Corsair K55 & K70 are two of the most amazing keyboards. If you cannot decide which Corsair to select, then We strongly recommend Corsair K55.
Why We Recommend Corsair K55?
- Corsair K55 has Membrane type switch keyboard that provides you a better typing experience with less noise than Corsair K70.
- This device has all the switches you need, i.e., multimedia control, windows lock switch, which enables you to control every action from the keyboard. But K70 lacks this feature.
- It weighs less than the mechanical K70, so you can carry this keyboard easily to your workplace if you need it.
- K55 is a quiet and reliable structure keyboard that allows you to use it for a long time and assure you better durability than the other one.
- IP-42 rated protection of Corsair K55 will defend your keyboard from dust and spill, whereas Corsair K70 doesn’t provide rated protection.
All those key features make K55 a better option than K70. Hopefully, you understood why you should go for K55.
- Corsair K55 and Corsair K70 both have programmable switches to assign specific tasks.
- Detachable palm-rest that reduces stress on your wrists so you can play or use them longer in comfort.
- Dedicated media-control keys that allow direct control over your audio without interrupting your game.
- They come with an excellent dust and spill resistance feature, which makes them very durable.
Quick Comparison: Corsair K55 vs K70
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||18.9 x 6.6 x 1.4 inches||17.24 x 6.53 x 1.53 inches|
|Item Dimension||18.9 x 6.6 x 1.4 inches||17.24 x 6.53 x 1.53 inches|
|Battery||1 AAA batteries required||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required|
|Number of Buttons||120||104|
|Keyboard Switch Type||Membrane||Cherry MX|
|Item Weight||1.8 pounds||2.76 pounds|
|Hardware Platform||PC||PC, Windows|
|Warranty||2-Years Warranty||2-Years Warranty|
Differences and Similarities: Corsair K55 vs K70
The keys of the K55 are quieter than the traditional keyboard. If you need to carry your keyboard to your workplace, you can use it without any trouble. No one will feel disturbed because of your typing. The responsible keys assign your presses to register within the fastest possible time. In terms of numbers, this keyboard has 120 keys overall.
On the other hand, as the K70 is a mechanical keyboard, some sounds will be because of its Cherry MX switches. It has a total of 104 keys.
Corsair K55 will allow you to continue your actions without any pause since it has 6 macro keys; besides, the K70 doesn’t include these unique keys. These keys will bring you an advantage for in-game actions. There is a dedicated Windows key-lock tool in this keyboard by which you will never be interrupted while playing any games or during a critical moment.
Not just a palm rest, you are getting a soft-rubber palm rest with the Corsair K55. For extended usage, your hands will be in the comfort zone to allow the device for a long duration. The palm rest is also detachable, so you can remove it if you need to carry it in a bag or don’t want to use it.
The other keyboard also has a detachable palm rest, but as the K55 is a quiet keyboard, the overall experience will be better on the K55.
With K55, you can control media options like music through the keyboard directly. There is dedicated multimedia and volume control in the top right corner to change media options without interference between your games or other important actions.
Corsair K70 too provides dedicated keys in the top but is not well-positioned as the K55. You may have trouble using these keys.
Through iCUE software from Corsair, you can customize the color setup however you can. You can test and apply the color synchronization from the software to direct your keyboard.
The Corsair K70 also has these features, but the customizing may not be that simple as this is a mechanical keyboard.
If you are worried because of dust and spill that may interrupt your actions and cause harm to your keyboard’s durability, you can relax with the K55. This keyboard comes with an IP-42 rated protection guard that will protect your keyboard from this kind of complication.
K70 also has dust resistance, but there was no quality of measurement like the K55 has.
Warranty & Durability
Corsair keyboard has a popular fanbase for its durability. You can use these keyboards for a long time without any doubt, and Corsair provides a 2-year warranty for both the K55 and the K70. As the K55 is a relatively simple but reliable structure, you can rely on this more than the other device.
These keyboards from Corsair may appear no different from looks. K55 is a gaming keyboard with a membrane switch type, and the K70 is a mechanical keyboard with a Cherry MX switch. The K70 will cost you a lot than the K55, but you are not missing any specs if you go for the K55. So I will highly recommend the K55 for anyone who wants performance and satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions about K55 and K70
|Is it possible to change the color of the keyboard into just one color?
Yes, you can change the color of the keyboard into a single color by pressing Fn8 continuously.
Is there any shiny light through the keys?
Yes, the keys have a light under the text of the keys and the background of the whole keyboard.
Is there any additional software required for lighting?
Yes, you need to use the iCUE software from Corsair from their website to customize the colors.
Is this keyboard a mechanical keyboard? How is the sound?
This is a membrane keyboard with a mechanical look, and the sound is not clicky or noisy.
Do the keys sound loud while typing?
No, the keyboard is very silent and satisfying compared with other keyboards available in the market.
Can I control the PC sound from the keyboard?
Yes, there are dedicated keys on this keyboard to control sounds.
Check out more comparison articles about the keyboard here.
- Logitech mk550 vs mk570
- corsair strafe vs k70
- corsair k68 vs k70
- Razer viper vs g pro wireless
- Razer viper vs DeathAdder
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!