You want to get either the Dell XPS 13 or XPS 15 but can’t decide which one would be the best way to go? Well, both laptops are fantastic in terms of performance, but our suggestion is the Dell XPS 15 for you.
Why do we suggest the Dell XPS 15?
- The Dell XPS 15 has an LPDDR3 type RAM that comes with two RAM slots, while the XPS 13 has DDR4 RAM and it has one RAM slot. So, even though they have 16GB RAM yet this device will provide you superior performance.
- It is upgraded with the latest NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics, on the other side, the earlier version includes the Intel Iris Xe Graphics. Hence, the NVIDIA graphics deliver you faster speed and more excellent performance when it comes to gaming, video editing, and so on.
- This XPS laptop has the most powerful 9th gen intel core i7 processor that offers you the ultimate power rather than the XPS 13’s 10th gen core i7. That’s because it has a 5 GHz that offers a higher speed than the XPS 13’s 4.8 GHz.
- The laptop has an UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD display that is sharper and colorful than its little brother’s display. Additionally, it has an Anti-Glare display that is extremely scratch, and damage-resistant but the other one is not.
- This device can deliver you on average 9-hours of battery backup per charge with heavy streaming. At the same time, its little brother can give you 8 hours of backup on average. Therefore, the XPS 15 would be the best choice for you.
The Dell XPS 15 combines these handy things to take your experience to another level. So, you can go with this device rather than Dell XPS 13.
Similar Features of the Dell XPS 15 and 13
- Both combine with the windows 10 operating system to offer you a smooth and versatile experience.
- The XPS 15 and 13 feature 512GB hard disk size, which is sufficient for any PC.
- They come with a standard backlit keyboard that illuminates to ensure you stay productive in low-light while typing.
- Dell XPS 15 and 13, equipped with the Dell Thunderbolt, offers the ultimate work environment to the users.
- They offer a 30-days full refund with a one-year limited warranty against replacement or repair.
Dell XPS 15 vs 13: Quick Comparison Table
|Specifications||Dell XPS 15||Dell XPS 13|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Processor||5 GHz core i7||4.8 GHz core i7|
|Graphics||NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics|
|Battery Life||9 hours Approximately||8 hours Approximately|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4||16 GB LPDDR4|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||512 GB|
|Backlit Illumination Keyboard||Yes||Yes|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Dimension||22.09 x 15.63 x 3.62 inches||7.82 x 11.64 x 0.58 inches|
|Wireless||Wifi 6||Wifi 6|
|Weight||6.27 pounds||2.80 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between the Dell XPS 15 vs 13
Dell XPS 13 is built with the 4.8 GHz core i7 that is paired with the Intel Iris Xe Graphics. In contrast, the Dell XPS 15 has a 5 GHz core i7 with the world’s latest NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics.
You will get higher performance from the XPS 15 laptop, and it will deliver a higher speed and performance. In addition, the XPS 15 works seamlessly for gaming, video, or photo editing to anything you want.
However, overall both devices allow the user to seamlessly carried out all the basic computer operations since they have a windows 10 operating system. Therefore, it makes your PC smooth and versatile as well.
But you should consider XPS 15 since it can give you the most convenient performance.
When it comes to the RAM configuration, the XPS 13 comes up with a DDR4 RAM type, while the XPS 15 has an LPDDR3 RAM. The XPS 15 provides dual RAM slots that are removable, but the XPS 13 has one slot for RAM. The maximum RAM of these laptops is 16GB. In the RAM performance, the XPS 15 perform much better. But both of them are built with 512GB Hard Disk, which is massive.
Dell XPS 15 and 13 have an FHD+ display which is 1920 x 1200 resolution with 500-Nit. Though the resolution is the same yet there’s a slight difference between them. The XPS 13 has a 13.4″ screen size, whereas the XPS 15 provides 15.6-inches.
The XPS 15 also delivers you a non-touch Anti-Glare display that is extremely damaged and scratch-resistant. In addition, this lets you see everything in the UltraSharp 4k HD display with detail.
The XPS 13 comes with a touch screen, but it cannot provide you with details like the XPS 15.
Anyhow, both anti-glare and anti-reflective displays reduce the harmful blue light that effectively provides protection against blue light to makes it easy on your eyes.
The Dell XPS 15 will deliver you the longest battery life compared to its little brother. So you can experience a long battery life from this. It can last more than 14 hours on the Full HD+ mode and gives 9 hours backup while you are streaming on the 4k+.
On the other side, the Dell XPS 13 can deliver 14 hours on the FHD model and approximately 8 hours on while streaming 4K.
Additionally, both offer Thunderbolt 3 multi-use ports so that you can connect your laptops to multiple devices at the same time. Also, you can charge your device. Anyhow, the Thunderbolt 3 makes transferring data in 40Gbps that is 8x faster than any device.
These two Dell XPS laptops are built with a backlit illuminative keyboard. This standard backlit ensures you can stay productive in the no-light room or low-light environment when you are typing. In addition, the combination of the anti-glare and anti-reflective display with the illuminative keyboard will also boost your performance.
Dimension & Weight
The XPS 15 is larger, and its dimension is 22.09 x 15.63 x 3.62 inches, and it weighs is 6.27 pounds. Besides, the XPS 13 is 7.82 x 11.64 x 0.58 inches, and its weight is 2.80 lbs.
If you want a lightweight and compact device, the XPS 13 is the way to go, but this cannot offer the incredible features of the XPS 15. While the XPS 15 is not much larger, you can go with this.
Dell XPS 13 and 15 provides a limited one-year premium warranty including 30 days return policy. If you do not like them after using them, then you can return the product within 30-days and get a full refund from the Dell company.
However, the warranty period works against the hardware or software manufacturer defects.
Hopefully, by now, you have taken your decision but still cannot decide then we recommend the XPS 15. As it has the best features than another one.
But in the end, it’s your choice and if you think the XPS 13 is the right one, then choose this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dell XPS 15 and 13
Is the XPS 15 a non-touch version?
Yes, this has an FHD+ option makes this laptop a non-touch version.
How many monitors can I use in desktop mode with the XPS 13?
This Laptop support two monitors in the desktop extended mode.
Do the XPS 13 has an OLED screen?
Yes, the Dell XPS 13 comes with a 2-in-1 OLED screen, including Thunderbolt 4 ports.
How many years of the warranty we will get from these Dell laptops?
Dell XPS 15 and XPS 13 come up with a limited one-year warranty, including 30 days full refund.
How is the XPS 15 for the Adobe Premiere Pro?
It would be an excellent choice for the Adobe Premiere Pro and editing videos since this combines with NVIDIA graphics.
Can I use an external optical drive on the XPS 13?
Sure, the XPS 13 supports an external optical drive, so you can use it.
Check out related articles here –