Dell Precision and XPS come in different models, and we choose the XPS 13 to compare with the Precision 5510. Both are packed with the latest technology, but we strongly suggest the Dell XPS 13.
Why Do We Suggest the Dell XPS 13?
- The XPS 13 has an 11th Gen Core i7 processor, whereas the Precision includes Intel Core i5-6300HQ. And it’s processor increases the operating system so that you can seamlessly use the laptop. Also, Core i5 is faster than Core i7.
- This device gives 8 hours backup with a single charge, on the other side, its competitor offers 5 hours of battery life. So, you can take this device on the go plus use it for a long time.
- Dell XPS 13 features Intel Iris Xe Graphics, and it provides 20.4% faster performance than the Precision’s NVIDIA Quadro M1000M graphics. It increases the laptop’s performance plus takes the gaming experience to another level.
- It combines with 16GB RAM and 512GB Hard Disk, which has a CPU speed of 4.8GHz. At the same time, the other one has 8GB RAM and 500 Hard Disks, and its speed is 2.3GHz. Therefore, the XPS 13 can render data quicker than its brother, which is crucial for using a laptop.
- It is built with a 13 inches touch display, in contrast, the Precision has a 15.6 inches screen but doesn’t have a touch function. So, the touch feature makes it straightforward to use.
- The XPS 13 is only 2.80 lbs, and the Precision 5510 is 7.40 lbs. You can carry this device easily wherever you are heading since it is lightweight.
Dell XPS 13 is built with these amazing features that are missing on the Dell Precision 5510. And these features will take your experience to another level, so you should consider the XPS 13.
Dell Precision and XPS: Similar Features
- These two devices offer the windows 10 operating system, and it speeds up the device’s performance.
- The XPS 13 and Precision 5510 laptops come with a backlit illuminated keyboard so that you can see each key in a dark environment.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty period on these devices from the date you purchase them.
Dell XPS vs Inspiron: Quick Comparison Table
|Specifications||Dell XPS 13||Dell Precision|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Processor||11th Gen Core i7||Intel Core i5-6300HQ|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics||NVIDIA Quadro M1000M|
|Battery Life||8 hours||5 hours|
|RAM||16 GB LPDDR4||8 GB|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||500GB|
|Backlit Illumination Keyboard||Yes||Yes|
|Dimension||7.82 x 11.64 x 0.58 inches||19.2 x 13.1 x 3.5 inches|
|Weight||2.80 lbs||7.40 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between the Dell Precision and XPS
Dell XPS 13 has a better processor compared to the Precision 5510. It has an 11th Gen Core i7 processor, and the Precision 5510 built with Intel Core i5-6300HQ.
XPS 13’s processor lets you seamlessly operate the laptop as it extracts the maximum performance from the software you do the job. Furthermore, it has professional Intel Iris Xe Graphics, which boosts your PC’s performance by rendering data from complex models. So, multitasking is a breeze with the XPS 13.
At the same time, the Dell Precision 5510 has NVIDIA Quadro M1000M graphics that is very responsive at rendering data, plus it is a beast when it comes to gaming. The NVIDIA graphics make multitasking more effortless, but the Iris graphics work 20% faster than NVIDIA. That’s why we recommend the Dell XPS 13.
Compared to the Dell Precision 5510, the Dell XPS 13 offers more extensive storage so that you can do the big jobs efficiently.
The XPS 13 has 16GB RAM and 512GB Hard Drive, while the Precision 5510 laptop is built with 8GB RAM with 500GB Hard Drive.
However, though both devices are different in terms of storage, they let you easily store data. Also, transfer and access to the complex 3D files, video projects files, and much more.
And the combination of their processor and graphics of these laptops are very reliable plus speed up the devices.
Both Dell devices are combined with Windows 10 OS, which increases the device’s speed. It makes switching between the different tabs a breeze, plus it can load data quicker. Also, it has advanced security options for your PC.
Before purchasing a laptop, you should consider the battery life to operate the device without worry for a longer time.
The Dell XPS 13 is better because it gives 8 hours backup when it comes to battery life. By contrast, the Precision 5510 lasts for 5 hours with a single charge.
If you need to take your laptop on the go, you should consider the Dell XPS 13 rather than Precision.
Dell XPS 13 offers a touch display to make the tasks easier for you. But the Precision 5510 doesn’t have a touch display. However, the XPS 13’s display is 13 inches, whereas the Precision has a 15.6 inches screen.
However, both displays give a new level of detail with their FHD Anti-Glare display. In addition, the screen delivers stunning Dolby vision, which is 40 times brighter and 10 times darker.
The XPS 13 and Precision 5510 have backlit keyboards, so you can see each key if you are in a darker environment. The backlit feature improves your workability, and you can do your job happily. Moreover, the backlit won’t affect your eyes.
The XPS 13 has Thunderbolt 3 port for power delivery and DisplayPort; it has a microSD card reader, 3.5mm Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, and 1 Type-C to USB-A v3.0 adapter ships standard.
At the same time, the Dell Precision 5510 features a Power adapter port, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 3, Battery-status button, Headphone jack, Memory Card Reader, Security lock, and HDMI.
Usually, Dell is equipped with a one-year limited warranty from the date you get the device. This will cover any manufacturer issues on the laptop, but this won’t work if you damage the PC. However, these two were built with quality materials to ensure durability.
Both of them include high-end features, but we’d recommend you to start with the Dell XPS 13 device. That’s because this device combines a better processor, graphics, RAM, plus other features.
You won’t be disappointed with the Dell XPS 13 laptop. But if you like the Dell Precision features, then you can choose this one either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dell XPS Vs Precision
Do they offer a warranty?
Yes, Dell provides a one-year limited warranty from the date you purchase the laptop.
Does the Precision 5510 have a CD drive?
No, the device doesn’t include any disc drive feature.
Which has a touch screen display?
Dell XPS 13 built with the touch screen display.
How many monitors does the XPS 13 support?
The XPS 13 system supports two monitors so that you can use the extended desktop mode.
Does the XPS 13 have a slot for SSD?
Yes, the device includes an additional M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe slot so that you can run dual drives.
Do you wanna read related articles? Check below links –