Dell XPS 17 vs MacBook Pro 16 – What makes the MacBook the Best?
If you want to shop for a laptop between the Dell XPS 17 and MacBook Pro 16, we recommend choosing the MacBook Pro 16.
Why choose the MacBook Pro 16?
- You will get the most responsive AMD Radeon Pro 500M GPU with the MacBook Pro 16. On the other side, the XPS 17 combines with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, also very responsive graphics, but the MacBook Pro 16 can deliver you a 3.5x faster speed to processing data.
- The device includes 64GB RAM, including 8TB storage capacity, while the XPS 17 provides 32GB RAM with 1TB storage. MacBook storage gives you the highest speed plus ensures loading data within seconds.
- It has a 9th generation Core i9 that works with 8 cores to give you a higher performance compared to the XPS 17 Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen.
- This laptop has macOS, whereas the XPS 17 has Win 10. And macOS is very responsive plus increases your device security pattern, but the Win 10 cannot do it.
- MacBook Pro 16 display has true tone technology, and it can automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the time in your location. But another device doesn’t have this awesome function.
- The Pro 16 is reliable to carry since it is lighter than its competitor. This device is 4.3 pounds whereas the other one is 5.53 pounds. So taking this on the go is slightly straightforward.
These advanced properties made the MacBook Pro 16 a high-end device rather than XPS 17. So if you are a workaholic plus upgrade your PC experience, you should grab this one.
XPS 17 vs MacBook Pro 16: Similar Features
- They combine with the Backlit Keyboard that produces light in the lower light environment so that you can see every key.
- Dell XPS 17 and MacBook Pro 16 have a 500-nits brightness level display.
- Both have a one-year limited warranty, and you will get free repair service for a year.
XPS 17 vs MacBook Pro 16: Comparison table
|Specifications||XPS 17||MacBook Pro 16|
|Buywithme.org’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|SSD||Up to 1 TB||Up to 8 TB|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060||AMD Radeon Pro 500M|
|True Tone technology||No||Yes|
|Processor||Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen||9th generation core i9|
|Weight||5.53 pounds||4.3 pounds|
|Battery Life||13 hours||11 hours|
|Camera||720p HD camera||720p HD camera|
|Dimension||9.76 x 14.74 x 0.77 inches||9.68 x 14.09 x 0.64 inches|
|Weight||5.53 pounds||4.3 Pounds|
|Display||17 inch||16 inch|
|Backlit magic Keyboard||Yes||Yes|
|Wifi||802.11ax Wi-Fi 6||802.11ac Wi-Fi|
|Display Brightness||500 nits||500 nits|
|Bluetooth||Yes, BT 5 technology||Yes, BT 5 technology|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Differences and Similarities between XPS 17 vs MacBook Pro 16
Dell XPS 17 combines with the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics and 10th Gen Intel i9-10885H processor. While the MacBook Pro 16 includes AMD Radeon Pro 500M that works with the 9th generation core i9 processor.
Both pairs are great for any device, and these will deliver your device the next-level performance. But if we compare the performance, then MacBook Pro 16 is the winner here.
Because the MacBook’s processor and GPU ensure delivers more than 2.1 times better performance so that you can do dozens of work within a matter of time. And its AMD GPU is the best option for any high-end tasks like developed games or video editing. In addition, you will get ultra-high seamless performance from the MacBook Pro 16.
The MacBooks operating system is faster than the Win 10 OS of the Dell XPS 17. The macOS secured your device plus upgrades the privacy of your device. Also, it works with the next-level processor and GPU, so you can be sure of getting the most reliable performance on the Pro 16.
At the same time, the Dell XPS 17’s Windows 10 operating system gives you a smoother and reliable feature. Plus, it ensures you do the versatile things in this device. But it doesn’t secure your device, which is a downside of this device.
In terms of the battery, the XPS 17 is more convenient than the MacBook. It gives 13 hours straight battery backup with a single charge. At the same time, the MacBook Pro 16 delivers up to 11 hours of backup. Both devices are good enough to take outside without a charger since they are powerhouse.
MacBook Pro 16 and XPS 17 have an Anti-reflective display. It delivers crystal clear true-to-life images plus videos. The display light ensures you can see everything, even in dim light.
However, the MacBook display is very smart as it can adjust the brightness once the sun goes down. Whereas, the Dell XPS 17 doesn’t have this handy function.
They come up with a backlit display so that you can see each key even in a lower light environment. It helps you to stay productive and creative. Comparing the XPS 17 keyboard, the MacBook Pro 16 is better because it works effectively and doesn’t make noise.
Dell and MacBook devices offer a one-year limited warranty if there any manufacturing defects. But if you damage the device, you have to pay to repair your device. In addition, the warranty is only available for the product you purchase from an authorized shop.
MacBook Pro 16 is a powerhouse that will make you more productive. It has the best CPU, GPU, OS, to everything in between.
And we strongly suggest you go with the MacBook Pro 16 rather than XPS 17. But if you find the Dell XPS 17’s features are more reliable to you, then you can choose this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dell XPS 17 vs MacBook Pro 16
Does the XPS 17 have a double-clicking touchpad?
Yes, the Dell XPS 17 comes with a double-click touchpad.
How many ports are available on the XPS 17?
It has five ports for microphone and audio jack, two thunderbolt ports, an SD card reader, and a Wedge-shaped lock slot.
Does the MacBook Pro 16 have true tone technology?
Yes, the device comes up with true tone technology so this will adjust the brightness level automatically.
How much is the MacBook Pro 16’s memory?
The device offers 64 GB RAM with up to 8 TB internal storage.
How long is the MacBook Pro 16’s battery life?
It can give you 11 hours longer battery life with heavy streaming and multitasking.
Read more articles here –