Why should you choose the Dremel 3000?
- This Rotary tool kit has a 1.2Amp powerful motor, which will help conduct your work professionally and perfectly. But the Dremel 2000 has only a 0.9 Amps motor.
- It has 6 speeds, so you can change the speed as required. But the Dremel 200 rotary tool has 2 speeds.
- Dremel 3000 rotary tool’s speed range is 5000 to 35000, and the Dremel 200 rotary tool’s speed range is 15000 and 35000.
- The accessory change system of Dremel 3000 is an EZ twist nose cap, so you can easily change accessories without wasting time. While changing the accessories of Dremel 200 is time-consuming since you will need a wrench.
- The versatility level is intermediate of this tool, but Dremel 200 versatility level is only a Basic plus.
- This rotary tool has a soft grip, so you can smoothly conduct your professional work, But Dremel 200 rotary tool doesn’t have a soft grip.
- It has an innovative airflow system installed, but this feature is not available in the Dremel 200 rotary tool.
- The Dremel 3000 has twenty-eight professional accessories with two attachments. Besides, Dremel 200 includes only one attachment and fifteen accessories, which are not sufficient for professional work.
I think you have also discovered the extra features and professional accessories of Dremel 3000, which are not available in Dremel 200.
Common features of Dremel 3000 rotary tool kit and Dremel 2000 rotary tool kit
- They are coded electrically.
- LED work light features are not available in these rotary tools.
- Both have replaceable motor brushes.
- There is no need for batteries in these rotary tool kits.
- 2 years of limited warranty is provided with these rotary tool kits.
|Specifications||Dremel 3000||Dremel 200|
|Editors Review||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||11.5 x 3.13 x 8.25 inches||10.25 x 5.5 x 3 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Rotary tool weight||3.35 pounds||1.45 pounds|
|Amps||1.2 Amps||0.9 Amps|
|Number of speed||6 Speeds||2 Speeds|
|Speed range||5,000-35,000||15,000 and 35,000|
|LED Work light||No||No|
|Accessory Change System||EZ Twist Nose Cap||Wrench|
|Replaceable Motor Brushes||Yes||Yes|
|Separate On/Off Speed Control||No||No|
|Attachment Compatibility||All||All excluding 568 Removal Kit|
|Warranty policy||2 years||2 years|
Differences and Similarities between Dremel 3000 Rotary tool kit and Dremel 200 Rotary Tool Kit in details
Design and Power
Dremel 3000 rotary tool kit’s rotary tool has a 1.2 Amp powerful motor. With this tool, you can work smoothly without any stress. On the other hand, Dremel 200 rotary tool kit rotary tool has a 0.9 Amp motor, which is not as powerful as Dremel 3000 rotary tool. Besides, an amazing engine is of such a lot of importance to guarantee the greatest force and expert execution. Both have a replaceable motor brush. Dremel 3000 rotary tools accessories can easily be changed as it has an EZ Twist Nose Cap system. Besides, you have to change accessories from the Dremel 200 rotary tool with a wrench which is time-consuming.
The Dremel 3000 rotary tool has an innovative airflow system that helps the rotary tool remain cool and quiet. But the Dremel 200 rotary tool doesn’t have this feature. The soft grip helps you to continue the work for a long period.
You can use six speeds of the Dremel 3000 rotary tool, and the speed range is 5000 to 35000 RPM. So, you can use the tool for various types of work. On the other side, Dremel 200 has 2 speeds, and the range is 15000 and 35000 RPM as you cannot conduct all the work with this rotary tool. You can use Dremel 3000 for cutting metal, cutting woods, and other purposes.
Dremel 3000 Rotary tool’s weight is 3.35 pounds (1.519Kg), and Dremel 200 rotary tool’s weight 1.45 pounds (0.66 Kg). The weight difference is not too much. Dremel 3000’s structure is sturdier and durable, for this, the weight is a little bit high, and because of the soft grip, you will not face any problems while holding the rotary tool for a long period.
Power Source and Size
The Dimension of Dremel 3000 is 11.5 x 3.13 x 8.25 inches while the Dremel 200 is 10.25 x 5.5 x 3 inches. If you prefer a small dimension tool kit, you may choose Dremel 200. These two rotary tool is corded and they need 120 Voltage power.
The Dremel 3000 rotary tool kit includes a corded electric rotary tool, two attachments, twenty-eight great Dremel embellishments, a plastic stockpiling case, and the case for accessories. On the other side, Dremel 4000 includes- a plastic stockpiling case, the main unit, fifteen excellent Dremel embellishments, one attachment, and a case for accessories. Here, Dremel 3000 rotary tool kit includes more great quality embellishments than Dremel 200.
With Dremel 200 and Dremel 3000, you will get a 2 years warranty from the purchasing date. You have to package the damaged or defective product in the box and send it to the manufacturer company. Following this, you can have your free service for 2 years.
Now, I think you may have understood that the Dremel 3000 rotary tool is far better than Dremel 200. For professional purposes, Dremel 3000 will be the best Rotary tool for you. Otherwise, you may choose Dremel 200, but I strongly suggest you choose the Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool Kit.
Frequently asked questions about Dremel 3000 and Dremel 200
Can Dremel 3000 rotary tools be used to engrave names etc., into the wood?
Yes, you can use this for the engraving names into the woods.
Can I engrave letters on rocks with the 3000?
No, you cannot use the Dremel 3000 rotary tool for engraving letters on rocks.
How many accessories are provided with a Dremel 3000 rotary tool kit?
You will get 28 accessories with Dremel 3000 rotary tool.
Which rotary tool’s accessories can be changed easily?
Dremel 3000 rotary tools accessories can be changed quickly as it has an EZ Twist Nose Cap system. Besides, you have to change accessories from the Dremel 200 rotary tool with a wrench which is time-consuming.
Find more articles here.