DeWalt DW715 and DWS715 are both single-bevel compound meter saws, which can help you cut wood smoothly. So, let’s see the differences of these machines to find out the best option here.
What Are the Differences Between Dewalt DWS715 and DW715?
|Dewalt DWS715||Dewalt DW715|
|Dewalt DWS715’s steel miter detent plate has 14 positive stops.||Dewalt DW715’s steel miter detent plate has 11 positive stops.|
|This tool is 36 lbs.||This tool is 42 lbs.|
|It has a vertical clamp.||This machine doesn’t include vertical clamp.|
|Check DWS715 Price at Amazon||Check DW715 Price at Amazon|
Since the Dewalt DWS715 combine with advanced and convenient features, this would be your best bet. And for your consideration I’ve shared the details here, have a look –
What Makes the Dewalt DWS715 Better?
- Miter detent plate improves efficiency and guarantees cutting precision. Here DWS715 has an adjustable hardened steel miter detent plate. The steel miter detent plate contains 14 positive stops. But DW715 has only 11 positive stops.
- Weight is so significant when picking proficient work tools as it is expected to move, transport, and store. DWS715 is the perfect tool for this reason, as its weight is only 36LBS (16.33 kg). You can easily move, transport, and store DWS715. But DW715 weight is 42LBS (19.05 kg), which is much heavier than DWS715 to move, transport, and store.
- You will get a vertical clamp with DWS715, which is so helpful for moving the tool. DW715 doesn’t come with a vertical clamp.
- DWS715’s dimension is 26.77 x 21.85 x 18.9 inches and DW715 dimension is 26.1 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches. So, DWS715 has a bigger dimension than DW715.
So, DWS715 has those features that improve efficiency, guarantee cutting precision, easy portability, and a bigger dimension. That’s why you should choose DWS715.
Similar Features of Dewalt DWS715 and DW715
Above mentioned four features make DWS715 better than DW715. Other features of DWS715 and DW715 are the same as follows-
- DWS715 and DW715 have the same blade diameter, 12-inch, and the blade is made of Carbide.
- They have 15 amps and a 4000 rpm motor, which gives broadened power.
- Both Saws come with the same dimensional lumber crosscut capacity at 90° (2 inches x 8 inches) and (2 inches x 6 inches) at 45°.
Other Specifications Chart of Dewalt DWS715 and DW715
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Dimension||26.1 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches||26.77 x 21.85 x 18.9 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Dimensional timber crosscut limit at 90°||2 in. x 8 inches||2 in. x 8 inches|
|Dimensional timber crosscut limit at 45°||2 in. x 6 inches||2 in. x 6 inches|
|No Load Speed||4,000 RPM||4,000 RPM|
|AMPS||15 AMPS||15 AMPS|
|Arbor Size||5/8″ OR 1 IN||5/8″ OR 1 IN|
|Warranty Description||3-Year Limited Warranty||3-Year Limited Warranty|
Features and Benefits of DWS715 and DW715
While using any miter saw, the power of the miter saw’s motor is so much important. DWS715 and DW715 both have a 15amp powerful motor that creates 4000 rpm so that both tools can deliver extended power. You can use it for various woodworks.
A blade’s diameter and quality are very important when choosing any meter saw. DWS715 and DW715 both have 12-Inches blade, which is made of Carbide. Carbide blades are much stronger and more durable. This blade will not be damaged by rust. So, you can utilize it decisively.
Weight is so essential while picking proficient work apparatuses as expected to move and transport in some cases. DWS715 is only 36LBS, and DW715 is 42 LBS. So, DWS715 is easier to move and transport than DW715.
The dimension of DWS715 is 26.77 x 21.85 x 18.9 inches and DW715 is 26.1 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches. If you are searching for a little one, at that point, the DW715 could be your decision, yet I suggest the DWS715.
Tall sliding fence
A tall sliding fence plays a vital role while cutting wood. In DWS715 tall sliding fence supports a vertically 5-1/2 inches base and In DW715 tall sliding fence supports a vertically 5-1/4 inches base.
Miter detent plate
To ensure productivity and accuracy, the miter detent plate plays a vital role. So the DWS715 has an adjustable and stainless steel miter detent plate, including 14 positive stops. On the other hand, DW715 has a miter detent plate with 11 positive stops. That’s why I strongly recommend DWS715.
Both DWS715 and DW715 include 12 inches of Carbide Tipped Blade, a Blade Wrench, and a dust bag. But you will get a vertical clamp with the DWS715, so you can select this one since this will make the work more straightforward.
Both DWS715 and DW715 have three years of limited guarantee. DeWalt has given a guarantee that it will fix the apparatuses during the three years. Yet, during this period, nobody should attempt to fix the tool. Something else, DeWalt won’t offer the free assistance to fix. Furthermore, If you aren’t pleased with the item’s exhibition, you can restore the item and get your cashback. However, you should restore it within 90 days with the receipt. Thus, while working, you need not stress by any means.
So, if you are looking for a lightweight, portable single-bevel compound miter saw, then DWS715 could be the best one. DW715 is also a useful tool, but it doesn’t have some essential features that DWS715 has. I highly recommend you choose DWS715.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dewalt DWS715 vs DW715
|Do I have to purchase a miter saw table while using dws715? Can I use it on any table or ground?
No, you don’t need to purchase a miter saw table. You can put the saw on a smooth, flat surface or a strong table while using it.
Can dws715 cut a straight miter through a 6″x6″?
Yes. DWS715 can cut a straight miter through a 6″x6″.
Does DW715 come with the light above the blade?
No, DW715 does not come with the light above the blade, but you can try DWS780. DWS780 has the XPS crosscut positioning system and LED light above the blade.
Do they provide a warranty?
Yes, you will get 90 days money guarantee with a one-year free service plus three years of warranty. But you must ensure that no one has tried to open the tool. And the warranty will not be applicable if you open the tool.
Are there any built-in clamps in DW715?
No, there are no built-in clamps in DW715.
Can I cut metal with DWS715?
Yes, Dewalt miter saws, when furnished with the correct carbide tooth edge, will cut wood, plastic, and non-ferrous metal, for example, aluminum and bronze.
Check more Dewalt miter saw comparison from below.
- Rimon Bhuiyan has 5 years of experience in the home improvement industry. He is dedicated to helping people to choose different home essential items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.