In 2020 I bought a Canon t8i when I was traveling to Sajek, Bangladesh (A land of clouds). I was using T7i before the t8i. It is a good camera with simple functionality, but I needed another one for better quality pictures and videos, So I bought the Canon t8i, which was released in April 2020. Below I attached some pictures of that trip. You can check these to understand the picture shooting quality.
Canon t7i and t8i are both amazing cameras With lots of similarities and very few differences, but If you are looking to buy one of them. I will suggest to buy Canon t8i. I have been using these two cameras for last two years. After considering all the ups & downs, my opinion is Canon t8i is better than the Canon t7i.
Why Canon T8i Is Better Than T7i?
- Canon T8i comes with the latest Digic 8 series processor, whereas Canon T7i has a Digic 7 series processor. It consumes less power that offers you extra time for usage.
- You can record sharp 4K & FHD videos with Canon T8i, But T7 can record only FHD videos, not 4k.
- Canon T8i has A wheel control for changing the aperture that helps you to get the light as much as you want to get a perfect shot. You can’t change the aperture in Canon t7i.
- Battery life in T8i is more potent than that of T7i. It allows you to shoot 800 shots, while T7i confirms 600.
- T8i can take snaps at 7 fps, but T7i can capture 6 fps. 1 extra fps in T8i increases the possibility of getting a perfect photo of sports or actions.
T7i is a good option for saving a few dollars. But if you want all the above-mentioned features and better performance, then the Canon t8i will be the best option to choose.
The Downsides of Canon T7i & T8i
Things You Should Know About T7i And T8i
- T7i and T8i do not have weather sealing or water resistance features. So you need to be careful while shooting on a rainy day to get damage to your camera.
- The image stabilization system is not given in T8i, which impacts FHD or 4K video recording. It will encounter severe rolling shutter issues that will not provide you with access for smooth and easy usage.
- 25 languages are facilitated on T7i, whereas it is 29 in T8i. You can select and set a language you prefer for understanding instructions and easy usage.
- No headphone jack is available in T7i or T8i. So you can not monitor audio from the camera while recording video.
- Use a UHS-I memory card for your T7i or T8i camera to get fast writing or reading speed. Besides this card, other cards like SD/SDHC/SDXC are fitted to T7i and T8i. You can also use an Eye-Fi card for T7i, which is not to be used in T8i.
|Specification||Canon T7i||Canon T8i|
|Photo sensor Size||APS -C||APS-C|
|Continuous shooting speed||6||7|
|ISO||100-25600, (extended to 51200)||100-25600, (extended to 51200)|
|Video record||FHD video recording||FHD, 4K video recording|
|Image processor||Digic 7||Digic 8|
|Face detection autofocus system||Yes||Yes|
|display||3 inches||3 inches|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi||Bluetooth, WI-Fi|
|Weight||1.18 pounds or 532 grams||1.13 pounds or 515 grams|
|Dimension||3 x 5.2 x 3.9 inches||3 x 5.16 x 4.04 inches|
|Price||Check t7i Price||Check t8i Price|
Similar Features Of Both Cameras
- T7i consists of 24.2 megapixels with an APS-C CMOS processor, while T8i comes with 24.1 megapixels and the same processor, which means you will get the same result from both devices.
- Both of them can record FHD videos at the rate of 24, 30, and 60 fps using a dual-pixel autofocusing system which gives you the surety of getting crisper and clearer images.
- 45 points autofocus system with face detection is provided in each gear that is quite first in subject tracking. It takes less time to lock the target and gives you a sharp and crisp image within less time.
- The viewfinder used in both cameras is an eye-level optical one with a fixed pentamirror that covers a 19 mm eyepoint and assures much clarity and dynamic range.
- The display of each camera consists of 3 inches with 10,40,000 dots, giving clarity in seeing the menu settings live to view, etc. Moreover, it has a flipping out and touching facility. So you can rotate the display and set it to the position you want or change the setting from the monitor without touching the buttons.
- Each comprises an 18-55mm EF-S lens, but it can be compatible with 300 lenses so that you do not have to leave your previous camera lens idle if you have one.
- The highest shutter speed in both devices is 1/4000, and the lowest is 30 seconds. It offers you to experiment with several shutter speeds to get a perfect photo of a still or moving target.
- Using the phone as a camera display for remote shooting or viewing photos saved in the camera memory is possible using the Wi-Fi of T7i and T8i. Or transfer files to smartphones or other devices using the Bluetooth system of these cameras.
- A slot for inserting an SD card is given on one side of the gears. So you are free to remove or insert an SD card from the device attached to a tripod.
- These two devices provide an auto dust cleaning facility to clean their sensor from the dust without any physical help. You can also manually clean the sensor of the camera if you want.
- Both gadgets have time-lapse and HDR features. You can speed up the movement of the things you are recording or adjust the target’s contrast to get clean and vivid images.
- With the metering modes like center-weighted, spot, evaluative, and partial metering of T7i and T8i, you can take snaps of placing the subject centered or focusing on the specific and tiny area of the subject matter.
|What is the other name of Canon T7i?
Canon 800D is the other name of the Canon T7i.Does Canon T7i have a 4K video recording facility?
No, it has not 4K video recording feature, but its successor, Canon T8i or 850D, can shoot 4K videos.
Is Canon T7i waterproof?
Is Canon T8i waterproof?
Is a Canon T8i a mirrorless camera?
Is T8i good for beginners?
How much time does T8i take to charge the battery?