Dell XPS 15 vs 17 – Why You Should Grab the XPS 17 than XPS 15?
Dell XPS 15 and 17 look so close, but you can choose the XPS 17 rather than the previous one.
Why Choose the Dell XPS 17?
- It is built with the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics that speed up the device. You can play games seamlessly, also these graphics give you an intensive workflow. On the other hand, the XPS 15 has NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti graphics. It is also good but does not give you the RTX GPU.
- The XPS 17 is built with the Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen processor, while the XPS 15 has a 5 GHz core i7. The 10th Gen processor is a high-performing CPU that can tackle multitasking efficiently.
- You will get an incredible 13 hours longer battery life on this device while the other one has 9 hours. It has a 97WHr battery that doesn’t drain even with heavy streaming, so you can take this device on the go.
- This laptop comes up with 32 GB RAM and 1 TB storage which increase the laptop’s performance. The storage of this device is enormous and can take your experience to another level by processing data quicker. At the same time, the Dell XPS 15 has 16 GB RAM and 512 GB internal storage.
- The XPS 17 has built-in Alexa that improves your productivity since you can create to-do lists, track your work or appointments, and more without using the keyboard. In contrast, the XPS 15 doesn’t have this function.
- The device is built with 3D Audio so that you immerse in the music or videos in anything you are watching or listening on the XPS 17. But the XPS 15 doesn’t provide 3D Audio.
These things made the XPS 17 a stunning device compared to the XPS 15. It would be worth investing in this device according to the number of features you will get.
Similar Features of the Dell XPS 15 vs 17
- The XPS 15 and XPS 17 provide Windows 10 operating system, it creates your device versatile and ensures it works smoothly.
- Both include a backlit keyboard to make you productive.
- They offer the next-level wifi 6 network, which makes your device stronger than before.
- Dell XPS 15 and 17 deliver a one-year limited warranty for any manufacturer issues.
Dell XPS 15 vs Dell XPS 17: Quick Comparison Table
|Specifications||Dell XPS 15||Dell XPS 17|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7||4.8 out of 5|
|Graphics||NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060|
|Processor||5 GHz core i7||Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4||32 GB DDR4|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||1 TB|
|Battery Life||9 hours Approximately||13 hours|
|Display||15 inches||17 inches|
|Backlit Illumination Keyboard||Yes||Yes|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Dimension||22.09 x 15.63 x 3.62 inches||9.76 x 14.74 x 0.77 inches|
|Wireless||Wifi 6||Wifi 6|
|Weight||6.27 pounds||5.53 pounds|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between the Dell XPS 17 vs 15
The Dell XPS 15 has a 5 GHz core i7 while the XPS 17 has Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen. Dell XPS 17’s CPU helps increase the laptop’s speed than the earlier version. As a result, you will get a seamless performance while playing an 8K video or games or editing video to everything in between in this device.
On the other hand, the XPS 15 processor can provide convenient performance, but its CPU speed is slightly slower than XPS 17.
You can do all the basic computer tasks effectively on both devices because they have Windows 10 operating systems. The Win 10 lets the user produce versatile tasks smoothly. But when it comes to performance, the XPS 17 is a step ahead because it has the best processor than XPS 15.
Generally, a graphic card makes a laptop beast, and here the XPS 17 can give you the best GPU performance. It is combined with the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics that make your laptop breathtakingly better. So that you can perform the intensive work straightforwardly.
At the same time, the XPS 15 has NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics, which also gives you supersmooth performance. Yet, the XPS 17 is the best because it is integrated with the latest graphics.
Both have a DDR4 type RAM, but in the storage size, these are different. For example, Dell XPS 15 has a maximum of 16GB RAM, while the XPS 17 32 GB RAM.
And the internal storage of the XPS 15 is 512 GB, while you will get 1 TB with the XPS 17. So, the combination of the extensive RAM plus HDD of the XPS 17 will speed up your device’s performance more than its little brother.
Dell XPS 17 is built with an Alexa voice integration system, while the XPS 15 has no voice command function. However, it helps you use the device without the keyboard plus let you schedule your meeting. Make a routine of your work simply with your voice tone.
Dell XPS 17 and XPS 15 have an Anti-reflective 500-Nits brightness display. As a result, the screen is highly resistant to scratch and damage. However, the screen will play UltraSharp 4k images with crisp detail. Also, the Dolby vision offers you 40 times better brighter and 10 times darker so that you can see everything in detail.
You will get an intensive battery life from the XPS 17 rather than XPS 15. It can last for 13 hours with a single charge, and the other one can deliver 9 hours charge.
Dell XPS 15 and 17 laptops are built with a backlit keyboard. Therefore, typing in a dark room or lower environment is now easier, also you can be productive. The best thing is, this won’t affect your eyes, instead, it will boost your performance.
Dimension & Weight
Compared to the XPS 17, the XPS 15 has a slightly bigger dimension which is 22.09 x 15.63 x 3.62 inches, and it weighs 6.27 pounds. At the same time, the XPS 17 is 9.76 x 14.74 x 0.77 inches and its weight is 5.53 lbs.
Hence, the XPS 17 is the way to go if you want a compact device, and you can take it with you anywhere because it’s lighter than its brother.
Ports and Slots
When it comes to the ports and slots, both feature the same five ports. They are built with Two 2x Thunderbolt 3 with power delivery & DisplayPort, One Full-size SD card reader v6.0, One Wedge-shaped lock slot, and one 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo jack port.
Dell XPS series offers you a 30 days return policy with a one-year limited warranty. So within 30-days, if you do not like your laptop, you can return it plus get a full refund. Besides, the warranty gives free repair service for any manufacturer issues. And if you damage your PC by any chance, you have to pay for the repair service.
The Dell XPS 17 comes with richer features than XPS 15 to deliver convenient performance to your needs. It has the latest processor plus graphics, as well as it can give you longer battery life.
So which XPS model have you chosen for you—still confused? If you are okay with the XPS 15 features, grab it instead.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dell XPS 15 and 17
What is the XPS 17’s battery life?
This device is built with a 97W battery that can give you up to 13 hours of battery life.
What is the XPS 15 processor?
The Dell XPS 15 is built with a 5 GHz core i7 processor.
How many ports do they offer?
Dell XPS 15 and 17 have a total of five ports for the charging, thunderbolt, microphone and audio jack, card reader, and external display port.
Can I upgrade the memory?
No, you cannot upgrade the memory, but you can extend the SSD.
Do they offer a warranty?
Yes, they offer a limited one-year warranty for kind of manufacturer workmanship.
You may have interest in –