Google Nest E and Ecobee3 Lite are two user-oriented thermostats to make your home warm and comfy. But Ecobee3 Lite is comparatively better as it has some amazing features. Let’s see what features make Ecobee3 Lite a superior thermostat than Nets E.
Why Ecobee3 Lite is Better?
- Ecobee3 Lite supports sensors. Remote sensor and room sensor are not built-in in Ecobee3 Lite, but you can attach these separately and have better facilities than Nest E. Because Nest does not have any sensor in it, even it does not support any.
- In the section on smart device ability, Nest E has a limitation and does not support the Apple Homekit service. Contrary, Ecobee3 Lite supports all Apple Homekit, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa.
- The Ecobee3 Lite comes with an LCD touch screen. However, Nest E’s screen is not a touch screen; you have to use the outer ring to change temperature or program. So, Ecobee3 Lite gives a smooth service to you.
- The LCD screen of Ecobee3 Lite is a high-definition screen that you can see from a short distance. But Nest E’s screen comes in low resolution. Often it could be tough to read from a little distance or when you are in a hurry.
- The warranty for Ecobee3 Lite is limited to 3 years. In contrast, Nest E comes only for one year warranty.
Ecobee3 Lite has all these special features to make your everyday life easier. If you want to know the prices of these thermostats then just press the buttons below.
Similar Features in Ecobee3 Lite and Nest E
- They come almost in the same weight.
- Both support Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
- They are compatible with humidifiers and ventilators.
- Both are enabled to voice command control.
- You can control both with a mobile app.
- They come with a DIY installation system.
|Specification||Nest E||Ecobee3 Lite|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 Out of 5||4.8 Out of 5|
|Dimension||3.19×3.19×1.14||4.05 x 1 x 4.05|
|Remote Sensor||No||Yes(can include separately)|
|Room Sensor||No||Yes(can include separately)|
|Mobile App Control||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Device Support||Limited||Multiple|
|Warranty||1 Year||3 Years|
Difference and Similarity Between Ecobee3 Lite and Nest E
These two thermostats come in very different designs. While one is square and another one is round. Both are almost 1 pound in weight, and their dimensions for Ecobee3 Lite is 4.05 x 1 x 4.05 inches, and for the Nest, E is 3.19×3.19×1.14 inches. The Ecobee3 Lite comes in a sleek design, while Nest E’s display is frosted glass.
Ecobee3 Lite supports two types of sensors one is a room sensor; another is a remote sensor or a motion sensor. Room sensors detect rooms’ various temperatures and set a suitable one for the room. Motion sensors detect motion and decide to set the Mood according to motion. When the place is motionless less, it enables Away Mood. When it can detect motion near, it enables Home mood. When it detects anyone is moving at home, it Sets the Follow Me Mood. You have to buy these sensors separately from Ecobee if you want to attach them to your Ecobee3 Lite thermostat. Nest E does not support any sensors.
Both of the thermostats support voice control. You can command your Ecobee3 Lite or Nest E thermostat and get results according to this. They both support Amazon Alexa and Google Home for this feature. Ecobee Lite also supports the Apple Homekit smart device with this function, but Nest E refuses to support Apple Homekit.
The Ecobee3 Lite and Nest E have quite a different screen as one’s is a touch screen the other one is not. Ecobee Lite comes with a high-definition LCD touch screen 3.5″ in size. It is a touch screen. You manage the menu, and other devices control through this. The Nest E’s display is made with frosted glass and not touch-enabled. The display’s resolution is also not as good as Ecobee3 Lite, so it can be hard to read the thermostat. Since it is not a touchscreen, you have to use the outer ring to set the temperature or change any program.
What makes Nest E an eccentric thermostat is its Learning Algorithm feature. This feature works like magic. Whenever you set a temperature for one or two days at the same time, it takes note of that, and later, after a week, it uses its own algorithm to set an accurate temperature for you by itself in that scheduled time. That is a whole new feature in a new generation thermostat. Besides’ if you do not like this option, you can switch it off too.
WiFi and Mobile Compatibility
Ecobee3 Lite and Nest E support a 2.4GHz WiFi network. Also, these two are mobile app compatible thermostats. So, you can manage these two thermostats with your mobile. Both exploit wireless communication through these functions.
Ecobee supplies a 3-year limited warranty with the Ecobee3 Lite. Google offers a 1-year warranty with its Nest E thermostat. In this matter, Ecobee3 Lite is undoubtedly a winner. You get a longer backup service time for your thermostat from them, where Google only offers 1-year backup service for their thermostat.
These two thermostats from Ecobee and Google are different from each other, still amazing with their features. Ecobee3 Lite offers slightly better stuff like high definition touch screen, a better warranty deal, finer smart device compatibility, and good sensor support. Nest E is also special with its learning algorithm. Therefore, in the end, it is your call to have which one would be better for your place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ecobee3 Lite and Nest E
|What would happen if Ecobee3 Lite does not have access to the internet?|
If the device does not have internet access then you can use it as an analog thermostat.
Does Nest E work with Alexa?
Yes, Nest E does work with Alexa.
Can I lock the temperature in Ecobee3 Lite?
You can set the temperature and lock the thermostat, which will open only with your set passcode.
Does Nest E have a low-temperature alarm?
Yes, Nest E has a low-temperature alarm.
Does Ecobee3 Lite work with Google Home?
Yes, Ecobee3 Lite does work with Google Home.
Read more comparison articles from the link below.