Hi, I am here to help you with choosing the best one from Canon t7 and t7i. Between these two I will suggest the Canon t7i, wanna know why? Okay, let’s get into the points.
Why Canon t7i would be the best choice?
- It has 45 focus points, but Canon T7 has only 9 focus points. Hence, this device can maintain and track any moving subject better than its competitor.
- The Canon T7i has 4x higher maximum light sensitivity than the t7, t7 has only 12800 ISO sensitivity. It allows you to capture incredible images in any lighting situation.
- This DSLR allows you to capture more than 600 shots on a single charge, besides, the Canon t7 can click 500 photos on a charge. Since it has longer battery life so you don’t need to take the hassle of charging the camera frequently.
- This device gives you 2x better video quality compared to t7, it records videos at 60fps. But Canon t7 records at 30 fps.
These are the upgraded features on Canon T7i that made it a better camera than the previous one. If you are looking for a camera that will deliver you better performance then go with Canon T7i with your eyes closed.
Similar Feature of Canon t7 Vs t7i
- Both devices have removable batteries.
- These devices support wifi.
- They have an optical viewfinder.
Comparison chart of Canon t7 Vs t7i
|Specification||Canon t7||Canon t7i|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.04 pounds||1.18 pounds|
|Dimension||3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches||3 x 5.2 x 3.9 inches|
|Screen size||3 inches||2 inches|
|Max resolution||24.1 megapixel||24.2 megapixel|
|Photo Sensor size||APS-H||APS-C|
|Video capture resolution||1080p||1080p|
|Compatible mounting||Canon EF||Canon EF-S|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities of Canon t7 Vs t7i
If we talk about the design, then both are almost the same design. There is little difference like Canon t7 is lighter than t7i. If you want a low-weight camera, then the Canon t7 is the best option for you. These devices give you 100% viewfinder coverage to compose the image correctly when you capture the photo. With the Canon t7i, you can easily flip out the screen while the canon t7 camera does not function. You can not flip out the camera. If we judge them based on design, then the Canon t7i is best for you.
Canon t7i is being built with newer technology. It provides you with 24-megapixel sensors and 45 -a point autofocus system, it’s the best feature on Canon t7i. This camera uses a new image processor, the digic7, low light sensitivity to a new high of ISO 51200, its gives a continuous shooting speed of 6 frames per second. Whereas Canont7 did not provide you with a 24mp sensor, it is not the same unit as the one in the t7i. It used older Digic 4 processors. This device is capable of pushing the IOS as high as 12800 -useable, autofocus is also underwhelming with just nine plus.
Connectivity and Interface
The external control is almost the same in both devices. But the placement of different buttons is not the same. This device uses a fully enunciated touchscreen, while the t7 has a fixed screen. Canon t7i offers you some unique features like it has a guide menu system that Canon calls feature assistance. It helps to get new users quickly. This camera is specially designs for new generation photographers who grew up with smartphones. Besides, Canon T7 does not have this new technology. Both cameras have wifi and NFC for connecting systems connected with Canon’s mobile app, and the Canon T7i can cooperate with Bluetooth. While wifi is needed for transmitting photos, the Bluetooth connection lets you keep up the connection to the camera for using your phone as a wireless switch without having to go through a wifi connection method every time.
These cameras provide almost the same features, but that does not have the same sensors. Joint with the new processors, the t7i has an excellent image quality. It can reach higher IOS sensitivities. However, the dissimilation between the two is not as much. But a good quality lens makes a huge difference in the quality of images or videos. So for the professional photographer canon, t7i will be a better choice.
Both cameras can be shoot with full HD 1080p video quality. But t7i can do it up to 60 fps. In contrast, t7 can do it with 30 fps. Canon t7i has huge advantages like new sensor technology(dual pixel autofocus). Besides, the T7 does not have this dual-pixel system. For future assistance, the Canon t7i is easier to use the Canon t7. If you’re a professional photographer, then T7i might be the easier camera to use.
This device gives you 600 shoots within one single charge, while the Canon t7 gives you 500 shoots with a single charge. Both devices have a removable battery, and it’s also a rechargeable battery. This device gives you a battery-level indicator feature. Whenever the battery gets low, you can know it instantly.
Durability and warranty
Both devices are made from some strong material. So these are more durable for long use. Both devices give a 1-year warranty from the date of product collecting. In this period if you face any problem with the device, then you can contract with their site.
The above discussion shows you that the Canon t7i is the best camera than the Canon t7. It gives you more upgrade features, and it’s very easy to use. If you are okay without these advanced features, then the Canon t7 is the right one for you. Choose wisely what you need.
FAQ of Canon t7 Vs t7i
How long does the Canon t7i battery last?
The battery life of the Canon t7 has lasted you through approximately 600 shoots in one single charge.
Is the Canon T7 good for video?
Its video quality is a little bit better, and it can be autofocus, but it does not capture smooth as Canon t7i gives.
How to connect Canon t7 to my computer for transforming photos?
Does the Canon t7i shoot in 4k?
The Canon t7i does not shoot in 4k. You can shoot in HD only.
Check out another article here.
- GoPro Hero 7 VS 8
- Nikon Z6 vs Sony a7 III
- Fujifilm XT3 vs XT30
- Nikon D750 vs D850
- Canon R5 vs Sony a7RIV
- Sony a7 vs a6000
- Sony A6400 vs A7iii
- Nikon D3200 vs D3300
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best