Are you looking for a smart thermostat between Ecobee3 Lite and Ecobee4? Well, Ecobee4 will provide the most satisfactory service as it has so many improved features. Let’s have a glimpse at the key features that made Ecobee4 the best choice here.
Why Ecobee4 is Best?
- Ecobee4 has the built-in Alexa feature but Ecobee3 Lite does not have this feature. Hence, you can control your Ecobee4 smart thermostat by commanding Alexa.
- This thermostat has a motion sensor, which is not included in Ecobee3 Lite. The thermostat turns on whenever it senses any motion near it. So, you can check it without touching it. Also, this feature has several moods like Home Mood, Away Mood, and Follow Me Mood to operate according to the ambiance.
- The Ecobee4 also has a room sensor. It works through the room and collects data to set the proper temperature in the room. It can cover about three rooms at a time, depending on the kit you buy with it. Ecobee3 Lite does not have that sensor.
- It has the ‘Far Voice Recognition feature, which allows you to operate it from away via voice. The Ecobee3 Lite does not have this feature either.
- It has a speaker attached that is for Alexa. It ensures the thermostat to talk back to you. There is no attached speaker with Ecobee3 Lite, although you can connect it separately.
- Ecobee4 supports humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and ventilators to set the right temperature for your place. Contrary, Ecobee3 Lite does not support any of them. So, if you have a humidifier, dehumidifier, or ventilator, Ecobee4 gives you the best service.
All these features make Ecobee4 an outstanding thermostat compared to Ecobee3 Lite. If you are satisfied with those functions and want to know the best price then just click the buttons below.
Similar Feature in Ecobee3 Lite and Ecobee4
- These two have an LCD touch screen.
- Both are compatible with a mobile app.
- They both support smart devices.
- The manufacturer offers a three years warranty with both of them.
|Editor’s Rating||4.9 Out of 5||4.6 Out of 5|
|Dimension||7.56 x 7.44 x 3.46||4.05 x 1 x 4.05|
|LCD Touch Screen||Yes||Yes|
|Mobile App Control||Yes||Yes|
|Far Voice Recognition||Yes||No|
|Smart Device Support||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years|
Difference and Similarity Between Ecobee3 Lite and Ecobee4
Product Weight and Size
Ecobee4 and Ecobee3 Lite’s weight and size are not similar. Ecobee4 is the bigger one with more weight and elaborate size. Ecobee3 Lite is quite small and lighter in weight. Ecobee4’s weight is 1.83 pounds, and Ecobee3 Lite’s weight is 1 pound. Their size is 7.56 x 7.44 x 3.46 inches for Ecobee4 and 4.05 x 1 x 4.05 inches for Ecobee3 Lite.
Room Sensor and Motion Sensor
The smart thermostat Ecobee4 has a room sensor and motion sensor in it. The room sensor gives your room the best temperature that fits the ambiance. It gathers the different temperatures data from a room. And set the best temperature for it. The motion sensor works with the motion. Whether you are home or not, it sets the mood according to your presence. When it can detect the motion in the room, it turns on the Home Mood. When it does not feel any presence at home, it turns the Away Mood on, and if you are roaming around in the house, it follows you and sets the temperature compatible with you in that place. This mood is called the Follow Me mood.
The best fact about the Ecobee4 is it arrives with a built-in Amazon Alexa feature. So you do not have to bother attaching it separately. It is not a secret how Alexa makes your work so easy with devices to manage. You get that privilege with the Ecobee4 thermostat. You can attach Amazon Alexa in Ecobee3 Lite, too by pursuing it separately.
LCD Touch Screen
This two thermostat of Ecobee has 3.5” LCD touch screen. You control the menu with it and all connections with smart devices. You can also manage the microphone of these two thermostats and the speaker of Ecobee4 with this LCD touch screen.
Far Voice Recognition
Another exclusive feature of Ecobee4 is its Far Voice Recognition ability. The Ecobee4 thermostat can recognize your voice from far away and act according to your command. That feature allows you to operate the thermostat from a distance. Although the Ecobee3 Lite does not have this advantage.
Wifi and Mobile App Compatibility
Smart thermostats work with wifi. Therefore these two thermostats are WiFi-compatible. They can be controlled by a mobile app too. If there is no wifi connection in the thermostats, it will work as a manual thermostat. Furthermore, these two thermostats could be controlled by computers via a web portal.
Warranty in Ecobee4 and Ecobee3 Lite is for three years. These are limited warranties. You would get Ecobee’s customer care for these years for your thermostat. Ecobee promises you a safe journey with their products for these years.
If you do not want to compromise on any section while buying your thermostat, you should go with Ecobee4. Its included sensors, built-in Alexa, Far Voice Recognition feature, and last but not the least compatibility with humidifier, dehumidifier, and ventilators make it the best among these two thermostats. In case you are having second thought about being budget-friendly and attaching other features separately, then you can buy the Ecobee3 Lite for your place. Therefore choose one that fulfills all your demands, Ecobee3 Lite and Ecobee4 have almost everything to offer you.
Frequently Asked Question About Ecobee3 Lite and Ecobee4
|What is the weight of Ecobee4?|
The weight of Ecobee4 is 1.83 pounds.
Does Ecobee3 Lite come with a speaker?
No, Ecobee3 Lite does not come with any speakers. But you can attach it separately.
Does Ecobee4 support smart devices?
Ye, Ecobee4 does support smart devices.
Can the Web control Ecobee3 Lite?
Yes, you can control Ecobee3 Lite by the Web portal.
How does the ‘Far Voice Recognition’ feature work on Ecobee4?
This feature can recognize your voice from away and work according to your command.
Learn more comparison articles from the link below.