When it comes to the baby carriers, Deuter Kid Comfort 2 and 3 are two of the best choices for the parents. But I highly suggest you select Kid Comfort 3 which is the upgraded version and provides much comfort with the best quality.
Why Deuter Kid Comfort 3 is Best?
- Kid Comfort 3 has a high-quality ventilation system in its back panel that offers great air passing ability and keeps your back sweat-free. But the ventilation system of the Kid Comfort 2 is not so high.
- It has 18 liters capacity but Kid Comfort 2 provides 16 liters. So, extra capacity ensures ultimate comfort and it would be a perfect fit for your baby as well.
- Comfort 3 comes with a larger dimension compared to Kid Comfort 2. Therefore, you will get extra space on every compartment of this carrier compared to the old one.
- The non-compact nature of Deuter Kid Comfort 3 resulted in good weight distribution. Therefore, hiking with this carrier will be very comfortable and you’ll feel less heavy. On the other hand, Kid Comfort 2 is very compact that would be less comfortable for long-time hiking activities.
- You will get a large back pocket with the Deuter 3 Kid Comfort. While the back pocket of Comfort 2 is slightly smaller than this.
From the differences mentioned above, I hope it is obvious to you why this baby carrier is more preferable to Kid comfort 2.
- Deuter Kid Comfort 2 and 3 have Variquick adjustable harness customization that allows you to easily adjust the length to quickly swap the pack between mom and dad without removing the child from the carrier.
- Both offer a Height-adjustable seat and 5 point child safety that promotes a safe and healthy ergonomic sitting position.
- Comfortable grab handles and removable chin pad. As a result, you can easily lift these carriers without any assistance.
Quick Comparison: Deuter Kid Comfort 2 vs 3
|Specifications||Deuter kid comfort 2||Deuter kid comfort 3|
|Editor’s rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimensions||(28 x 27 x 13) in.||(31 x 17 x 13) in.|
|Main materials||Polyester and ripstop nylon||Polyester and ripstop nylon|
|Capacity||16 liters||18 liters (large)|
|Weight measurement||7 lbs 3 oz.||7 lbs 11 oz.|
|Adjustable waist belt||Yes||Yes|
|Waist belt pockets||Yes||Yes|
|Sunshade and rain cover||Yes||Yes|
|Side buckle entry||Yes||Yes|
|Torso length||15-21 inches||15-21 inches|
|Total compartment||Over 7 (compact)||Over 7 (large)|
Comparison Between Deuter Kid Comfort 2 and Deuter Kid Comfort 3
There is an identical difference of dimension between these two baby carriers. The Deuter kid comfort 3 comes with a larger dimension of 31 x 17 x 13 inches. Therefore, all the compartments of this carrier are well sized. But the Deuter kid comfort 2 comes with a slightly smaller dimension of 28 x 27 x 13 inches. So, all the compartments of this carrier are so compact.
Construction and body
Both these carriers are made with mixed fabric of polyester and ripstop nylon. Therefore, the body of these carriers is so soft. Very comfortable for the kids. Also, the frame material of these carriers has been the same. Entirely Aluminum built hiking carriers are so lightweight. The construction materials of these carriers are so standard.
Storage and capacity
The Deuter kid comfort 3 comes with extra space and capacity. This carrier easily carries up to 18 liters to its highest standard. At the same time, the Deuter kid comfort comes with a total of 16 liters on its highest standard. So, in the capacity section, it is evident that kid comfort 3 gets the upper hand over kid comfort 2. Moreover, this extra capacity is the most significant improvement of this updated edition.
Breathability and comfortability
The ventilation system of the Deuter kid comfort 3 is perfect. It has a great air passing system. For that reason, your back will remain sweat-free after a long time. On the opposite side, kid comfort 2 also has a quality suspension system. But the negative side of this carrier is its compact nature. Therefore, the weight distribution is not as high standard as the Deuter 3. So, the comfortability section of the Deuter 3 remains supreme.
Durability and warranty
For making with high-quality fabric, both these carriers are very durable. They both have the long-lasting ability and keep a great shape even after so many uses. In terms of the warranty clause, you need not think about that. Both this product comes with a hand full warranty clause. Moreover, the company will provide repairable support in case any damage arises.
Here it is relatively easy that the latest one is the best. Therefore, my preference is Deuter kid comfort 3 over the kid comfort 2. In case of a lower budget or another problem, the Deuter kid comfort 2 can be a great alternative to the kid comfort 3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Deuter Kid Comfort 2 and Kid Comfort 3
Question: Which of these one comes with a larger capacity?
Answer: The Deuter kid comfort 3 comes with a larger capacity of 18 liters. Which is 2 liters larger than the kid comfort 2.
Question: Can I make airline travels with any of these two?
Answer: Sorry, the dimension of these carriers exceeds the minimum limits of the airlines. Unfortunately, you have extra carriers charges to have an airline travels with these bags.
Question: Which one allows more safety protection?
Answer: You will get a similar amount of safety protection with these carriers. These products allow 7+ safety protection for your kid. So, don’t worry about this thing.
Question: Is the sunshade built-in?
Answer: Yes, the sunroof of these carriers is built-in. Moreover, you will get valuable rain cover to shield your child from rain and breeze.
Question: I am a tiny man of 5 feet 5 inches, which will be proper for me?
Answer: Both of these carriers will be suitable for you. Because they come with a high-quality adjustable back torso system, which is 15-21 inches, so, don’t think about fitt ability.
Question: Can I get a size option for the Deuter kid comfort 3?
Answer: Sorry, You will not have any size options. Because they come in a fixed size.
Question: Can I get different color options?
Answer: Yes, both these carriers are available in different color options. If you have any favorite color, go for the desired one.
You may be interested in another article
- Osprey Poco vs Deuter Kid Comfort
- Osprey Poco Premium vs Plus
- Osprey Poco vs Poco Plus
- Osprey Poco vs Poco Ag
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?