What Advanced Features Made Mavic 2 Pro Best?
- You will get iconic image quality from the Mavic 2 Pro since it is equipped with the L1D-20c and possesses a Hasselblad camera that captures the image’s natural color. But Mavic 2 Zoom doesn’t include this stunning feature.
- Mavic 2 Pro has a larger 1-inch CMOS sensor, and Zoom has a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sense. So, the larger sensor gives you a better experience of taking high-quality images or videos.
- It features a 20MP camera resolution, while Mavic 2 Zoom has a 12MP camera. More megapixels help to capture the best pictures in any lighting conditions.
- It supports HDR videos for a crystal clear view, but the Mavic 2 Zoom is not compatible with this feature.
- This drone comes with the 10-bit Dlog-M color profile; besides, the Mavic 2 Zoom includes a D-Cinelike feature. The upgraded system can record more than 1-billion colors, while the Mavic 2 Zoom can capture 16 million colors only.
- The aperture feature delivers outstanding image quality in high as well as low light. While the Mavic 2, Zoom doesn’t have aperture sets.
DJI Mavic 2 includes those features that made this drone worth your investment. If you want to check the Mavic 2 Zoom then simply press the button below.
Similarities Between DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs Zoom
- Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom’s weight is 31.99 oz, and the dimensions of these two drones are 8.4 × 3.6 × 3.3 inches when folded.
- The Max Speed is 44 mph plus the max flight time is 31 minutes which allows you to record the same length of the video.
- They feature HDR Panorama so that you can capture the perfect photo with standard color.
- The video Resolution, also, the Max Video Bitrate of these two drones are the same. So, both can provide high-quality videos.
- They feature the DJI GO 4 app, including a remote controller that will help you control your devices easily.
If you are satisfied with these similar features then you can any of Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Zoom. But if you want improved features to enjoy the best performance then you should pick DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
Quick Comparison: DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs Zoom
|Specifications||DJI Mavic 2 Pro||DJI Mavic 2 Zoom|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Video Resolution||4K;2.7K; FHD||4K;2.7K; FHD|
|Max Video Bitrate||100Mbps||100Mbps|
|Photo Format||JPEG / DNG||JPEG / DNG|
|Video Format||MP4 / MOV||MP4 / MOV|
|App||DJI GO 4||DJI GO 4|
|Weight||31.99 oz||31.99 oz|
|Dimensions||8.4 × 3.6 × 3.3 in. (Folded)||8.4 × 3.6 × 3.3 in. (Folded)|
|Max Speed||44 mph (S-mode)||44 mph (S-mode)|
|Max Flight Time||31 min||31 min|
Similarities & Dissimilarities Between the DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs Zoom
Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad Camera
Mavic 2 Pro includes the Hasselblad camera that is famous for its renowned for the best quality of image, ergonomic design, and unique craftsmanship. It comes with the L1D-20c which is the natural color solution for you. It captures a 20-megapixel aerial with stunning color details. On the other hand, if you look at the Mavic 2 Zoom, you will find that it doesn’t include the Hasselblad camera. So it cannot capture the natural-color image.
2x Optical Zoom Camera
Mavic 2 Zoom has a 12-megapixel sensor with up to zoom function with the 2x optical zoom 4x. These features are for the dynamic perspective so that the device can capture anything from a wide angle. However, the zoom cameras are not available on the Pro.
Mavic 2 Pro has a larger CMOS sensor than Zoom; it comes with a 1-inch CMOS sensor containing an active sensing area, which is four times more effective than the original Mavic Pro. With the max ISO lifted from 3200 to 12800 and a more extensive ISO range, the larger sensor will provide you with better performance even in a low-light environment. The Mavic 2 Zoom includes a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor, which is not larger than the Pro.
Flight Time and Faster Speed
These two drones’ max flight time is 31 minutes, and the speed level is 44 miles per hour. The drone’s battery will take 1.5 hours to charge fully, and they will back up the drone for up to 31 minutes. The drones can also reach more than 1500ft if you want but remember, that device’s recommended ft is 400ft only.
Mavic 2 Pro plus Zoom upgraded with the FlightAutonomy feature, which is the obstacle sensing feature. Compared to other DJI drones, Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom have obstacle sensors on all sides. So, the devices are equipped with forwarding, backward, downward, upward, left, and right, plus the APS obstacle sensing feature. When the device is in use, make sure you are aware of the notifications in the app, as the device will notify you through the app if there are any obstacles.
Both feature Hyperlapse so that you can shoot stable aerial shots that will be processed automatically. The drone will do everything for you, but you need to tap a button on the device. Moreover, this lets you share photos to social media right after you capture them through the app. Furthermore, the images will save automatically to the SD card.
Dlog-M Color Profile
Mavic 2 Pro delivers you a natural color image since it has the Dlog-M color profile, which is missing in the Mavic 2 Zoom. In the grading room, the Mavic 2 Pro supports 10-bit Dlog for more flexibility, and this system is capable of recording more than 1 billion colors. And in return, you will get more in depth-details in both shadows, as well as highlights. Now you can leave the greatest space for post-production and can capture your favorite subtlest gradation of sunrise or sunset.
Mavic 2 Zoom doesn’t support the HDR video, while on the other hand, the Pro supports this. And you will get 4k 10-bit HDR video support. The device can be plugged into the 4K TV with the HLG plus immediately play the footage with the right color tones. The HDR feature made your video more appealing, so you can go with the Mavic 2 Pro.
You can shoot perfect photos or videos in the lower light, but your video or photo will be smoother since the Mavic 2 Pro features an adjustable aperture. It has an f/2.8-f/11 aperture that delivers outstanding images. On the other hand, the Mavic 2 Zoom doesn’t contain this; thus, you cannot take photos properly.
Quick and Accurate Focus
The Mavic 2 Zoom combines the quick plus accurate focus that is not available on the Mavic 2 Pro. However, the hybrid autofocus contrast detection and combine phase offer higher accuracy with a 40% more focus speed. It makes the subject clear plus sharp while you zoom in or out.
Since the Mavic 2 Zoom contains a zoom feature, it lets you zoom during flight. It functions with the Dolly Zoom and automatically adjusts focus, plus adds intense, warping visual effects to the videos.
In contrast, the Mavic 2 Pro doesn’t have a zoom feature, yet you can be sure of having better image & video quality from this device.
When it comes to controlling these two devices, they are brilliant since both have an intelligent controller, including a remote controller. The smart controller provides an ultra-bright 5.5-inch 1080p display. It gives vivid color plus clear visibility under direct sunlight. Also, it can be optimized with DJI Go 4 app, which is pre-installed with this device. Also, they provide a standard remote control that can run up to 135 minutes. The remote is foldable like the devices.
Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom have a one-year limited warranty; if you can find any defect in the craftsmanship, simply make a complaint to the manufacturer. They will repair the device for you, but you need to ensure that the device is in a good position and does not void the warranty requirements.
Eventually, when you need to select one, hopefully, now it’s easier for you. But if you are still not sure, then again, I recommend the Mavic 2 Pro rather than Zoom. The Zoom may contain some cameras, but the Pro can deliver better image quality. It is a little bit more pricey than Zoom, but I can assure you that the Mavic 2 Pro price is worth paying.
Frequently Asked Questions about DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs Zoom
|What is the main difference between Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom?
These two are very similar, but the most significant difference between these two drones is in the respective gimbal cameras; the Pro features this camera while the Zoom lacks this one.
Tell me the focal length of Mavic 2 Zoom?
The Mavic 2 Zoom supports shooting 4x lossless zoom 1080 video, and the focal length of this drone is 24-48 mm.
What’s the max wind resistance?
On the Beaufort scale, the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom can resist up to level 5 winds.
How much time is the battery required to be fully charged?
Approximately the battery will take 1.5 hours to charge fully.
How many feet can they go?
The drones’ recommended max feet are 400 ft, but these two drones can easily reach more than 1500 ft.
Read another drone camera comparison article here
- Mavic Air vs Mavic Pro
- Mavic 2 Pro vs Phantom 4 Pro
- DJI Spark vs Mavic Air
- Mavic Air 2 vs Mavic Mini
- Mavic Pro Platinum vs Mavic 2
- Mavic Pro vs Phantom 4
- Phantom 4 Advanced vs 4 Pro
- Phantom 4 vs Phantom 4 Pro
- Kowshik Chanda has more than 7 years of experience in the gadget industry. He is dedicated to helping people to choose different gadget items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.