Canon T7 and Canon SL3 are excellent DSLR cameras with some remarkable features. However, among these, I highly suggest you go with Canon SL3 for its improved features to give you the best user experience.
Why I Suggest Canon SL3?
- Canon SL3 is designed with a powerful battery that will let you take up to 1070 shots with a full charge. therefore, you can cover a daylong program easily with this DSLR camera. In contrast, Canon T7 can provide you with up to 500 shots.
- The auto ISO range of Canon SL3 is 100 – 25600, and it can be extended up to 51,200. You will get some excellent pictures for this ISO range even in a low-light place. Whereas the T7 has only a 100 – 6400 auto ISO range, you can extend it up to 12,800.
- It is combined with 4k UHD – 3840 x 2160 video resolution that will provide you with some fantastic video clips with more sharpness and clarity. In comparison, the other one can give you only full HD 1920 x 1080 video resolution.
- The device comes with a 5fps continuous shooting speed that will help you not miss any sudden moment. You can take amazing images with this camera and even fast-moving things or objects. On another side, you will get only 3fps continuous shooting speed.
- The camera is designed with a built-in Bluetooth connectivity that will ensure you fast sharing option of your data. But, Canon T7 does not have Bluetooth connectivity.
- Canon SL3 features a Vari-angle touch screen that will let you work and do all kinds of settings by touching your fingers on the screen.
Suppose you want to explore your photography career or have an excellent user experience with your camera. In that case, you can consider Canon SL3 because it offers you many advanced features that will give an effortless run time.
Similar Features of Canon T7 vs SL3
- Canon T7 and Canon SL3 have battery level indicators that will notify you about the battery health, and you can get to know how many clicks you can get from the camera.
- These compact Canon cameras provide you with a one-year limited warranty. You can use your contract if you feel any issues while using it at this given time.
- You can take some fantastic photos with these two cameras with more details and sharpness as they come with a 24.1 megapixels effective image sensor.
Comparison Chart: Canon T7 vs SL3
|Specification||Canon T7||Canon SL3|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|ISO Range||100 – 6400 auto (extended 12800)||100 25600 auto (extended 51,200)|
|Video||Full HD – 1920 x 1080 video resolution||4k (UHD) – 3840 x 2160 video resolution|
|Continuous shooting speed||3 fps||5 fps|
|Battery life||500 shots||1070 shots|
|Bluetooth connectivity||No||Yes (built-in)|
|Effective Image Sensor||24.1 mp||24.1 mp|
|Weight||1.04 pounds||1.50 pounds|
|Product dimension||3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches||2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Battery level indicator||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited||1 Year limited|
Similarities & Differences: Canon SL3 vs T7
Design and Display
Canon T7 and Canon SL3 come with 3 inches LCD screens. But, Canon SL3 has featured an improved screen. It has a Vari-angle touchscreen LCD screen, and you can see the screen by folding at different angles because of its Vari-angle feature. Plus, the touchscreen will let you control the settings from the screen by touching with your finger. You can zoom in and out and so on the screen of Canon SL3.
Canon T7 is a bit of a lightweight camera, and it weighs is only 1.04 pounds its item dimension is 3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches. On the other hand, Canon SL3 weighs 1.50 pounds with 2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches of product dimension.
It is essential to know about the battery duration of the camera that you will purchase. In this regard, Canon SL3 is designed with a powerful battery that will let you capture up to 1070 images with a full charge. So, you can cover a daylong program easily with this DSLR camera. In addition to that, Canon T7 can give 500 photos with a full charge.
The ISO range will help you get better-quality pictures even in a low-light place. The more ISO range your DSLR camera has, you can take more excellent photos.
For example, the Conon SL3 has a 100 – 25600 auto ISO range, and you can extend it up to 51,200; that will give you some fantastic images with more details even when you are struggling with the light. On the other hand, Canon T7 has a 100 – 6400 auto ISO range, and it can be upgraded up to 12800.
Suppose you are planning to be a vlogger, or you want to be a professional videographer. In that case, you can consider Canon SL3 because it can let you record 4k UHD – 2840 x 2160 video resolution that will give you some great clips.
On the other hand, Canon T7 can record full HD – 1920 x 1080 video resolution to provide better quality videos. Moreover, these Canon DSLR cameras have a microphone port that will deliver you take to record the videos with a crystal-clear audio sound.
Canon T7 and Canon SL3 come with a 24.1 megapixels effective image sensor that offers excellent photos with sharpness and high quality. Therefore, Canon SL3 is featured a CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
Connectivity (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
When talking about the sharing method of these two Canon DSLR cameras, you should consider Canon SL3 because it has built-in Bluetooth connectivity that lets you share your data fast. Besides, you can share your photos and videos by connecting the camera with your laptop, computer, tablet, and other devices through connecting Wi-Fi.
On the other hand, Canon T7 will give you only an option to share your images and videos by connecting the camera with your devices through Wi-Fi.
Continuous Shooting Performance
If you are planning to buy Canon SL3, you will not miss any special moments because it has a 5fps continuous shooting speed that will allow you to click suddenly in no time.
However, if you are a sports journalist or wildlife photographer, Canon SL3 is a better option to go with. In contrast, Canon T7 has a 3fps continuous shooting speed that is less powerful than the other one.
A one-year producer warranty is available with these two Canon DSLR cameras. So, if you feel any problem with these cameras caused by the manufacturers, you can use your contract. But, you have to purchase the device from an authorized shop and keep the gadget from any harm done by you.
So, if you are looking for better cameras to move forward as a photographer or videographer, you can consider Canon SL3. It has a powerful battery that can take up to 1070 photos, plus a 100 – 25600 auto ISO range that can be upgraded to 51,200.
Besides, you can record 4k videos and the device comes at 5fps continuous shooting speed with a Vari-angle LCD touchscreen. But, if you disagree with me, you can consider Canon T7 considering its weight.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon T7 vs SL3
|What kind of lens does the Canon T7 take?
You can use any EF-S lens with Canon T7.
Does Canon T7 come with an SD card?
No, Canon T7 does not come with an SD card.
How many photos can I take with Canon T7?
You can take up to 500 images with Canon T7.
Why is Canon SL3 better than Canon T7?
Canon SL3 is better than Canon T7 because it has a high power battery, auto ISO range, and more fps continuous shooting speed. In addition, you can also record 4k videos with this DSLR camera not available with Canon T7.
What is the warranty policy of these Canon DSLR Cameras?
Canon T7 and Canon SL3 offer you a one-year limited warranty that you can use if you notice any producers’ faults with the devices by this given period.
You can also read some other camera comparisons below-