higher sensor resolution, etc., makes Canon R best. So, I strongly suggest you go with that camera. Canon RP is also a good choice, if you love its features, choose this one instead of the other one.
Frequently Question Asked About Canon R and Canon RP
|Does this come with an adapter?|
The camera only included-
Canon LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
Canon LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack
Canon R-F-5 Camera Cover
Limited 1-Year Warranty
How to buy an extra battery?
Amazon sells Canon batteries, as well as other brands, and they have worked fine.
What Canon lens hood will fit this lens?
This offer is for a body only. No lens included, so no lens hood required. Canon currently has 22 RF mount lenses available or announced for release soon to fit this camera. They also have different lens hoods for most of them.
Does it work with any remote control for taking pictures?
This one works pretty well: Canon 2140C001 Wireless Remote Control BR-E1.
You may want to learn more comparisons about the camera, check below –
- Sony a7s ii vs a7r ii
- Sony a9 vs a7riv
- Nikon D5300 vs D3500
- Nikon D3300 vs D3400
- Nikon D5300 vs D5600
- Sony a7 vs a7r