Why I recommend Canon SL3?
- Canon SL3 comes with new DEGIC 8 processors, whereas the Canon SL2 has DIGIC 7 processors. A newer image processor is better at processing multiple tasks, and you can capture high-quality images in low-light situations.
- This camera comes with 4k, 3840-2160p video resolution, and canon SL2 provides you full HD 1920-1080p video resolution. A better resolution makes your video quality much better.
- SL3 has a dual-pixel CMOS AF with eye-detection AF that gives more realistic photos as you want. On the contrary, Canon SL2 does not have an affected eye detection feature.
- This device can shoot up to 1070 photos with a single charge while its competitor shoots only 650 shots. Canon SL3 has longer battery life that lets you shoot more photographs.
- Canon SL3 weighs 449 grams, and the other one weighs 453 grams. Thus, lightweight ensures ease of use for a long session.
Now you know all the key features that made Canon SL3 the best camera. For those features, I suggest you buy Canon SL3. To check the price just click the button below.
- Canon SL2 and SL3’s screen size is 3 inches. A bigger screen allows seeing the details of any object to capture amazing photos.
- They can flip out their screen which is useful for capturing tricky shots.
- They have CMOS sensors that help to shoot photos or videos with fine details and realistic color.
- Both have a stereo microphone that allows recording audio files without an external microphone.
Both cameras provide these similar functions with them. If you are happy with these functions then you can Canon SL2 or SL3. But if you want the improved features then you have to pick Canon SL3.
|Specification||Canon sl2||Canon sl3|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||453 grams||449 grams|
|Processor||DIGIC 7||DIGIC 8|
|Video||Full HD 1080p||4k|
|Continuous shooting speed||5 fps||5fps|
|Product dimension||2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches||2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches|
|Screen Size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Canon sl2 and sl3
Design: Weight and size are essential if you want to choose an ideal camera for yourself. Canon sl3 weighs lighter than sl2, and I believe that lighter weight is much better than a heavy one because it’s easy to carry anywhere. Both device dimensions are exactly 2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches. Their screen size is 3 inches, and the screen can be flip-out for taking tricky shots. A touch screen can control both devices. Both devices have almost the same design, and just weight is the main difference. If you are a new photographer, then you should choose Canon sl3 for its lightweight.
Sensors: Canon sl2 and sl3 both devices have APS-C sized 24 mp resolution sensors. So there are no differences in their sensors. Both cameras have the Canon EF/EF-S mount and APS-C sized sensors. In this section, both camera sensors are suitable so that you can choose any one of them.
Lenses: The number of lenses is always crucial for your camera. Currently, 326 lenses can be used in these cameras. Image stabilization is an essential part of any camera, but no image stabilization is included in their body. You need to buy a separate lens for the image stabilization feature. Both device lenses are best. Choose carefully what exactly you need.
Video: Canon sl3 is the first rebel camera that provides 4k video, while Canon sl2 offers full HD video with 1080p resolution. Both devices also have a timelapse function which shows a long passage of time speeds up more. It’s a perfect way to capture a long-period photograph. They are supported by 24p cinema mode. That means you can make film-like motion characteristics.
Battery Life: Battery life is also important for any kind of camera. You can take 1070 shoots with this camera, whereas with Canon sl2 you can capture 650 shoots with a single charge. Canon Sl3 gives you longer battery life. For outdoor shooting, Canon Sl3 is a good choice. Both devices have battery level indicators that notify you whenever the battery gets low. If the battery gets damaged, then you can remove it quickly.
Others feature: Both devices can connect with WiFi.You can control these devices with remote controllers. You can also manage your device with your smartphone. Both devices have an external memory card slot that enables you to extend the built-in internal storage. But there is no dual memory card slot in their bodies.
In the box: With Canon sl2-
- Canon SL2 DSLR Camera with 18-55 IS STM mm Lens.
- LP-E17 Battery.
- LC-E17 Charger.
- Body Cap
- Canon Strap.
With Canon sl3-
- The camera body with body-lens cap inserted.
- An EOS 70D-labeled camera strap.
- The Canon LL-E6 battery charger.
- One LP-E6 battery.
Final word: After the discussion about all of these features, we learned that there are many similarities between Canon sl2 and sl3. For battery life, upgraded image processors, and 4k video resolution, I strongly suggest you buy Canon sl3. This device will be your best choice; otherwise, Canon sl2 is also a good choice.
Frequently Question Asked About Canon al2 and sl3
|What type of lenses does it take?|
Any EF-lens.You can also use Ef lenses, but that is more expensive.
Does it have a mic input?
Yes, the Canon sl3 has a mic input.
Where is it made?
There is an identification on the US made.
Will standard lenses that fit a canon 35mm fit this camera?
Only Canon and Tamron EF and EF-S mount lenses will fit this Canon EOS Rebel SL3 camera. If you remove the top lens cap on the Canon lenses, it will say EF or EF-S. Sometimes this is written on the body of Canon lenses. No other lenses will fit this camera. Nikon lenses, Canon RF, and EF-M lenses will NOT work on this camera.
You may have interest in –