Canon SL3 and T7i are both excellent cameras. If you compare both, then you would see Canon SL3 has got some advanced features that made it the best.
Which Features Made Canon SL3 Best?
- Canon SL3 has HDR built-in mode, so it can shoot automatically with a higher dynamic range. Besides its competitor doesn’t include this type of function.
- It has a phase-detection autofocus system that makes the video sharp and clear whenever recording a scene with a fast-moving object. In comparison, Canon t7i does not have this feature.
- EOS SL3 camera is built with the new DIGIC 8 that helps to produce a high image quality and fast operation even in low light. In contrast, the T7i includes DIGIC 7 which can’t deliver like the other camera.
- Rebel SL3’s built-in Creative Assist feature helps you find just the right look to match the emotion or tone of the image with effects such as brightness, contrast, and saturation. But T7i doesn’t come with this option.
- Canon SL3 gives you 1070 shoots with a single charge. On the other hand, the Canon t7i gives you 600 shots. This will give you more shots before the battery dies, that’s why it’s perfect for the all-day shoot.
- This device’s weight is 1.5 pounds, while the Canon t7i weight is 1.18 pounds. Lightweight is better than heavyweight. Because it’s more comfortable to carry anywhere.
So these things make Canon SL3 the best camera for you. Judge all the features and decide what you need.
Similar Features of Canon SL3 vs T7i
- Both cameras give you 95% viewfinder coverage to achieve sharp focus in an instant to capture the action even in bright light situations.
- They have Vari-angle Touch Screen LCD that would be ideal for composing and reviewing your photos, including selfies or other images.
- Their Dual Pixel CMOS AF ensures fast and accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens.
- These devices come with a stereo microphone. So, you don’t need any additional mic for recording videos.
- They have a battery level indicator that will warn when the battery is about to die.
You are gonna get these similar functions with both DSLR cameras. But if you need the best performance with improved facilities then you have to select Canon SL3.
Quick Comparison: Canon SL3 vs T7i
|Specifications||Canon sl3||Canon t7i|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Weight||1.5 pounds||1.18 pounds|
|Dimensions||2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches||3 x 5.2 x 3.9 inches|
|Battery life||1070 shoots||600 shoots|
|Continuous shooting speed||5 fps||6 fps|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Sensors resolution||24 mp||24.20 mp|
|Video resolution||4k||1080p,Full HD|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
Differences and similarities between Canon SL3 vs T7i
There are main differences in their weight. A lightweight is more comfortable to carry anywhere. This device’s weight is 1.5 pounds, while the Canon t7i weight is 1.18 pounds. So the Canon t7i is lighter than the other one. It was more suitable for the beginner.
Both cameras have the same EF/EFS lens mount and APS-C-sized sensors. These devices have the same lens mount, so you can use the same lenses in your camera. Weight is a big factor in choosing the best camera. For this reason, Canon sl3 is the best choice.
Basically, image sensors make the image quality better. A big-size sensor has a larger pixel unit that provides you low-light susceptibility, a wider range, and a rich color depth. The large sensor camera gives the photographer extra features when using depth-of-field to isolate the subject from its background. Canon sl3 and Canon t7i both camera sensor size is 24mp.These cameras also have a native ratio of 3.2.
The number of lenses is an essential part whenever you buy a camera. Both cameras have the same EF/EF-S mount lens. There is another crucial factor, and that is image stabilization. But these cameras do not have any image stabilization system. For this feature, you have to buy an extra optical stabilization feature. In this section, both win.
Both cameras have some differences in their feature. Both cameras support WiFi.You can use these cameras directly by remote control. If you want, you can include an optional remote controller. This device has an external memory slot that allows you to extend the memory storage.
You can easily retrieve data, photographs from memory with this camera. Both devices have HDMI ports that transfer high-definition video and audio to the display. Canon sl3 has a built-in intervalometer option. That enables the photographer to capture the time leaps photos without buying an extra camera trigger and software.
Canon sl3 and Canon t7i do not have any weather-sealed option. There is no weather seal option in their body. It’s a problem for any professional photographer. So I have to be extra careful whenever you are doing a shoot outside the home.
The battery is the more important part of any device. Canon sl3 gives you 1270 shots at one charge, while Canon t7i gives 600 shoots. Its clear Canon sl3 gives you more battery life, and you can shoot more images. These cameras have an image indicator system that notifies you whenever the battery gets low. If your battery destroys or is damaged, then you can easily remove it and change the battery.
The maximum resolution footage gives you good quality full video. These devices give you 2160 x 25 fps, besides Canon t7i has 1080 x 60 fps. Now it’s clear Canon sl3 provides you with the best video quality. This camera also has a phase-detection autofocus system, when recording a screen with a lot of faster-moving objects, the videos are sharp and clear.
On the other hand, the Canon t7i does not have any phase-detection autofocus system. Both devices have a timelapse function. You can take pictures from the same placement for a long period of time, as the sun, clouds moving towards the sky.
Durability and Warranty
These devices are made with some unique materials. So, it makes the device more durable, and it is more long-lasting. Both give you a 1-year warranty from the pride of buying date. You have to need a warranty card whenever there is an issue with your devices, and you can contract with their site.
In the box
With canon sl3-
- A canon sl3 DSLR camera
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens
- Canon LP-E17 lithium battery pack
- Canon LC-E17 charger for LP-E17 battery pack
- CanonRF-3 body cap for the camera
- Canon eyecup EF
- EW-400D-N Neck Strap
With Canon t7i-
- Battery charger (LC-E17)
- Battery pack (LP-E17, with battery cover)
- Camera cover (R-F-3)
- EF-S 18-55mm Lens
- Eyecup Ef
- Lens Cap (E-58II)
- Lens dust cup.
- Neck strap (EW-400D
If you are searching for the best camera for you, then Canon sl3 is the right choice for you. Both cameras have almost the same features, but there are some differences like video resolution, camera weight, Phase detection autofocus system, etc. These features make Canon Sl3 the best. Otherwise, the Canon t7i is also a good choice.
Frequently questions asked about Canon SL3 vs T7i
|What type of Lens can I use?
You can use any EF-S lens. You can also use EF lenses which are very expensive and larger in size.
Does it have a mic?
Yes, Canon sl3 has a mic input.
Does this camera come with a memory card?
No, there is no memory card. You have to buy a memory card separately.
What is the warranty policy?
Both cameras come with a one-year limited warranty period.
Find more camera comparison articles here.
- Canon R5 vs R6
- Nikon D3300 vs D3500
- Fujifilm xt3 vs xt30
- Nikon d750 vs d850
- Canon R5 vs Sony a7RIV
- Sony a7 vs a7S
- Sony Nex 7 vs a6000
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best