Canon R6 and Sony a7iii DSLR devices are built with almost the same features, but a few upgraded things make the Sony a7iii a better choice. Check out the quick differences –
|Canon R6||Sony a7iii|
|Canon R6 has a 20mp camera.||Sony a7iii combined with a 24.2 mp image sensor.|
|You can click 360 shots on a single charge on this device.||The a7iii lets you capture up to 610 shots.|
|It has 1053 focus points.||The a7iii has 693 focus points.|
|Canon comes with a DIGIC X image processor.||Sony integrated with BIONZ X image processor.|
|The ISO range of this camera is 100-102400.||The ISO range of this device is 50 to 204800.|
|Check Canon Price at Amazon||Check Sony Price at Amazon|
Sony a7iii has upgraded features, and we strongly recommend this device for you. Still confused? Read on the details –
Why do We suggest Sony a7iii?
- Sony a7iii has a 24.2-megapixel main camera, which allows you to capture images with more details and clarity. In contrast, the Canon R6 has a 20-megapixel that provides a bit less quality.
- It’s BIONZ X image processor with an ISO of 50 to 204800 helps to shoot high-quality photos and videos in nearly any lighting condition. On the contrary, the R6 comes with a DIGIC X Image Processor with the ISO range of 100-102400, which suffers from providing high resolution in dimly-lit weather.
- Sony a7iii is 20g lighter than the Canon R6. This device’s weight is 650g, and Canon’s r6 weight is 680g. A lighter weight lets you comfortably capture for a long session.
- It gives you 610 shots at one charge; its competitor also gives you 360 shots. More battery life means you can cover any event without worrying about the charge.
- This camera has a stereo microphone that makes your audio quality more detailed and clearer than ever. On the other hand, its competitor does not have this function.
So, these things make the Sony a7iii the best; it’s a perfect camera for you. Just choose wisely when you buy any product.
Similar Features of Canon R6 vs Sony a7iii
- Canon R6 and Sony a7iii have a stereo speaker that allows recording audio files without an external microphone.
- Both camera video resolutions are 2160p x 60 fps. The higher resolution makes the video quality better.
- They have a battery level indicator. When the battery gets low, it will notify you.
Comparison Chart: Canon R6 vs Sony a7iii
|Specification||Canon R6||Sony a7iii|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimensions||5 x 3.88 x 3 inches||3.48 x 5.45 x 3.84 inches|
|Screen SIze||3 inches||3 inches|
|Video capture resolution||2160 p||2160p|
|Number of microphones||1||2|
|Has battery indicator||Yes||Yes|
|It has a flip-out screen||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities Between Canon R6 vs Sony a7iii
Sensors and image quality:
Basically, these cameras use full-frame sensors. Canon r6 has 20mp, whereas sony a7iii has 24.2 mp. We know that a higher sensor makes the quality of the image better and clearer. In this section, it’s clear Sony a7iii gives you the best image quality than the Canon r6.
To choose an ideal camera, we need to look at weight and product Dimensions. Canon r6 dimensions are 3.48 x 5.45 x 3.84 inches and weight is 680g.Besides, its competitor dimensions are 5 x 3.8 x 3 inches, and its weight is 650g.
If you are a professional outdoor photographer, weight matters. More lightweight is more comfortable to carry anywhere. Both devices’ screen size is 3 inches. Both devices’ screens can be flipped out. This camera has a weather-sealed feature that protects your device from dust, raindrops, and water splash. In this section, the Sony a7iii is a win because of its lower weight.
The lens is an essential part of any camera. If we look at the lens for both cameras, we can see that the Sony a7iii has more advantages than the canon r6. There are 143 E-mount lenses available for Sony a7iii, while there are only 22 lenses for Canon r6 lens mount.
Image stabilization is also an important feature. Both cameras have an image stabilization system. In this section, the Sony a7iii is a win because of its lenses.
The maximum video resolution means better quality video footage. Both cameras give 2160p x 60 fps video resolution. This device has a phase-detection autofocus system. Whenever you shoot a fast-moving object, it makes the video more sharp and clear.
These devices support slow-motion video recording. The smooth slow-motion mainly depends on camera capabilities. If you want to make films with motion characteristics, you need a 24p video format; both cameras have this feature.
More microphones give you a clearer sound. It also can filter out the background noise. Sony a7iii has 2 microphones, and Canon r6 has 1 microphone. A stereo microphone allows recording audio without any external audio. Sony a7iii has this feature, whereas Canon r6 does not have this feature. So in this section, the Sony a7iii is the best choice.
Both devices have almost the same feature. These devices support WiFi and can be controlled remotely. You can use your smartphone to control that device. This camera has a dual memory slot that allows you to store more photos without removing any card. These devices have an HDMI port that can transfer high-definition video and audio to a display.
Sony a7iii has more battery life than Canon r6. It can take 610 shots, and the Canon r6 gives 360 shots before the battery dies. So for the outdoor photographer, the Sony a7iii is best for battery life.
Both devices have battery level indicators, meaning you know that when the battery gets low. You can change or replace your battery if it gets low or damaged.
In the box: with Canon r6-
- Canon R6 Body.
- Camera Cover R-F-5.
- Strap ER-EOS R6.
- Battery Charger LC-E6E.
- Battery LP-E6NH.
- Battery Pack Cover.
- AC Cable.
With Sony a7iii-
- Sony a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- Sony AC Adapter.
- Micro-USB Cable.
- Sony ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras.
- Accessory Shoe Cap.
- Eyepiece Cup.
- Shoulder Strap.
Durability and Warranty:
If we ask questions about durability, we can see that these camera bodies and frames are made with solid material. So it’s more long-lasting. This company gives a 1-year warranty from the date of product buying. If you face any accident or damage, then you can contract with their helpline. They will provide you with proper service.
There is almost the same feature between these two cameras. But some differences make Sony a 7iii best. The higher sensors, lightweight, more long-lasting battery life, etc, make us strongly suggest you Sony a7iii. Canon R6 is also a great choice. Think before selecting one.
Frequently Question Asked about Canon R6 vs Sony a7iii
|Can this camera capture soft images?
It mainly depends on what lens you are using. The Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM & FE 100mm f2.8 STF GM lenses can capture more sharp and soft images.
Does this come with a lens hood?
No, with the Canon r6 it does not come. The higher RF lens gives you a lens hood.
Does it come with a memory card?
No, you have to buy it separately. There is also an external memory slot, you can add more storage.
Find more camera-related comparisons here –