Dji Mini SE vs Mini 2
I love to capture snaps and make videos of the ground targets from the sky. This is why, I purchased DJI Mini SE. But unfortunately it does not support 4K videos. So, I moved to DJI Mini 2. Besides 4K, I have also experienced some other features not provided in Mini SE.
If you want my suggestion on which one to choose, I would prefer DJI Mini 2 based on my experience using them. So let’s check the reasons why I recommend DJI Mini 2.
|What Is Better In DJI Mini 2?||What Is Better In DJI Mini SE?|
DJI Mini SE is lower than DJI Mini 2 in shooting RAW and JPEG or 4k video recording. Mark DJI Mini 2 if you want a 4K experience. Mini SE is not bad as it gives the same result on a low budget.
|Specifications||DJI Mini 2||DJI Mini SE|
|Sensor||1/2.3 inches CMOS||1/2.3 inches CMOS|
|Resolutions||12 MP||12 MP|
|Quick shots||Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, Boomerang||Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle|
|Stabilization||3 axis||3 axis|
|Maximum takeoff Altitude||4000 meter||3000 meter|
|Flight time||31 minutes||30 minutes|
|Wind speed resistance||8.5 m/s -10.5 m/s (scale 5)||8.5 m/s -10.5 m/s (scale 5)|
|GNSS||GPS, GLONASS & GALILEO||GPS & GLONASS|
|Battery||5200 mAh||2600 mAh|
|Weight||249 g||249 g|
|SD card Storage capacity||256 GB||256 GB|
|Connectivity||Ocusync 2.0||Enhanced Wi-Fi|
The Downsides Of Both Drones
DJI Mini 2
DJI Mini SE
- DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE consist of 12 megapixels resolutions with 1/2.3 inches CMOS sensor and a fixed 2.8 aperture that gives you the same result.
- 3-Axis motorized gimble gives you stability and clear footage while capturing photos or recording videos.
- Both have a 4x digital zoom to make the target closer if the subject is far enough to focus on it.
- Each drone resists winds at the rate of 8.5m/s-10.5m/s or up to scale 5.
- Both drones weigh 249 grams, which is lightweight and easy to carry.
- The battery power reduces to 2250 mAh if you use the intelligent flight feature of DJI Mini 2 or Mini SE.
Things To Consider
- You should purchase a UHS-I speed class 3 or above for your Mini 2 or Mini SE drone. If you want to use SD cards of other brands, try to use an SD card of a minimum of 16 GB.
- Attach 360-degree propeller guards to your drone for safe flying.
- Both of them work at 0 degrees to 32 degrees celsius temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Can DJI Mini 2 fly at night?
Yes, flying DJI 2 at night is possible as it has a built-in navigation feature that helps you to track it at night. Moreover, if you want to use it for commercial purposes, you need to attach a strobe light.
What to do if DJI Mini 2 loses its signal?
You do not need to do anything. DJI Mini 2’s preset Altitude will activate and return to its launching point if it loses signal.
Is DJI Mini 2 water resistant?
No, it is not. If you use it flying in the rain, its internal parts will be damaged due to rainwater.
Can I use DJI Mini 2 for mapping or surveying?
Yes, you can use it for mapping or surveying using its civil tracker feature.
Do I need to register DJI Mini SE for flying?
No, you do not need to register with FAA or Federal Aviation Administration to fly your DJI Mini SE if it weighs 250 grams or less. But it must register if you increase its weight using guard propellers and sticker accessories.
Does an obstacle reduction feature is given in DJI Mini SE?
No, it does not have any obstacle-reduction feature. You will have to attach 360-degree propeller guards for safe flying.
Can kids use DJI Mini SE?
Yes, its access control features allow kids to fly it seamlessly.